BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] McCartney

+1

Regardless of Paul McCartneys talent one way or another in the field of music, whether you like him or not, the relevant question is - how does that make him qualified to comment on the selection of the GB team for the olympics ?

Regardless of Steve Kean's talent one way or another in the field of football management, whether you like him or not, the relevant question is - how does that make you qualified to comment on events at BRFC ?

Matey, you don't have to be "qualified" to have opinions. Look at thenodrog - opinions on everything under the sun yet he knows next to nowt on nearly all of them.

Theno, you'll be delighted to know Macca is part of tonight's opening ceremony.

I know hes iconic for his work 40+ years ago, but he can no longer sing.

After the Springsteen Hyde Park concert a joke ran around that Macca should have been turned off years ago. Many a true word said in jest.

Last night was excruciatingly bad. He should know it's time to stop. Perhaps he can't help himself ?

After the Springsteen Hyde Park concert a joke ran around that Macca should have been turned off years ago. Many a true word said in jest.

Last night was excruciatingly bad. He should know it's time to stop. Perhaps he can't help himself ?

Seems Macca is still very popular with the residents of Oakside Nursing Home. No doubt most will be hard of hearing and I guess he'll smells the same as them nowadays.

Queen were always a bigger band for me (that's not gonna go down well), but I have to thank the fab four for the first feedback I've heard at the beginning of I feel fine. In defence of Gordon, every time Hey Jude starts I'm reminded the Beatles died in the wrong order.

Hey effin Jude rolled out yet again last night at the opening ceremony. Anybody know why?

Absolutely shocking wasn't he Paul? Such a shame that an absolutely marvellous show ended on such a poor note.

The only other downside was the inane drivel spouted by that Trevor Nelson on the BBC.

For me the Beatles And Mc Cartneys best work was never chart stuff..The White album ..full of some non chart stuff ranks as one of my favourite albums.together with other non chart stuff on their last few albums..Rocky Racoon and all of that....I Also have a Dvd of his Rockshow concert(Wings over america show)and the opening session and Song mix and guitar work of tracks from Venus And Mars and Band on the Run is excellent...The tacky love songs released to give the record producers what they want ,just aint all that MC cartney and Wings were about..The Beatles weekend in Liverpool every August bank holiday was and still is worth going to.(once full copy cat groups from all over the world in the Cavern and in other pubs and stages..but it nowadays its been diluted with other copy cat tribute stuff ..

.....The tacky love songs released to give the record producers what they want ,just aint all that MC cartney and Wings were about..

McCartney's reputation is such that he needs pay no attention to any record producer. Imo he just likes writing silly little ditties. I'd say they are probably a reflection of his personality.

...or maybe how love struck he was at the time with Lindy McCarthy compared to the misery to come later when he had to buy birthday presents like stockings and a pair of scissors....(..no Cow with wings jokes please)

For me the Beatles And Mc Cartneys best work was never chart stuff..

I was listening to some of his solo stuff yesterday. Bloody brilliant, and the influence on current music is so obvious.

He doesn't do his public image any good by always trotting out stuff like Hey Jude because it is very cringeworthy. But behind all that is a fantastic musician and songwriter.

I was listening to some of his solo stuff yesterday. Bloody brilliant, and the influence on current music is so obvious.

He doesn't do his public image any good by always trotting out stuff like Hey Jude because it is very cringeworthy. But behind all that is a fantastic musician and songwriter.

Swap is for was and you are closer. The problem to me is he's 30+ years past his best and cannot sing any more. To me it's not that cringeworthy to roll out Hey Jude (albeit it not really a relevant song), more is he the best we can offer as a nation now? Music is one of our biggest worldwide successes, we have much better than Macca as he is now.

...or maybe how love struck he was at the time with Lindy McCarthy compared to the misery to come later when he had to buy birthday presents like stockings and a pair of scissors....(..no Cow with wings jokes please)

Steak for tea was always my favourite

I think he even came out with an album that is sort of "classical" instrumental type music and people say it is good. But I think a lot of people rubberstamp his work, there's lots of Beatles fans, new generations of them. I think a lot of his recent work is good, very good, it's just that it's not always that great as his fans make it out to be.

This Ecce Cor Meum, http://www.allmusic.com/album/paul-mccartney-ecce-cor-meum-mw0000558096 , sort of like Classical by McCartney, they say it's good.

Cannot deny Macca`s influence on the music industry. The guy is & always will be a legend.......BUT do they have to wheel him out at every opportunity?

It seems evey time Britain has an event that will be broadcast around the world, they wheel out the same old faces. I bet the queen is bloody sick of the sight of him!

It may just be age but post the Beatles I can't think of a memorable (for me) song by McCartney and he certainly does have the ability to release some truly dire stuff. Mull of Kintyre and similar don't impress me much.

Sorry I think you're thinking of Shania Twain.

Archived