BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

That's the main reason I don't like him.

I genuinely couldn't give a (Please don't use that word again) what the outcome is. Big Sam is a Grade A ###### and we were only ever going to be a stepping stone for him.

Okinell! Just about the most gormless statement I can recall Pedro. Can you not think things through logically? EVERY good manager that we have had in the past 50 years has used us as a stepping stone ffs! ... It's the name of the game for a small town club. An occupational hazard in fact. In my memory we've been 'used' as stepping stones by Johnny Carey, Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Jim Smith, Howard Kendall and Mark Hughes. KMD used us as recuperation. All the sh1t ones stuck like sh1t to a blanket until WE got rid of them.

Which way would you want it?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okinell! Just about the most gormless statement I can recall Pedro. Can you not think things through logically? EVERY good manager that we have had in the past 50 years has used us as a stepping stone ffs! ... It's the name of the game for a small town club. An occupational hazard in fact. In my memory we've been 'used' as stepping stones by Johnny Carey, Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee, Jim Smith, Howard Kendall and Mark Hughes. KMD used us as recuperation. All the sh1t ones stuck like sh1t to a blanket until WE got rid of them.

Which way would you want it?

some people just dont grasp the concept and its actually quite easy:

using us as a stepping stone = the player/manager has ambition, has done good and has been atleast somewhat succesfull, when working for our club.

another thing is, i´ve repeatedly come across post like pedro´s on here and im baffled. If you wanna succeed in the worlds biggest sport and in the most media covered league in the world, you gotta stay in control or atleast fake it convincingly, you gotta be ruthless at times and your confidence needs to be sky high. Sam might have come across in an arrogant manner, but imho its a neccessary evil, if you want to succeed as manager. Perhaps he was, perhaps he was not, but one thing which is sure, he earned the right to be a bit arrogant, through years of hard work and good results.

Okinell! Just about the most gormless statement I can recall Pedro.

I'm glad you said it!

Any manager, or player for that matter, who arrives at Rovers not seeing us a stepping stone to top is either on the decline toward retirement or completely lacks any professional ambition.

He did not want to upset anyone. Kidd went to Blackburn and it didn't go well for him.

His replacement was Steve McClaren, another good coach who was a bit more cunning than Kidd.

He was not as popular as Kidd with the players, but that cunning is a good skill for a manager. I would go further and say that a manager has to be capable of telling bare-faced lies.

Have I ignored a big part of our history!!??

He did not want to upset anyone. Kidd went to Blackburn and it didn't go well for him.

His replacement was Steve McClaren, another good coach who was a bit more cunning than Kidd.

He was not as popular as Kidd with the players, but that cunning is a good skill for a manager. I would go further and say that a manager has to be capable of telling bare-faced lies.

Have I ignored a big part of our history!!??

I think he's talking about who replaced Kidd as assistant manager at Man United there...although it does read wrong because the article is about Kean :S

If Big Sam was able to use us as a 'stepping stone' it means that he's been successful at his job.

Which means Rovers have been successful.

Fail to see your issue with this.

Allardyce although a 100x better than kean(he is a genuine manager after all!) didnt see rovers as a stepping stone more like semi-retirement in my view, i simply could never get my head around him spending the entire 1st halve of every game sat in the stands sharing a blanky with J Williams, ive heard all the theories(excuses) to why he did this but im not having any of them, theirs plenty of other reasons i wasnt a fan of his but this 1 irritated me the most.

Allardyce although a 100x better than kean(he is a genuine manager after all!) didnt see rovers as a stepping stone more like semi-retirement in my view, i simply could never get my head around him spending the entire 1st halve of every game sat in the stands sharing a blanky with J Williams, ive heard all the theories(excuses) to why he did this but im not having any of them, theirs plenty of other reasons i wasnt a fan of his but this 1 irritated me the most.

Sam adpted this policy at Bolton, I can tell you from an elevated posion, you can quickly see how the opposition are shaping, movement and weaknesses etc,

it really does make a difference being up in the stands!!

Sam adpted this policy at Bolton, I can tell you from an elevated posion, you can quickly see how the opposition are shaping, movement and weaknesses etc,

it really does make a difference being up in the stands!!

nope heard that 1 not avin it, if he only stayed up their for 10-15mins id agree but sitting up their for 45mins and having to wait untill halve time to really get your points across to the players is a daft idea espaecially considering the amount of early and 1st halve goals we conceded under Sam it would normally be to little to late at best he could motivate them enough at halve time to get an equaliser and settle for a draw, but if he had been on the touchline as soon as he so that things were going wrong he could get on players cases and then who knows and yes i know he was prob sending orders down to his coaches to pass on to players but seriously how much notice do you think players take of coaches during games(EG. Kean!)

