BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Tell Steve!

Need to create a buzz campaign, I wouldnt send this link to any of my friends because I find the videos boring. They need to be funny or at least have an element of excitement to create a lasting impression. I hope nobody's money has been spent on these.

i asked the same about where the moneys coming from for these dull shallow meaningless videos, funnily brsit dont answer questions like that though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tasteless, humorless video and i must be really thick as i still don't get what "don't tell Steve" is supposed to mean(if anything), are these videos being made using money from donations?, hope not

No, they were made by volunteers.

i asked the same about where the moneys coming from for these dull shallow meaningless videos, funnily brsit dont answer questions like that though.

It was a gesture from the media company who created them actually, one of whom is a big Blackburn fan and wanted to try to make a difference. Everything was done in these peoples spare time outside of work.

Tell me, whilst you sit feverently typing on your keyboard, what exactly are you doing to help? I bet you've bought a season ticket haven't you?

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the Simon Garner video.

I really think I'm missing something with these videos, are they meant to be funny? I assume Steve refers to Kean, but why ''Don't tell Steve?'' Kean doesn't own the club. Also why does everyone in the videos look like their up to no good? It makes it seem like pledging to the BRIST is borderline illegal.

Good production values though.

Just seen the Simon Garner video.

SG.....http://www.brsit.co....e-simon-garner/

These vids are just keeping the pot boiling imo. Lots of commercial catch phrases were not funny but continued public exposure made them almost part of everyday language, 'tell Sid' for one, 'refreshes the parts other beers cannot reach', just do it, vorsprung durch technik'. None of these mention the product but most people know what they are referring to. The way anybody who crosses swords with the odious little toerag disappear makes it quite apt too.

SG's reasons are sound enough and probably echo the fears of many of us..... http://www.brsit.co....e-simon-garner/.

imo this could easily be kept to the fore and especially if more local celebs were willing to take part. Duggie up next, Wayne Hemingway and Matt Smith would all raise the profile and keep the issue in the public eye.

Course the other option and in many cases the preferred one is for people to simply sit on their arses and criticise.

Archived