BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Garra Dembele

Jamesw1982

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were going to pay over 3 million for this guy a couple of seasons ago.

Why Scumbag?

"While playing in Auxerre he had been convicted of driving while intoxicated resulting in suspension of his driving licence. Later he had again been punished for driving without a license.

In October 2006, he was accused of rape by a 22-year old American student while in Rome,but was later released and allowed to return to France.

On 2 December 2010, he was arrested in Sofia for drunk driving and producing a fake driving license. On 2 February 2011, Dembélé was handed an eight-month suspended sentence for drink-driving offence. He was handed the suspended sentence with a three-year probation period after being caught drink-driving in December and presenting police with a forged driving licence"- from wikipedia.

Take into account the convictions where spread over a period of years(spanning his career so far) so it wasnt just a bit of youthul rebellion.

p.s.

3rd player to be linked with rovers by sky today alone, Me thinks agents are at work.

While playing in Auxerre he had been convicted of driving while intoxicated resulting in suspension of his driving licence. Later he had again been punished for driving without a license.

In October 2006, he was accused of rape by a 22-year old American student while in Rome,but was later released and allowed to return to France.

On 2 December 2010, he was arrested in Sofia for drunk driving and producing a fake driving license. On 2 February 2011, Dembélé was handed an eight-month suspended sentence for drink-driving offence. He was handed the suspended sentence with a three-year probation period after being caught drink-driving in December and presenting police with a forged driving licence

p.s.

3rd player to be linked with rovers by sky today alone, Me thinks agents are at work.

Ok fair point. lol

here are some of goals at Levski

There is some pretty shocking defending and keepers watching them goals, the standard is nowhere near championship. Some of the goals looked like they were on the park with the man and and his dog watching (goals 23/24).

i agree the bulgarian league isnt the strongest but the majority of those goals were 1 touch finishes , the guy obviosuly strikes a ball well and is confident enough not to want or need that 2nd touch , he looks big strong and quick , the raw ingredients are all there , and at 26 he's still about to reach his peak, i'm not trying to build him up a world beater , but i'm not prepared to knock him down because he only performed in a weak league , but ...... unless Goodwillie is in the verge of leaving and or Slew/Blackman ..why the hell do we need him? .....unless he can play c/b too

I would take him regardless of his behaviour, was very highly rated before his Freiburg move. Could be strong in the Championship. Maybe sign this guy then no more strikers please.

i agree the bulgarian league isnt the strongest but the majority of those goals were 1 touch finishes , the guy obviosuly strikes a ball well and is confident enough not to want or need that 2nd touch , he looks big strong and quick , the raw ingredients are all there , and at 26 he's still about to reach his peak, i'm not trying to build him up a world beater , but i'm not prepared to knock him down because he only performed in a weak league , but ...... unless Goodwillie is in the verge of leaving and or Slew/Blackman ..why the hell do we need him? .....unless he can play c/b too

Im not knocking down, I hope he plays and is class, an impact like Demba Ba would be great.

7 differant clubs in as many years with his 1 season at sofia being the only time he has scored more than 5 goals, hmmmmm, considering some of the decent solid british forwards we have been linked with it would be a cop out to sign him(not that we even need another forward as others have said).

I would take him regardless of his behaviour, was very highly rated before his Freiburg move. Could be strong in the Championship. Maybe sign this guy then no more strikers please.

To be far you would take anybody it would seem, hehehe ;) , i think taking on loan would be the only sensible thing to do.

Looks strong, quick, two-footed, good technique, good in the air, composed and good at penalties from that video......I remember us being linked with him before along with someone else in England.

This is what a Bulgarian had to say about him in 2011 - "Strong, powerful forward with a lot of pace and a killer right foot. Untypical for a forward, he dives into tackles and he's willing to play his heart out for the team - gets a great deal of coverage on the pitch and you can see him on the left back position [or elsewhere in defense], when Levski are pushed back."

As for his previous run-ins with the law.....Givet has been convicted for drink-driving and Goodwillie has been accused of rape.....being convicted of rape is a whole different matter entirely so with ones who are just accused, it's a weird situation.....but Givet's was a one-off and this guy has done it a few times....although maybe Givet does it all the time, he just doesn't get caught.

Dembele, Nuno Gomes, Rochina, Goodwillie and Best. I don't mind having 5 strikers as long as we have enough midfielders and defenders......and the more strikers we have, the less chance of Blackman getting a game.

Dembele, Nuno Gomes, Rochina, Goodwillie and Best. I don't mind having 5 strikers as long as we have enough midfielders and defenders......and the more strikers we have, the less chance of Blackman getting a game.

For some reason(despite what all fans think and see!) Kean doesnt seem to think of rochina as a centre forward of any kind and only ever plays him out wide(if he gets played at all),

Seen this guy a few times for Freiburg - like the look of him, strong & quick.

Would be very happy with adding him to the squad.

Couldnt give a monkeys about his past drink driving problems....many footballers have them!

Archived