BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Uneasy Truce

Nice try Stuart.....no point even reading the responses to know what the answer to this will be.

I too think it should be stopped, even if only for a short space like 5 or 6 games to see what happens....but no chance with our protestors. More interested in harming the team further, with the hope that Kean will finally get the boot! ;):excl:

Hughesy you were at home games last season where the fans really got behind the team and we put in some absolutely diabolical performances weren't you? How good the fans support is makes absolutely no difference at all in the face of such farcical management of the club and the team. We could all transform into a super mutation of all the best ultra groups from around the world, get thoroughly intoxicated pre-match, and produce a level of noise to rival a major earthquake. And then still have a very good chance of getting an insipid, unmotivated display of absolute tosh with a gum chewing, lip-licking moron planted on the touchline, and the 3 unwise morons sat in the Jack Walker Stand draped in giant coats with the vacant expression of some escaped mental patients.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice try Stuart.....no point even reading the responses to know what the answer to this will be.

I too think it should be stopped, even if only for a short space like 5 or 6 games to see what happens....but no chance with our protestors. I wish they would just call a truce and stay away, rather than come down and create a bad/ negative atmosphere, which only hurts the team/ club more - regardless of Keans situation ....let the fans who choose to go, support there team.

confused.com supporting the team and not supporting coco are 2 seperate issues

I say increase the demonstrations and pressure.

When the protests were dropped last season for a few games the players and results were even more s**t than usual so don't come out with that codswollop that it effects the overpaid nancy boy players.

Eff that. The protests have to remain. From the very first moment that Rovers step out against Ipswich the Kean Out chants should resume. Does it benefit the team? Probably not, but if means that it leads to Kean's removal when the results inevitable start to go down hill, then it's in the best interests of the club in the long term. Any relaxing of the protests, will be spun by Kean and Agnew that the fans are behind them and buy this cretin more time. The crowds are going to be down as it is, so anyone who does go should let their feelings be known.

Everyone at the club knows how the fans feel towards Kean - and by extension Venkys (due to their support of Kean) - no prizes for stating the obvious.

In a "King Solomon" moment whereby I assume the part of the baby's real mother, a suggestion:

Shebby is having meetings with the fans and must be receiving the message loud, clear and consistently from all quarters.

Provided Shebby is made aware of the fans 'willingness' to call a truce for the good of Blackburn Rovers, is it time to, temporarily, STOP the matchday Kean Out / Venkys Out chants?

Call it a deal with Shebby. Provided he does the necessary after five games, we will support the team only - giving Kean no excuses for failure, making it will be all down to him.

After the five games, it's business as usual - until Shebby keeps his end of the bargain.

We simply can't go on like we are - for the sake of the club. Maybe it's time to stop trying to cut the child in half?

A truce would be screwed if the impossible happened, such as 5 straight wins.

I see where you are coming from. Man U for example have their own issues with their owners - but not the manager. They have more or less given up the in match chants against the owners - but continue to wear the green & yellow scarves etc.

I do not think a truce is possible - but a compromise maybe. Such as during the match, stop the kean out chants. After all the message has been put across. Folk can still wear the yellow tops etc.

Kean is such a pathetic manager that what happens on the pitch, during the first 5 games, will show shebby singh that Kean should go. There is dialouge going on with supporters and Shebby Singh - he has said that 'for now his hands are tied'. Maybe that is the first five matches. He needs to know that Kean will never be accepted by supporters, no matter how many matches. There is nothing to lose by holding back for the first five matches and let what happens on the pitch tell the story.

Neither Venkys or kean deserve another chance by supporters. But Shebby Singh at the moment has done nothing wrong. He has had more dialogue with supporters during the past few weeks than either venkys or kean have done ever since they have been at the club. So maybe he and he alone deserves that chance - lets see what power / influence he has. Whats five matches in light of the whole story.

A truce would be screwed if the impossible happened, such as 5 straight wins.

I see where you are coming from. Man U for example have their own issues with their owners - but not the manager. They have more or less given up the in match chants against the owners - but continue to wear the green & yellow scarves etc.

I do not think a truce is possible - but a compromise maybe. Such as during the match, stop the kean out chants. After all the message has been put across. Folk can still wear the yellow tops etc.

Kean is such a pathetic manager that what happens on the pitch, during the first 5 games, will show shebby singh that Kean should go. There is dialouge going on with supporters and Shebby Singh - he has said that 'for now his hands are tied'. Maybe that is the first five matches. He needs to know that Kean will never be accepted by supporters, no matter how many matches. There is nothing to lose by holding back for the first five matches and let what happens on the pitch tell the story.

Neither Venkys or kean deserve another chance by supporters. But Shebby Singh at the moment has done nothing wrong. He has had more dialogue with supporters during the past few weeks than either venkys or kean have done ever since they have been at the club. So maybe he and he alone deserves that chance - lets see what power / influence he has. Whats five matches in light of the whole story.

The difference with Manu is they have a manager!