Sam was very popular among fans who understood football and knew his value to the club. You're obviously not one of them.

I think you will find I was 100% pro-Allardyce you simpleton, he had a lot of haters though.

Sam was very popular among fans who understood football and knew his value to the club. You're obviously not one of them.

O the irony, you arrogant so and so.

p.s.

Other managers have achieved more in a shorter space of time whilst playing better football and with less money to spend than Allardyce

p.p.s ill give Sam till december b4 he is sacked.

O the irony, you arrogant so and so.

p.s.

Other managers have achieved more in a shorter space of time whilst playing better football and with less money to spend than Allardyce

p.p.s ill give Sam till december b4 he is sacked.

Not a chance. Heard he's revered by those at WHAM who hold the power. Also, widely respected throughout the club and has successfully integrated the different playing levels where previously, it might have been more 'them and us'.

I also think that his intended legal actions against Kean & BRFC have caused quite a stir within Ewood's corridors, possibly adding to the tensions of the vested interests.

nope heard that 1 not avin it, if he only stayed up their for 10-15mins id agree but sitting up their for 45mins and having to wait untill halve time to really get your points across to the players is a daft idea

He was in contact with the players all the time via communications with his assistant manager on the touchline. av that one instead.

nope heard that 1 not avin it, if he only stayed up their for 10-15mins id agree but sitting up their for 45mins and having to wait untill halve time to really get your points across to the players is a daft idea espaecially considering the amount of early and 1st halve goals we conceded under Sam it would normally be to little to late at best he could motivate them enough at halve time to get an equaliser and settle for a draw, but if he had been on the touchline as soon as he so that things were going wrong he could get on players cases and then who knows and yes i know he was prob sending orders down to his coaches to pass on to players but seriously how much notice do you think players take of coaches during games(EG. Kean!)

Fergie does exactly the same, and he hasn't done too badly. What's "halve" time by the way ?

I do like how Allardyce bashing is now the preserve of the stubborn tiny minority, shame it wasn't like this in 2010.

However, for Pedro to state that the fans have done as much harm to the club as Kean and Venky's, I mean, what fan can truly believe such a thing?

Have you not seen Allardyce speak to his assistant throughout the first half via his headset? Its a good policy, why have an assistant and not use him?

Neil McDonald would issue instructions to the players on where to change things if need be, as someone has stated, SAF adopts this policy, it works and in my opinion, it gives you a much better view of what is happening all over the park!

Have you not seen Allardyce speak to his assistant throughout the first half via his headset? Its a good policy, why have an assistant and not use him?

Neil McDonald would issue instructions to the players on where to change things if need be, as someone has stated, SAF adopts this policy, it works and in my opinion, it gives you a much better view of what is happening all over the park!

I bet Kean brings headsets into the fold next season, him and Hendry can discuss where they'll be getting ###### after the game.

If I was manager of a football team I would do exactly the same. Opposition tactic and player strengths and weaknesses are so much more visible from on high above the half way line. Sitting behind the goals is for people who place atmosphere above the finer points of the game. Where do you sit Hardly just as a matter of interest? Seems you still cannot quite get around to accepting the facts of Allardyces managerial record. Whats up? Frightened of admitting your mistakes?

He was in contact with the players all the time via communications with his assistant manager on the touchline. av that one instead.

You obviously didnt bothert reading the last sentance of my post b4 you replied.

Fergie does exactly the same, and he hasn't done too badly. What's "halve" time by the way ?

Fergie shoots down to the touchline the second he sees things going wrong, unlike fat sam who just waited until half time regardless of whats happening.

halve/hav/

Verb:

• Divide into two parts of equal or roughly equal size: "peel and halve the pears".
  • Reduce or be reduced by half.

see above!

And yes i suppose it is a bit pointless to be carrying on the sam bashing after all this time, i was just giving my opinion to other peoples posts(and it is a fat sam thread).

You obviously didnt bothert reading the last sentance of my post b4 you replied.

Fergie shoots down to the touchline the second he sees things going wrong, unlike fat sam who just waited until half time regardless of whats happening.

halve/hav/

Verb:

• Divide into two parts of equal or roughly equal size: "peel and halve the pears".
  • Reduce or be reduced by half.

see above!

And yes i suppose it is a bit pointless to be carrying on the sam bashing after all this time, i was just giving my opinion to other peoples posts(and it is a fat sam thread).

Sorry Hardly, I dont think you understand football!

Archived