BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam means business !?!?

If I was manager of a football team I would do exactly the same. Opposition tactic and player strengths and weaknesses are so much more visible from on high above the half way line. Sitting behind the goals is for people who place atmosphere above the finer points of the game. Where do you sit Hardly just as a matter of interest? Seems you still cannot quite get around to accepting the facts of Allardyces managerial record. Whats up? Frightened of admitting your mistakes?

I only go to a handfull of home games a season mainly because of financial reasons and i like to sit in differant areas each time and always have a great view(if thats what you are getting at!),

what mistakes have i made childish daftlad, I totaly understand why a lot of people where big fans of allardyce im just not 1 of them end of story.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hilarious!, silly boy.

I dont want to make you look an idiot and please dont call me a silly boy, in my management experience, albeit semi pro level, thats my opinion,

have made LFA Youth cup finals, beaten Accy Stanley along the way, produced over 50 top non league players, I do think I have a decent idea!!

I dont want to make you look an idiot and please dont call me a silly boy, in my management experience, albeit semi pro level, thats my opinion,

have made LFA Youth cup finals, beaten Accy Stanley along the way, produced over 50 top non league players, I do think I have a decent idea!!

A track record better than Coco's !!!

Would you level the same criticism at the vast majority of professional managers who watch the game from the touchline? Or even at Sam for watching the 2nd half from there?

No, its everyone to their own thoughts, what isnt in question is the overall picture from a higher vantage point, this is now included in most coaching seminars!

Another thought here whilst we ponder the question, I always had an assistant, one of us would watch our own players and the other the opposition, if both watch your own players only, you dont always get the full scenario, by watching the opposition, you find quickly the way they are set up, who they are playing through and where they are most dangerous, so your own game and the opposition game together, allows you to react to situations more quickly!!

No, its everyone to their own thoughts, what isnt in question is the overall picture from a higher vantage point, this is now included in most coaching seminars!

Another thought here whilst we ponder the question, I always had an assistant, one of us would watch our own players and the other the opposition, if both watch your own players only, you dont always get the full scenario, by watching the opposition, you find quickly the way they are set up, who they are playing through and where they are most dangerous, so your own game and the opposition game together, allows you to react to situations more quickly!!

Bang on Kelbo. Unfortunately the term 'Pearls before swine' springs to mind. That sort will never see it.

get over yourself pal, if you had any real know how youd be managing/coaching at an higher level wouldnt you!, O' and what "higher vantage point" did you get at these semi-pro matches(was a step ladder involved :rock: ), ive known and worked with people that have similar football background as you claim and they are all ego(in my experiance), when its like 1 step up from sunday league football.

get over yourself pal, if you had any real know how youd be managing/coaching at an higher level wouldnt you!, O' and what "higher vantage point" did you get at these semi-pro matches(was a step ladder involved :rock: ).

Dare I ask what your credentials are?

get over yourself pal, if you had any real know how youd be managing/coaching at an higher level wouldnt you!, O' and what "higher vantage point" did you get at these semi-pro matches(was a step ladder involved :rock: ).

I dont need to get over anything, ( except the wife) your last statement told me me all I need to know!!

Most non legue grounds have a banking or whatever, some, such as Nantwich, Kendall, Radcliffe etc have quite high stands/ terracing!!

OK?

Most non legue grounds have a banking or whatever, some, such as Nantwich, Kendall, Radcliffe etc have quite high stands/ terracing!!

OK?

really, and you stood up their whilst the games where on(i believe you!) and im not afraid to admit i dont go to non-league games so wouldnt know(or really care), as a previous poster pointed out, 99% of other managers stat in or around the dugout at all times, i guess they are all idiots too from what you say(ie. get over ya self),

Further more i am an idiot somtimes dont need your help their pal, i started of by just giving my opinion, you and your pal started the antagonising silly talk.

I don't have anything of substance to add but just thought I would say how much I am enjoying the catfight.

Carry on, lads!

We need more of this kind of thing on here.

This is finished, the lad is clearly bemused and I wont bite anymore!!

You obviously didnt bothert reading the last sentance of my post b4 you replied.

Fergie shoots down to the touchline the second he sees things going wrong, unlike fat sam who just waited until half time regardless of whats happening.

halve/hav/

Verb:

• Divide into two parts of equal or roughly equal size: "peel and halve the pears".
  • Reduce or be reduced by half.

see above!

And yes i suppose it is a bit pointless to be carrying on the sam bashing after all this time, i was just giving my opinion to other peoples posts(and it is a fat sam thread).

Sorry to interrupt, but it really is as well to make sure you understand your parts of speech correctly before trying to correct someone else's post.

Halve is the verb form, while Half (as in half-time) is the adjectival form. Therefore Jim Mk2 was quite correct.

Archived