Shebby Singh - he has said that 'for now his hands are tied'. Maybe that is the first five matches. He needs to know that Kean will never be accepted by supporters, no matter how many matches. There is nothing to lose by holding back for the first five matches and let what happens on the pitch tell the story.

We all know what will happen on the pitch. Singh will see that. If the fans continue to show how much they detest his presence at the club by chanting for his removal, Singh may feel that he has to act sooner. Whatever expediates Kean's removal from our club is fine by me.

get him out with maximum pressure

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for that.

But the crunch question is will it work?

Clue: it hasn't so far...

no chance with our protestors.

You say that but I reckon the "organised protesters" would be most likely to abstain and give Shebby and Kean the rope.

Damned if you do ,damned if you don`t,Stuart your right, but everyone that disagrees with you is also right. We are completely dysfunctional as a club, and every single person knows what it will take to start everyone pulling together again.

Even when he eventually goes, nothing will change because all the attention will then shift to Venkys.

We had the same sentiments last summer. Lay off him and give him a[nother] chance.

Yep, give him six games,give him till November,January transfer window.......didn't we do well folks!

Are you trying to suggest that protestors are no longer welcome at Ewood Hughsey?...are the Appeasers on he march down Ewood way?

However, not all protesters are on here therefore you'd still get protests from some inside the ground. since many former ST holders won't be there this will fo course be a very small number and will give credence to the 1% that so angered fans last year. Anyway you telling abbey he's not allowed to protest or shout anti-Kean chants? :)

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for that.

But the crunch question is will it work?

Clue: it hasn't so far...

You say that but I reckon the "organised protesters" would be most likely to abstain and give Shebby and Kean the rope.

another clue for you, did pacifying work in 1939

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pause] — shame on you. Fool me — [pause] — You can't get fooled again

Stuart, if you want to call a truce for 5 games, then what is your criteria for success / failure?

10 points/ 4 wins / 2 points?

You would need someone (shebby) publicly to agree to a set criteria, and see through the action on this.

Imagine if the criteria was reached / failed because of dodgy refereeing decisions, what would happen then?

It's just unworkable IMO, as there's no way Singh will agree to this. If he did, then Keans position is untenable anyway, as he wouldn't have the full backing of his bosses.

Stuart, if you want to call a truce for 5 games, then what is your criteria for success / failure?

10 points/ 4 wins / 2 points?

You would need someone (shebby) publicly to agree to a set criteria, and see through the action on this.

Imagine if the criteria was reached / failed because of dodgy refereeing decisions, what would happen then?

It's just unworkable IMO, as there's no way Singh will agree to this. If he did, then Keans position is untenable anyway, as he wouldn't have the full backing of his bosses.

The criteria is either the number of times we manage to get into the opposition box; or the number of glasses of red wine supped after a game.

Do I want "Kean Out" chants to stop = YES

Do I want "Kean Out" = YES

Must be a solution to this problem somewhere?

Sitting in my silent bubble football watching at Rochdale I realise that the chants behind me of "Kean Out" do nothing for team morale, but pretty much everyone in football knows that the only way to improve the situation is to replace the manager. The atmosphere will never be any different, if a goal goes in against us I know my reaction on auto-pilot "Kean Out".

What is a success for Steve Kean now 5 matches in the Championship with a squad he claims is better than the Premier League one of last season, if he was manager of Manchester United for the opening 5 matches of their Premier League campaign would their fans accept 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats? In effect one of the poorest managers in our history now has the easiest opportunity for a lifetime to get off to a 5 out of 5 start, yet I still can't imagine it working out that way.

You'll probably have less Kean out chants when the league starts because of the non renewers.

You highlight something I find interesting - people who say they aren't renewing to get Kean out - and those that say they will always chant Kean out no matter the consequences for the team. Surely if chanting "Kean out" at every opportunity was the way to get rid of him - why are people not renewing - as this gives them the best opportunity to constantly chant against him ?

Personally don't think we can win - but continuing to chant "Kean Out" will just give him yet another excuse - and everyone knows he is the master of spin.

• Backroom

Alternatively, not chanting "Kean Out" also gives him an excuse to say the fans are now behind him.

He can spin it any way he wants. It's an impossible situation.

I'm not going to be at Ewood this season but I'd be very disappointed if the Kean Out chants stopped. People are falling into the same trap as last season, believing that with Kean as manager we might actually win games and do well. We will need a lot more than a 'good atmosphere' to overcome the handicap of having Steve Kean as our manager, therefore a truce is essentially pointless.

You highlight something I find interesting - people who say they aren't renewing to get Kean out - and those that say they will always chant Kean out no matter the consequences for the team. Surely if chanting "Kean out" at every opportunity was the way to get rid of him - why are people not renewing - as this gives them the best opportunity to constantly chant against him ?

Personally don't think we can win - but continuing to chant "Kean Out" will just give him yet another excuse - and everyone knows he is the master of spin.

#

Just because they are not renewing does not mean they will not be in the ground, how is chanting coco out giving him an excuse?

stop defending the indefensible

Archived