BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC Action Group Open Floor Meeting with Shebby Singh

Well when asked "Why is Kean still manager?" at the Fans Forum meeting with him last week, the answer given from Shebby was very clear. He has been asked/told (depending on your point of view) to review the performance of each employee from the time that he (Shebby) started at Rovers - which is were the "clear slate" comment came from.

I did say to 'gumboots' the answer probably wouldn't go down well, however nevertheless that was the answer given. I doubt you will hear a more honest opinion of the current situation from a high ranking club official (on the record), and would urge as many fans as possible to attend with an open mind.

Again, he was asked this more than one way and the answer came back the same each time...he stated that he did have the power to sack Kean without getting the nod from Mrs D. I was very surprised at this stance and asked him to confirm which he was more than happy to do.

Surely he can review Kean now? All he needs is a copy of last season's fixture list accompanied by a list of the results?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when asked "Why is Kean still manager?" at the Fans Forum meeting with him last week, the answer given from Shebby was very clear. He has been asked/told (depending on your point of view) to review the performance of each employee from the time that he (Shebby) started at Rovers - which is were the "clear slate" comment came from.

Well surely a couple of minutes in Kean's company is enough to tell him that Kean's performance will never be good enough. If not then the results so far in friendlies, even though they are friendlies, should be enough to confirm it, along with the lack of ST renewals which he must know are down to Kean, the antipathy shown towards Kean at the friendlies so far and the fact that some of our more talented players are asking to leave/refusing to sign new contracts etc. If he doesn't act now, does he not realise that it will be too late to bring fans back this season, that those who would have renewed like a shot if Kean were no longer there will grow increasingly unlikely to renew or even buy walk on tickets every week that goes by with Kean still at the helm. There is no clean slate from the majority of the fans - it has already gone too far. Suggest he reads the replies to stuart's truce suggestion. It isn't going to happen. How stupid is it then to continue to say "Give him a chance"? I gave him a better one than most did at the start and wanted him to succeed but I gave up at least 18 months ago. Even the most determinedly positive supporters like Hughesy agree he has to go. Just sack him. I'm sure you could find plenty of reasons, but if you're short of one, try the fact that he's now dragging the club's name through the courts if Allardyce pursues his claim and doesn't settle out of court. Venkys might be able to delay matters in the Indian courts but they will get a hearing here sooner rather than later.

Of course 47er, he reviewed him good and proper last season.

However, he's not here to review and sack SK, he's here to placate and distract the fans, by reading posts on here he seems to be performing said task very well.

Of course 47er, he reviewed him good and proper last season.

However, he's not here to review and sack SK, he's here to placate and distract the fans, by reading posts on here he seems to be performing said task very well.

Yep agree...he's a smooth talker appointed to create PR spin.

Well surely a couple of minutes in Kean's company is enough to tell him that Kean's performance will never be good enough. If not then the results so far in friendlies, even though they are friendlies, should be enough to confirm it, along with the lack of ST renewals which he must know are down to Kean, the antipathy shown towards Kean at the friendlies so far and the fact that some of our more talented players are asking to leave/refusing to sign new contracts etc. If he doesn't act now, does he not realise that it will be too late to bring fans back this season, that those who would have renewed like a shot if Kean were no longer there will grow increasingly unlikely to renew or even buy walk on tickets every week that goes by with Kean still at the helm. There is no clean slate from the majority of the fans - it has already gone too far. Suggest he reads the replies to stuart's truce suggestion. It isn't going to happen. How stupid is it then to continue to say "Give him a chance"? I gave him a better one than most did at the start and wanted him to succeed but I gave up at least 18 months ago. Even the most determinedly positive supporters like Hughesy agree he has to go. Just sack him. I'm sure you could find plenty of reasons, but if you're short of one, try the fact that he's now dragging the club's name through the courts if Allardyce pursues his claim and doesn't settle out of court. Venkys might be able to delay matters in the Indian courts but they will get a hearing here sooner rather than later.

I do not think anybody is asking to give kean or venkys a chance. But are with regards to Shebby Singh. He has told various people that he has the power to sack Kean. He has also said that for now his hands are tied, probable by venkys. The impression I get is venkys do not believe what kean has told them. But to make sure they have sent shebby on a fact finding thing. shebby Singh probable already knows that kean must be sacked. But having been told to make a judgement from this point onwards, that is all he can do. We all know the history of Keans record. But having probable been lied to by a certain agent, agent. They have chosen to send over somebody they trust to make the judgement. I strongly believe Kean will be sacked sooner rather than later. He is on borrowed time.

But the person asking for the chance is shebby singh - maybe he and he alone should be given it. Folk if they can, should go to the meeting and see what he says. The results on the pitch will tell him what he must do. Sack kean.

ask him:

"Why did you change your attitude to Coco as soon as you came on the Vinkys pay roll ?".

