BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Uneasy Truce

Everyone at the club knows how the fans feel towards Kean - and by extension Venkys (due to their support of Kean) - no prizes for stating the obvious.

In a "King Solomon" moment whereby I assume the part of the baby's real mother, a suggestion:

Shebby is having meetings with the fans and must be receiving the message loud, clear and consistently from all quarters.

Provided Shebby is made aware of the fans 'willingness' to call a truce for the good of Blackburn Rovers, is it time to, temporarily, STOP the matchday Kean Out / Venkys Out chants?

Call it a deal with Shebby. Provided he does the necessary after five games, we will support the team only - giving Kean no excuses for failure, making it will be all down to him.

After the five games, it's business as usual - until Shebby keeps his end of the bargain.

We simply can't go on like we are - for the sake of the club. Maybe it's time to stop trying to cut the child in half?

Is it bollux

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You highlight something I find interesting - people who say they aren't renewing to get Kean out - and those that say they will always chant Kean out no matter the consequences for the team. Surely if chanting "Kean out" at every opportunity was the way to get rid of him - why are people not renewing - as this gives them the best opportunity to constantly chant against him ?

Personally don't think we can win - but continuing to chant "Kean Out" will just give him yet another excuse - and everyone knows he is the master of spin.

Chanting/protesting didn't work last season, it would have worked at any other club but Rovers isn't a normal club. The only other choice left is to boycott the club, though this probably won't work as people will still attend e.g. Hughesy et al. If the stadium was completely empty every game then I have no doubt he would go, even a master of spin can't spin that he still has the 'majority of support.'

If there isn't a consensus way of moving forward then it's down to each individual what they want to do. I'm happy knowing that not a single penny of my money is going towards funding a badly run club that treats it's fans like dirt and is not going towards paying the salary of the manager.

Nice try Stuart.....no point even reading the responses to know what the answer to this will be.

I too think it should be stopped, even if only for a short space like 5 or 6 games to see what happens....but no chance with our protestors. I wish they would just call a truce and stay away, rather than come down and create a bad/ negative atmosphere, which only hurts the team/ club more - regardless of Keans situation ....let the fans who choose to go, support there team.

JHC your a right judas and your lack of memory is barmy! You need to goto Alzheimer's dot com as you've completely forgot what's gone before and it's only about 60 days since you was promoting anarchy... NOWTS changed can't you grasp it?

Has anybody noticed Coco's latest tactic to make himself unsackable? He is filling the squad with Portuguese speaking players that only he can comunicate with. He never gives up does he?

Thing is we stop the anti kean stuff you know he will spin it in his favour. " All the fans are on board now. They are all behind me and the players. They can see what we are trying to do."

No thanks i dont want to give him that chance...

This.

I can actually see him repeating this very quote should the chanting stop even for 1 game.

I feel ill at the thought of negotiating with this charlatan Singh over the level of fan protest. This 'clean slate' nonsense is nothing but tired spin emanating from a poisoned source.

I despise Kean. I want him gone. The team could win 5 out of 5 (impossible of course) with this moron at the notional helm and I would still be clamouring for his removal. There is no positive future with him in charge and therefore an embargo on calls for his sacking is entirely pointless.

Nice try Stuart.....no point even reading the responses to know what the answer to this will be.

I too think it should be stopped, even if only for a short space like 5 or 6 games to see what happens....but no chance with our protestors. I wish they would just call a truce and stay away, rather than come down and create a bad/ negative atmosphere, which only hurts the team/ club more - regardless of Keans situation ....let the fans who choose to go, support there team.

Just a note on this last season we won 8 league matches, 6 of these were at home. Maybe I'm missing something but for me the atmosphere during the early Kean Out protests was fantastic, the players really responded against Arsenal and Swansea. Can players really tell the difference between "Barmy Army" and "Barmy Army... Kean Out"? In some ways I've never heard Ewood as loud since the 1994/95 season although its obviously for the wrong reasons. Everyone always says that one man is not more important than a team, we are the only example of a football club that believes in the opposite. Fans don't know what to do, stay away, protest or shout Ra Ra Rovers and believe in fairy stories in the hope that everything improves... its a ridiculous situation.

