BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Garra Dembele

Jamesw1982

Quite shocked to see the change in general feelings(not highlighting anyone in particular) towards a convicted drunk driver when I compare them to what I remember from the previous drunk driving discussions.

It seemed that the entire board where saying with one voice that no way do they want a convicted drunk driver having anything to do with our club.

Now, I want Steve Kean, Venkys, Jerome et all to be gone from this club, but it seems a shed load different to the last time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its more than just drink drive convictions though, being caught driving whilst banned using and carrying a fake license is totaly premeditated and says a lot about his character, does this circus need more clowns-Not in my opinion.

The guy doesn't want to be a teacher. Of course he's committed a reckless, senseless crime but we've had far worse at the club and to me its not serious enough to warrant getting angry about considering the nature of the offence. I wouldn't hire the guy to work in an office environment, but considering he's coming here to play football, I really don't see how a drink driving conviction is really relevant at all. To have someone like Goodwillie at the club is a different matter entirely.

The guy doesn't want to be a teacher. Of course he's committed a reckless, senseless crime but we've had far worse at the club and to me its not serious enough to warrant getting angry about considering the nature of the offence. I wouldn't hire the guy to work in an office environment, but considering he's coming here to play football, I really don't see how a drink driving conviction is really relevant at all. To have someone like Goodwillie at the club is a different matter entirely.

I completely agreed with all of that until the last part.....he wasn't convicted of rape so I don't think that is enough and with the assault charge he was sticking up for his mate who had been on the receiving end of a cheap shot.....he has other previous of getting in fights but that is all spur of the moment and presumably whilst drinking alcohol.

Drink driving, which although obviously includes alcohol as well, is pre-meditated and is worse as you are putting people's lives in more danger....including potentially children/families....so Givet is worse than Goodwillie in that respect....in my opinion of course.

Good to see Kean using the trial system that worked so well in the past, he's such a good judge of a player. You only have to look at the players he's bought in for a trial before to see how well he can spot talent. Ribiero and Anderson take a bow!!!

Whilst he's a useless manager, I can't help but feel that his hands may have been tied when it came to those particular transfers.

Yeah I think that basically hes gettting who he wants now- get the feeling the conversation with venkys went somethimng like this "the club signed all these players I didnt want, and we got relegated - let me sign who I need and we will go back up straight away" The problem is there were still enough decent players to have stayed up. Lets hope next conversation is "well we signed who you wanted - and we are looking very poor - bye bye" when it hopefully becomes obvious even to them hes not upto the job.

Im not sure about Dembele - hes doesnt seem to have made the step up to a level comparable to the championship. At least Murphy, Best and Gomes have played at a higher level than the championship. Nunes and it now looks like Jorge have the potential. Mind you hope Jorge isnt instead of Silva.

In some ways it makes sense getting players from portugal if they are good enough as our "manager" can speak the language - just a pity hes a very poor manager

Dembele has the chance in the trial, if he impresses he seems to have all the necessary tools to be a success in the Championship and is just the sort of striker we need (strong, powerful, direct, etc...). I just hope that if we do go ahead with a loan move that we are smart enough to include an option to make the deal permanent.

Watched a few of his games in the bundesliga.

Looked a bit of a Jason Roberts in all honesty, missed quite a few great chances

If he's Jason Roberts standard then he'll do fine in the championship. The guy couldn't cut it at premiership level at all but for Reading he was a fantastic presence last season.

The thing is Best is the only one of our current strikers suited to playing up top on his own.....Nuno Gomes has done in the past I think but these days apparently he plays more off a striker.....and didn't Singh say he would play there....so this guy would still be pretty useful.....some of that defending was shocking but most of the goals still demonstrated his ability.

Archived