"When did your view about Coco change from that you spouted when you were a pudit (sic) ?".

"What would happen to your employment status if you critised Coco and/or the management team ?".

"Why does Coco lick his lips when on telly ?".

I do not think anybody is asking to give kean or venkys a chance. But are with regards to Shebby Singh. He has told various people that he has the power to sack Kean. He has also said that for now his hands are tied, probable by venkys. The impression I get is venkys do not believe what kean has told them. But to make sure they have sent shebby on a fact finding thing. shebby Singh probable already knows that kean must be sacked. But having been told to make a judgement from this point onwards, that is all he can do. We all know the history of Keans record. But having probable been lied to by a certain agent, agent. They have chosen to send over somebody they trust to make the judgement. I strongly believe Kean will be sacked sooner rather than later. He is on borrowed time.

But the person asking for the chance is shebby singh - maybe he and he alone should be given it. Folk if they can, should go to the meeting and see what he says. The results on the pitch will tell him what he must do. Sack kean.

But people are still reading this as Singh having been told to give Kean a chance. My point is that, even with singh, the chance must already have gone. If he knows now he's probably got to sack him in 6 weeks time, why not get rid now? If he can't, then anything else he says is not to be believed either. The difference it would make to the relationship with fans if he went now would be massive. would win Venkys a lot more goodwill than anything else they could do.

But people are still reading this as Singh having been told to give Kean a chance. My point is that, even with singh, the chance must already have gone. If he knows now he's probably got to sack him in 6 weeks time, why not get rid now? If he can't, then anything else he says is not to be believed either. The difference it would make to the relationship with fans if he went now would be massive. would win Venkys a lot more goodwill than anything else they could do.

Singh probable has been told he cannot sack kean yet. He probable wants to do so. He has probable been told to come into the club, forget what has been said, done etc in the past and to make a judgement from now. Yes sacking kean would be the right thing to do and also be a good way of winning fans over. Kean will be gone before the season ends. the problem is, who they appoint to replace him. Shebby will need a list of posible replacements very soon.

Surely he can review Kean now? All he needs is a copy of last season's fixture list accompanied by a list of the results?

and the results for the second half of 2010/2011. However I am only passing on what was said, and I did state originally that people probably wouldn't like the answer to the question.

don't shoot the messenger. I'm pretty sure he is aware of all these reasons why people aren't renewing, in their thousands - he has had a meeting with the FF and two (if I'm correct) with the BRFC Action Group so if the points haven't been rammed home by now, they never will.

Could someone ask him if he thought Paul Ince got enough time at Rovers?

Shebby in April 2011

"However, they are up against a Blackburn Rovers team that is struggling with an identity crisis.

Their recent results are showing that there is no real concept of playing style or identity and this puts more pressure on Steve Kean. The current situation is similar to Paul Ince’s time at the club"

Looks like Shebby has been shouting Kean Out longer than the Action Group.

not having a go at you - just pointing out the flawed logic. If he's rubbish, he's rubbish now and people won't come back even if he goes several weeks into the season.They'll have filled their time with other committments that they can't get out of or no longer want to get out of. You need people to start coming at the start of the season - fewer and fewer will come every week that goes by with Kean still in charge. If he can't see that and somehow persuade them of that and they supposedly trust him and have brought him in to tell them the truth, then you have to ask how much truth they want and what authority he really has. if he genuinely has the power to sack without reference to her, then i suggest he does it and faces the music afterwards. He had a career before: he will have one later. Perhaps he will no longer be the trusted friend of the Rao family but is that really such a bad thing compared to being a hero for 20000 football fans here in England and across the world?

don't shoot the messenger. I'm pretty sure he is aware of all these reasons why people aren't renewing, in their thousands - he has had a meeting with the FF and two (if I'm correct) with the BRFC Action Group so if the points haven't been rammed home by now, they never will.

I can only back Fernhurst Rover up here, we have met twice with Shebby and we have told him in no uncertain terms that people are staying away in thousands due to the manager and a change in the management would increase the season ticket sales instantly. He was at Accrington and he has spoken to supporters around the stadium and admitted to us that it is not 'simply a percentage' and that 'everyone' he speaks to is saying the same. He also told us that the Fans Forum had told him in no uncertain terms what we had told him too.

The bottom line is, as Fernhurst Rover said, Shebby has been asked a go with clean slate and to see how the new season begins before judging all employees and he has assured us all club employees are sackable and he has the power to do this.

Is this the answer we all want? no we all want instant action, of course.

Are we all being hoodwinked by Shebby? No, as i said to him, we have had the spin and the words for months now, the supporters want to see Action.