#

Just because they are not renewing does not mean they will not be in the ground, how is chanting coco out giving him an excuse?

stop defending the indefensible

Why is it defending the indefensible - I am just pointing out something fairly obvious - Kean will spin the "Kean Out" chants in his favour if we have a poor start - he did it last a season and will again this coming season I am sure,

• Moderation Lead

Everyone at the club knows how the fans feel towards Kean - and by extension Venkys (due to their support of Kean) - no prizes for stating the obvious.

In a "King Solomon" moment whereby I assume the part of the baby's real mother, a suggestion:

Shebby is having meetings with the fans and must be receiving the message loud, clear and consistently from all quarters.

Provided Shebby is made aware of the fans 'willingness' to call a truce for the good of Blackburn Rovers, is it time to, temporarily, STOP the matchday Kean Out / Venkys Out chants?

Call it a deal with Shebby. Provided he does the necessary after five games, we will support the team only - giving Kean no excuses for failure, making it will be all down to him.

After the five games, it's business as usual - until Shebby keeps his end of the bargain.

We simply can't go on like we are - for the sake of the club. Maybe it's time to stop trying to cut the child in half?

In short (Please don't use that word again) no.

Why is it defending the indefensible - I am just pointing out something fairly obvious - Kean will spin the "Kean Out" chants in his favour if we have a poor start - he did it last a season and will again this coming season I am sure,

This season though there is a major difference.

Kean will not be the one reporting back to Pune, Shebby will and hopefully he will report the true depth of feeling against Kean.

confused.com supporting the team and not supporting coco are 2 seperate issues

But that's 1 of my points, the fans are more interested in trying to sing about Kean/ Venkys/ Agnew or Chicken than sing Rovers songs to try and push the players on.

The only other thing that could maybe be an option and that would probably be embraced by more would be a co-ordinated Kean out session, say from a certain time in the game?? Maybe 1 minute for every season we were in the league until he got us relegated, and in that time only, he gets the full force of the fans against him? Before and after that the fans give 100% backing to the players

Do I want "Kean Out" chants to stop = YES

Do I want "Kean Out" = YES

Must be a solution to this problem somewhere?

Sitting in my silent bubble football watching at Rochdale I realise that the chants behind me of "Kean Out" do nothing for team morale, but pretty much everyone in football knows that the only way to improve the situation is to replace the manager. The atmosphere will never be any different, if a goal goes in against us I know my reaction on auto-pilot "Kean Out".

And sitting across Spotland from you, Tom; what I learned on Wednesday night is that the chants, particularly on a ground like that for a pre-season match win us no sympathy with opposition fans.

Now some may say, "So what?"; but if, God forbid, we ever get to where Portsmouth are, then we'll need as much support from fans of other clubs. Look at the financial and moral support Darlington got last season; I'm not sure we'd get as much if we were in the mire.

You highlight something I find interesting - people who say they aren't renewing to get Kean out - and those that say they will always chant Kean out no matter the consequences for the team. Surely if chanting "Kean out" at every opportunity was the way to get rid of him - why are people not renewing - as this gives them the best opportunity to constantly chant against him ?

Excellent point! Anyone who goes to Ewood is supporting the regime! Anyone who isn't at Ewood chanting Kean Out is supporting the regime!

The pressure must be maintained.

What pressure ffs? If the chanting on globally-televised live premiership games had no effect, chanting by half as many fans in a half empty ground where the only press is Cryer will definitely scare the bejesus out of them in Pune.

The only pressure is the representations made to the governing bodies

Stuart, if you want to call a truce for 5 games, then what is your criteria for success / failure?

10 points/ 4 wins / 2 points?

