BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Tell Steve!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

32? In that case you know the square root of (Please don't use that word again) all about what you are in for. Suit yourself whether you heed that or not.

Enjoy your learning curve Hardly. ^_^

How old are you? 10?

What exactly is he in for? Is that a sexual reference, naughty!!

Here's the latest video, it's great to see you all talking about them, some people like them, others don't but you're all talking about it which is exactly what they are for!

http://www.brsit.co....-steve-library/

(As a side note, I used to work in the library, I wouldn't have been able to tell you the dewey decimal code for the section these guys are in though ;-) )

Here's the latest video, it's great to see you all talking about them, some people like them, others don't but you're all talking about it which is exactly what they are for!

(As a side note, I used to work in the library, I wouldn't have been able to tell you the dewey decimal code for the section these guys are in though ;-) )

Its not as good as the first one with the two ugly fat ladies in it.

Much as I like these adverts I still find it a somewhat distasteful when OAP's are being touted to donate their hard earned pennies not to save their local town club but effectively to pay the wages of 30k pw secong rate footballing journeymen, various Carlos Kickaballs and assorted hangers on.

Are these videos some kind of smoke screen to hide the fact that the wheels have come off with BRSIT?

Radio silence from them since 'datagate'. Even questions on Twitter go unanswered.

Perhaps at last WW et al have conceded that their pipe dream is and was always unworkable and have been looking for more credible alternatives elsewhere.

Are these videos some kind of smoke screen to hide the fact that the wheels have come off with BRSIT?

Radio silence from them since 'datagate'. Even questions on Twitter go unanswered.

Perhaps at last WW et al have conceded that their pipe dream is and was always unworkable and have been looking for more credible alternatives elsewhere.

Most of the team are on holiday, that's why it's "quiet". I use the term "quiet" in quotes like that because these videos have brought the highest amount of traffic to the site since we started.

@brsit_trust will you be giving an update on the amount of pledges received at some point?

As soon as we reach another milestone worth announcing with the pledges we'll let everyone know.

Another tasteless, humorless video and i must be really thick as i still don't get what "don't tell Steve" is supposed to mean(if anything), are these videos being made using money from donations?, hope not!

p.s. The only thing these videos have inspired me to do is un-follow brsit on twitter.

Most of the team are on holiday, that's why it's "quiet". I use the term "quiet" in quotes like that because these videos have brought the highest amount of traffic to the site since we started.

As soon as we reach another milestone worth announcing with the pledges we'll let everyone know.

I would unquote the quiet if I were you. The last news of any note on the website related to the rehashed statement regarding unsolicited emails, and that's from a month ago.

BTW, it may be worth spell checking the site.

i still don't get what "don't tell Steve" is supposed to mean(if anything)

It's a catchphrase. Short, snappy and designed to be re-quoted so as to improve the reach of BRSIT.

Have you ever used GoCompare, Hardly1980? Was it because of a love of opera?

On the face of it, a novel idea, good quality production and to the point.

It's a shame they aren't more embarrassing for the owners though - or their brand.

Not sure about the legalities of mocking the Venky brand image though. Perhaps SAR could provide the inside track on the law of restriction of trade and/or defamation.

It's a catchphrase. Short, snappy and designed to be re-quoted so as to improve the reach of BRSIT.

On the face of it, a novel idea, good quality production and to the point.

It's a shame they aren't more embarrassing for the owners though - or their brand.

Not sure about the legalities of mocking the Venky brand image though. Perhaps SAR could provide the inside track on the law of restriction of trade and/or defamation.

I think once you have tasted the brand your are entitled to give a personal opinion of the fare served up!

"Go Compare" sums up what their website is all about and its not the catchphrase alone that makes it work it the whole package and the website was around for years before the TV adverts started i used it regularly.

don't tell Steve what?, is my point, its just cheap rubbish(and not even funny rubbish).

• Backroom

I'm still intreagued as to how far along this now is, you'd think it has to be at least 25% to the target by now or it will never get close, I'm just not sure the target market is big enough and the man at the helm splits opinions too much which doesn't help.

You have to applaud any attempts to get people talking positvely though as the whole thing has stagnated since the debacle with the emails and the following 'explanation'

"Go Compare" sums up what their website is all about and its not the catchphrase alone that makes it work it the whole package and the website was around for years before the TV adverts started i used it regularly.

And Blackburn Rovers Supporters Independent Trust just isn't Ronseal enough for you?

I'm still intreagued as to how far along this now is, you'd think it has to be at least 25% to the target by now or it will never get close, I'm just not sure the target market is big enough and the man at the helm splits opinions too much which doesn't help.

You have to applaud any attempts to get people talking positvely though as the whole thing has stagnated since the debacle with the emails and the following 'explanation'

I think they would have to be 75% of the way there now if it has a chance of buying the club outright. I think this is something thatmay only happen after a buyout as a viable method.

Incidentally anyone heard anymore on the 2 Ian's bid? Seems to have gone very quiet on that front too.

I think they would have to be 75% of the way there now if it has a chance of buying the club outright. I think this is something thatmay only happen after a buyout as a viable method.

Incidentally anyone heard anymore on the 2 Ian's bid? Seems to have gone very quiet on that front too.

It does appear to have gone quiet on all takeover fronts, I too would be interested to know if any other parties still have an interest or they have given up?

• Backroom

It does appear to have gone quiet on all takeover fronts, I too would be interested to know if any other parties still have an interest or they have given up?

I think there would be a lot more noise from all parties if we heard hints the owners want rid but it just doesn't seem that way

Last I heard on the grapevine (a completely unofficial one) the invitation had been issued to talk about buying the club but no one in India had even responded. Rather difficult to take a next step and move forward when that happens I'd suggest.

Need to create a buzz campaign, I wouldnt send this link to any of my friends because I find the videos boring. They need to be funny or at least have an element of excitement to create a lasting impression. I hope nobody's money has been spent on these.

Archived