I do believe Shebby has been surprised by the depth of feeling from supporters and firmly believe that when Mr Kean and Mr Agnew where the people who liaised between Pune and Blackburn, certain negative stuff was not being brought to the owners attention, Shebby assures us he is being honest and open with the owners and is in daily contact with them.

Shebby Singh is fully aware of what action needs to be taken and he claims he has the power to take this action. Will he take this action? that is the key for me, until he does this then they are just words. Nobody is being fooled or sucked in by false promises here, we are just taking Shebby at face value, i take my hat off too him for giving us the kind of communication we have all craved over the last 2 years.

The BRFC Action Group was keen to get Shebby talking to ALL supporters and not just groups, as one of our key remits is that every supporter of the club is equal and deserves the same chance to judge Shebby themselves. I would urge as many people as possible to come down to the meeting and listen to Shebby and put your concerns to him, he is keen to be educated about the supporters and this is a unique opportunity for us all to do this.

If Shebby has the power to sack Kean without seeing Mrs. D. - and if he said it he has or he will be gone this week, then Keano's days are numbered.

I am still astounded that Kean is here in that case too. Kean in effect has been dumped as CEO of the club and surely must be counting (if he can count) the days down. Only he could stay under those circumstances.

I suspect the days of Voldemort are also numbered at the club. These last few signings look like a desperate last throw of the dice from the merry band of consultants who have led the Venky's along for the last 2 years. Trusted, they now aren't.

I think you are all doing Stevie a big disservice if you think just by meeting him Shebby would sack him.

Stevie MUST be one of the smoothest smoochers in town to a. get the job and b. keep it. He's cost the Venky's upwards of £40 million and he's still here. I have no idea where else this could happen.

Also don't think Steve won't get another job in football. I'll bet a grand he's back in football within 3 months. He's well connected, does just what he's told too, backs owners who are unbackable and sells and picks teams to their whim. Why get anyone else?

He might be back in a week and I suspect Voldemort already has some devious chairman lined up for the charm offensive.

Has anyone asked where the money's gone? It's certainly not going on transfer fees.

I can see the position Shebby is in. More than once in my corporate career I was prevented from sacking someone for a while at least because they either had a supporter above me or I was aksed to go through due process or to give them enough rope to hang themselves or some other platitude, even though we all knew they needed sacking and would be sacked eventually.

Shebby has left no doubt that if Kean isn't sacked it's because Shebby thinks he shouldn't be, so he has put his cock on the block. I'm warming to this guy

I don't buy this 'Kean made sure no bad news got to Pune' for a second.

We know for a fact Paul Hunt was making clear that he was unpopular and had to go and oh the results were fecking absymal.

They knew full well then, they know full well now, what's changed apart from Singh holding court in JW's office?

Nothings changed because Kean will oversee millions of pounds worth of outgoing transfers at the end of or after the domestic window shuts. Just like he has done the past 2 windows. He will take credit in venkys eyes for making these players worth those millions and bull###t them that he can continue to do so. That is one of the major reason he is and will remain their man :(

The response to this event has been huge and we have a lot of requests for tickets which are going very quickly

Could i please ask everyone who has asked to attend to email pressofficer@brfcactiongroup.co.uk, with the number of tickets you require and the name of the ticket holders. Numbers are limited to 500 and you will receive confirmation via email of your reservation and an E-ticket which must be produced on the day. A guest list will be at the door to ensure the room does not become over capacity

Nothings changed because Kean will oversee millions of pounds worth of outgoing transfers at the end of or after the domestic window shuts. Just like he has done the past 2 windows. He will take credit in venkys eyes for making these players worth those millions and bull###t them that he can continue to do so. That is one of the major reason he is and will remain their man :(

Kean doesnt bullshit Venkys he bullshits Blackburn fans havent you figured it out by now.

The response to this event has been huge and we have a lot of requests for tickets which are going very quickly

Could i please ask everyone who has asked to attend to email pressofficer@brfcactiongroup.co.uk, with the number of tickets you require and the name of the ticket holders. Numbers are limited to 500 and you will receive confirmation via email of your reservation and an E-ticket which must be produced on the day. A guest list will be at the door to ensure the room does not become over capacity

I know the thread title says open floor meeting but can you guarantee that there will be free speech or will there be written questions only which could be vetted.

Also who will chair the evening?

Thanks.

Anyone think meeting with Singh is utterly pointless, he is going to be bringing a lorry of BS with him and we will churn it up and carry on like as if he ###### strawberries!!

Nothing good will come of this unless a) kean gets the sack B) venkys sell up or announce plans to sell up!

With this in mind then I take it that you've not purchased a season ticket this season if so good man.

Correct. The plan is away games but i admit i will find it hard to stay away from ewood regularly, out of habit if nothing else.

Archived