You would need someone (shebby) publicly to agree to a set criteria, and see through the action on this.

Imagine if the criteria was reached / failed because of dodgy refereeing decisions, what would happen then?

It's just unworkable IMO, as there's no way Singh will agree to this. If he did, then Keans position is untenable anyway, as he wouldn't have the full backing of his bosses.

Good questions Baz.

I'm not sure I've got an answer but surely we have to give new people a chance to let us down? Shebby, Hendry?

If Shebby doesn't have the power to do anything yet wants people to think he has, let's call his bluff. If we are so convinced Kean is going to take us down or whatever then what are we worried about? That he will succeed? Well if he succeeds it's good for Blackburn Rovers, isn't it? If he fails, then we've put Shebby well and truly on the spot.

If he gets off to a bad start - it will be obvious. At which point Shebby must act. If he doesn't then he has no power or is just like all of the rest of the line-toe-ers. But I think we have to give him the opportunity to stand up to his words.

As for how many games, then I've not idea. If we use the arbitrary 5 games mentioned (by someone) that's 15 points available - and I don't believe we have an awful start. Anything less than 9 points from those games and I'd call it a bad start. However you are right, it's abritrary - some could say 12 points or 5 points. We're all different.

For the record, I'm as sceptical as anyone of Shebby but if we do get off to a bad start, I don't want anyone - least of all our own fans - to be able to say "Well it's the fans fault they are creating a bad atmosphere and are just as culpable as Kean".

Let me be quite clear too. I will NEVER support Steve Kean - ever (despite the "well you've bought a season ticket so be default you do - yadayada"). But if he is able to get Blackburn Rovers to win enough games to get us promotion then that's got to be good, hasn't it? He will NOT be here for EVER (although it may feel like it) and when he does go I want us to not be in the position Portsmouth are in.

And sitting across Spotland from you, Tom; what I learned on Wednesday night is that the chants, particularly on a ground like that for a pre-season match win us no sympathy with opposition fans.

Now some may say, "So what?"; but if, God forbid, we ever get to where Portsmouth are, then we'll need as much support from fans of other clubs. Look at the financial and moral support Darlington got last season; I'm not sure we'd get as much if we were in the mire.

Maybe but are fans ever well educated on other clubs affairs, I haven't seen Coventry getting much support from fans of other clubs in their situation. If a few Rochdale fans have asked themselves why are Rovers fans chanting that and gone home and researched it surely that will be a "positive". Sure Darlington may have had moral support but where are they now, hopefully that club will recover but its a hell of a long road back.

My overall view is these chants won't help but they are understandable, despite talks of a truce here or people not attending my guess is they will continue to be heard. What this means for the team is surely how the players respond, if the owners are here to stay then surely the concession of a replacement manager isn't too much to ask for.

The only pressure is the representations made to the governing bodies

I agree but the trouble is, if they've done nothing wrong apart from being incompetent then what can the governing bodies do? There is NO proof of anything illegal, is there?

It's a shame we can't get them for neglegence...

Basically the target set by kean and shabby is to bounce back straight away.their doesnt seem to be any doubt in their minds that this wont happen.

For this to happen its proven that a team needs to average at least 2 points a game. If we have less than 10 points after 5 games he is not hitting the target he set himself and shabby should act.

Sorry i forgot.. thats to logical for these men

Meaning what exactly ?

IF there has been any shenanigans then having official bodies snooping around their affairs is real pressure imo - they are a public quoted company and that kind of thing can spiral out of control for them. If there hasn't, then nothing will make any difference until they get bored or have bled it dry or get permission to abort from the glasgow mafia superagent real owner or whatever.

Personally I like stuart's proposal because it does actually put some pressure on Shebby to do something if we are cack after 5 games as it takes away a Kean excuse. If we are top with 15 points then a) he won't be sacked anyway and B) the protestors will be ridiculed by the rest of the football world so I can't see the downside myself.

Archived