BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Are Venkys gambling our Clubs future?

The gamble is on promotion, we don't make it and crowds, sponsorships etc continue to dip, wages will beocme a bigger and bigger issue, we will of course be in trouble.

And obviously, keeping that man as manager is the most reckless decision of all.

• Moderation Lead

Yep- Shebby has been making the right noises apparently, saying that he has the power to sack Kean, but we've been here before with broken promises on several occasions.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Add to that the fact that it’s pretty much inevitable that we will see at least 2 departures between now and August 31st, with the likes of Martin Olsson & NZonzi looking for escape routes.

We also should receive around £4m for Junior once its settled, and if any of our other 1st team squad leave, they will all attract decent fees.

Yes, no doubt to be replaced by another couple of no mark freebies.

Venky's 'not too subtle' way of taking money out of the club.

What risk has been taken so far??

We have signed Best & Murphy on proper deals, where they will both be earning £30k+ a week according to reports + 4 unknown Portuguese for next to no initial cost, and more than likely very small wages.

But you have to remember a number of things:

The following have all left the wage bill: Hoilett, Yakubu, Sagado, Grella, Goulon, Zac Aley, James Knowles – so if anything we are probably saving on wages in terms of incomings vs outgoings

There is then the case of massive pay cuts for the whole/ majority squad of around 50% due to relegation clauses.

Add to that the fact that it’s pretty much inevitable that we will see at least 2 departures between now and August 31st, with the likes of Martin Olsson & NZonzi looking for escape routes.

We also should receive around £4m for Junior once its settled, and if any of our other 1st team squad leave, they will all attract decent fees.

Ok i know about the departures.That took place when we had income around £45m and almost same in expenditure.Do you really believe most of these will have accepted 50% cuts without wanting away? i doubt it very much.

By my reckoning wage bill could still be around 35m but our income is only around 16m parachute.Thats what i am saying -either we are gonna be losing upwards of £20m this year and leave ourselves with debt and no real assets to sell to pay it off OR we are going to witness a mass of departures which means no chance of going back up if we continue to bring in untried freebies.As signings go no probs with Murphy/Best but they are expensive but how feckin big is our playing staff now??

And how much will we have forked out in agents fees for these foreigners, especially if Rochina is the example of what happens ?

As for departures for big money-Hoillett could still end up being a small bit of compo and i don't see a massive slug of cash yet chasing Olsson/Nzonzi.

Agent_ITK on twitter saying Venkys interested in selling up, and interest in the club.

No idea on validity of this.

Time will tell , but I cannot understand why Venkys are still owning Rovers , they have little or no interest in it !

The mere fact that Kean is still the manager proves it ..

Time will tell , but I cannot understand why Venkys are still owning Rovers , they have little or no interest in it !

The mere fact that Kean is still the manager proves it ..

but do they own all the club ?????

• Backroom

Talking about gambling the future of the club united fans are up in arms over the glazers who have apparently changed their entire stance on debt / profits

Some interesting similarities http://andersred.blo...o-sir-alex.html

being the global institution that United is , whatever happens there will always be buyers from Arabs/Malaysian/Far East that pick the Club up and reignite its global appeal.

We don't have that and when the sun falls out of the sky for us we will only have a trail of debt, few assets and naff all brand worth talking about once these loons have finished with us. I fear it will all be beyond BRSIT etc etc and too far gone for the Ians to get investors in to bail us.

I do think we are on the edge with yet again 2 competing factions building up (Shebby v Agnew/Kean/Shaw) probably suggesting a family collision course is imminent again in Pune at some point soon.

I really , really fear a Pompey job here.The Club just isn't right at any level.

being the global institution that United is , whatever happens there will always be buyers from Arabs/Malaysian/Far East that pick the Club up and reignite its global appeal.

We don't have that and when the sun falls out of the sky for us we will only have a trail of debt, few assets and naff all brand worth talking about once these loons have finished with us. I fear it will all be beyond BRSIT etc etc and too far gone for the Ians to get investors in to bail us.

I do think we are on the edge with yet again 2 competing factions building up (Shebby v Agnew/Kean/Shaw) probably suggesting a family collision course is imminent again in Pune at some point soon.

I really , really fear a Pompey job here.The Club just isn't right at any level.

No, it isn't.

and that's my problem with Shebby. He'll be acclaimed when and if Kean is gone, but there are many better bets out there than Shebby Singh. Sacking Kean isn't going to make the club's future any safer with the current people running the show.

I too fear administration when the PL money has run out.

The only logical conclusion is that Kean is, and has been, doing exactly what the owners want. if he wasn't, he wouldn't have been given a bumper new contract when we were in the relegation zone and nor would he have survived Summer 2011 or Summer 2012 with his job intact. if anything, his position has been strengthened with Agnew's promotion.

Therefore, whatever the goals of the people who actually own us are, relegation was surely one of them. Why would some chicken farmers from some backwater provincial town in India give a toss about the footballing fortunes of a team from some random English town?

I don't know what their plan is, but, ultimately, Kean is in charge because he is doing what they want.

All this talk about family feuds...I think you have to be very gullible to keep swallowing that line.

The only logical conclusion is that Kean is, and has been, doing exactly what the owners want. if he wasn't, he wouldn't have been given a bumper new contract when we were in the relegation zone and nor would he have survived Summer 2011 or Summer 2012 with his job intact. if anything, his position has been strengthened with Agnew's promotion.

Therefore, whatever the goals of the people who actually own us are, relegation was surely one of them. Why would some chicken farmers from some backwater provincial town in India give a toss about the footballing fortunes of a team from some random English town?

I don't know what their plan is, but, ultimately, Kean is in charge because he is doing what they want.

All this talk about family feuds...I think you have to be very gullible to keep swallowing that line.

Its certainly appearing to look like that FLB.

snapback.pngFourLaneBlue, on 01 August 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Its certainly appearing to look like that FLB.

makes you wonder who the owners really are!

maybe coco is using us as a personal training ground to be the next SAF

snapback.pngFourLaneBlue, on 01 August 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

makes you wonder who the owners really are!

maybe coco is using us as a personal training ground to be the next SAF

Now very scared at our outlays, wage bill and the potential bid for rhodes at crazzee money for a league one player.Squad size is ridiculous and our overheads now put us in the very very red for danger zone.

If we don't get up this is implosion time and we will be very very fecked .The administrator from Pompey will be checking in at Stanley House anytime soon trying to persuade players to leave their salaries behind to save the Club.If we sign Tal Ben Haim its curtains!!

Board members knew money would be tight last summer – it was said behind the scenes that anything apart from relegation would be a massive success (due to our financial problems).

It was also said that there would be more scope, financially, to spend some cash this summer – remember we are not talking a big scale either way (ie, they are never going to spend big in Premier League terms).

If I am guessing, the more relaxed approach could have something to do with the change of banking arrangements – plus a realisation that a juicy new TV deal awaits if promotion can be achieved.

Archived