BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Edinho Junior

Kamy100

Historically speaking, Portugal is Brazil's "mother", as during the Napoleonic wars the British Navy evacuated the Portuguese Royal household and whoever else wanted to go, to Brazil to save them from the French invaders

Come on man get real here, I was only talking in jest. Course I knew there would be SOME kind of connection between them just never had the interest or desire to ever find out. So thanks for that.

Getting players from the portuguese teams could be a good idea because most of the portuguese youngsters don't get many chances in their first years as seniors and they might be interested in moving to another country. They are good but the big portuguese teams prefere to loan or sell them and bet in south america players.

I have a friend who follows Portuguese football.

He reckons Nomo Gomes is too old to be effective now.

He hasn't heard about any of the youngsters.

Have you?

KEANSCUM talks fluent bullshyte as well as Portuguese/scottish/cumbernaulese and Glaswegian extra !

Seriously, does anyone expect him to unearth a portuguese gem when he could not even manage to put a eam out of players playing in their natural positions ?

I fully expect Kean to relegate us !

Historically speaking, Portugal is Brazil's "mother", as during the Napoleonic wars the British Navy evacuated the Portuguese Royal household and whoever else wanted to go, to Brazil to save them from the French invaders

Or, you know, because they colonized Brazil about 300 years before that.

He reckons Nomo Gomes is too old to be effective now.

Have you?

He reckons Nuno Gomes is too old to be effective now.

Have you?

No, I haven't.

Nuno Gomes can be effective as an impact player. He is a very inteligent player so I believe he can still be an important player for Rovers.

The only other portuguese related to Rovers I had heard before was Adrien Silva, could be a good addition to Rovers.

In regards to Edinho Junior, I remember him being on trial at Celtic and heard he played well in a friendly but then that was the end of it....in fact I think a fair few Celtic fans were a bit puzzled as by all accounts he impressed and looked to have talent.

I found that out by googling too ;)

I genuinely remember.....I am a lifelong Celtic fan also.

What an awful thing to admit to. There's only one club for me no matter what country or circumstance.

Anyway, your entitlled to your way of living. I'd like to hear more about this lad. I was hoping for more of a detailed report on his outing today.

I'm a Scotland fan first and foremost by far.....then I just support a couple of club teams as I lived in Scotland then moved to England when I was younger. Then when I was planning on following an English team my uncle convinced me to like Rovers after we went to a game....but I can't remember which as it was in about '93 in the first premier league season and I was about 6....I want to say Aston Villa because there were loads of us there and I have family who support them but I might just be putting 2 and 2 together.....like I said I don't personally see it as an issue because it's just club football and I put Scotland above them both...I could see how others could mind, but I'm fine with it....if I hadn't left Scotland, or if I had been older when I did, there would be no chance that it happened but I was starting to take a real interest in English football and thought I may as well have a team......but then I loved how Rovers played back then especially down the wings and with Shearer etc and the fact my Uncle would take me with him from Birmingham sometimes to Ewood meant my affection for them caught up with my Celtic one.....admittedly round about the time when they started to challenge for the league but I hadn't planned on following a successful English team as I already had Celtic.

When Celtic and Blackburn played against each other in Europe, I didn't bother going as I was neutral and just watched it impartially....then concentrated on the positives afterwards.

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=343286

Edinho is going to sign a 3 year deal, according to the newspaper A Bola.

It also mentions the problems between Edinhoo's father and the directos of Olhanense. The first claims that Edinho was autorized to travel and that a fee had already beeen established. The directors deny it and threaten to take it to UEFA

Archived