BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Garra Dembele

Jamesw1982

Im not sure about Dembele - hes doesnt seem to have made the step up to a level comparable to the championship. At least Murphy, Best and Gomes have played at a higher level than the championship.

Are you kidding? The Bundesliga is a higher level than the Championship, definitely. A handful of clubs at Championship level maybe, but overall, definitely a stronger league.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate is half-German and his dad was telling me recently that Freiburg have become stronger since Cisse left as before they would only concentrate on giving him the ball and now they play better as a team.....but no Freiburg probably aren't as strong as the others....although I did say "even Freiburg" and the original discussion was comparing them to Championship teams.

I'd forgotten that Ba came from Hoffenheim....I remember them being top of the Bundesliga a few years ago half way through the season. Then the next season I think they started strongly as well.....but I don't follow too much German football and I don't think they finished that highly in either.

The thing is Best is the only one of our current strikers suited to playing up top on his own.....Nuno Gomes has done in the past I think but these days apparently he plays more off a striker.....and didn't Singh say he would play there....so this guy would still be pretty useful.....some of that defending was shocking but most of the goals still demonstrated his ability.

I think Nuno is best suited when someone plays off him, not vice versa. He's an intelligent player but I don't think we should expect him to hit double figures this coming season.

Are you kidding? The Bundesliga is a higher level than the Championship, definitely. A handful of clubs at Championship level maybe, but overall, definitely a stronger league.

True, but since when is Dembele a proven Bundesliga player? That's why he's coming here...

Dembele has the chance in the trial, if he impresses he seems to have all the necessary tools to be a success in the Championship and is just the sort of striker we need (strong, powerful, direct, etc...). I just hope that if we do go ahead with a loan move that we are smart enough to include an option to make the deal permanent.

He's gone home, trial over.

Andy Cryer posted he'd gone home. Wonder if they had a look and didn't think he was better than what we already had. Edinho Junior may have been considered better.

Or someone at the club has a relationship with edinho's agent.

Perhaps he went to the game to see the team play, saw how our supporters protestors were, and thought....no thanks

Thats a bit harsh as i've not seen anyone criticise the lad in fact a few have been complimntary about him on various messageboards/social networking sites!!!

I think he means the fact that many supporters were still chanting Kean-Out and various other anti-Kean/Venkys chants and not singing in support of the team itself.

There were many songs and applause to support the team (s). how anyone can critisise the fans for chanting against venkys and kean is.. beyond belief!

We should all forgive and forget.. ??? :wacko:

I think he means the fact that many supporters were still chanting Kean-Out and various other anti-Kean/Venkys chants and not singing in support of the team itself.

The sooner the Venky clowns realise the club will go nowhere without the full backing of the fans, the sooner they will dump Kean.

The penny better drop quickly or this season will be a write off.

Perhaps he went to the game to see the team play, saw how our supporters protestors were, and thought....no thanks

i'd imagine any player linked to the club has access to the internet, even if they know nowt about rovers 2 minutes on google looking at recent form and news would very clearly open their eyes to the fact the club is a shambles and the manager a useless hated fraud.

I'd be utterly amazed if anyone coming here expects anything less than 90 minutes of kean out/venkys out.......i support rovers but admittedly at present and for the last 18 months i have despised kean more, a crumb, a sniff, the slightest inkling of better things ahead has never materialised under his appalling tenure he should'nt expect people not to protest and no one linked to the club unless completely braindead should expect to walk into an upbeat atmosphere..........JUST SACK HIM mardi-gras will have nothing on the celebrations that would follow.

I have to say after finding out about the wiki page last night I am glad this guy has gone home who knows if he stayed he probably would have encouraged Kean providing false driving documents is a good idea & with one drink driver at the helm we certainly don't want 2 kean has already dragged this great club through the mud if this joker had joined who knows how far we could have fallen in a short space of time same goes for Joey Barton.

Oh rest assured the anti-Kean chants were loud and clear yesterday. There were even a couple of new ones added to the repertoire. However, if it had ben a real game and not just a friendly, there would have been more encouragement for the team and the kean out chants would have been kept for half time, after we went a goal down etc, I think. This was not about supporting the team because the result didn't realy matter so fans could have a more prolonged go at Kean in among supporting their team, rather than the other way round

Lol he wasnt evern there, so your theory has just been thrown out.There was pleanty of support for the team yesterday, was a good turn out by Rovers fans. Yes there were 'Kean Out' chants but there was also lots of support for the players playing on the pitch.

Archived