BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Uneasy Truce

Good questions Baz.

I'm not sure I've got an answer but surely we have to give new people a chance to let us down? Shebby, Hendry?

If Shebby doesn't have the power to do anything yet wants people to think he has, let's call his bluff. If we are so convinced Kean is going to take us down or whatever then what are we worried about? That he will succeed? Well if he succeeds it's good for Blackburn Rovers, isn't it? If he fails, then we've put Shebby well and truly on the spot.

If he gets off to a bad start - it will be obvious. At which point Shebby must act. If he doesn't then he has no power or is just like all of the rest of the line-toe-ers. But I think we have to give him the opportunity to stand up to his words.

As for how many games, then I've not idea. If we use the arbitrary 5 games mentioned (by someone) that's 15 points available - and I don't believe we have an awful start. Anything less than 9 points from those games and I'd call it a bad start. However you are right, it's abritrary - some could say 12 points or 5 points. We're all different.

For the record, I'm as sceptical as anyone of Shebby but if we do get off to a bad start, I don't want anyone - least of all our own fans - to be able to say "Well it's the fans fault they are creating a bad atmosphere and are just as culpable as Kean".

Let me be quite clear too. I will NEVER support Steve Kean - ever (despite the "well you've bought a season ticket so be default you do - yadayada"). But if he is able to get Blackburn Rovers to win enough games to get us promotion then that's got to be good, hasn't it? He will NOT be here for EVER (although it may feel like it) and when he does go I want us to not be in the position Portsmouth are in.

NO It's been said before that if we relent for 1 match Coco will spin it that he has been accepted. Just carry on happy clapping with Hughsey and leave the rest of us alone.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the saddest thing - I used to find the atmosphere in the DE positive and a major plus point when going to Ewood. I now find that the constant negativity and "Kean Out" chants as one reason for not going - I just don't enjoy the atmosphere at the ground any more.

The Raos could change that at any moment they liked. It's in their power to rectify all this bad feeling and loss of fans, but they wont do it. They are getting reactions to problems only they created. On their head be it.

The Raos could change that at any moment they liked. It's in their power to rectify all this bad feeling and loss of fans, but they wont do it. They are getting reactions to problems only they created. On their head be it.

It's a matter of losing face for them. They will not be seen to bow to pressure from low 'caste' peasants like us.

For me the saddest thing - I used to find the atmosphere in the DE positive and a major plus point when going to Ewood. I now find that the constant negativity and "Kean Out" chants as one reason for not going - I just don't enjoy the atmosphere at the ground any more.

Go somewhere else then, you old misery. You whine like a dog with its testes stuck inside a landmine.

They already know. Chant or no chant.

All i'm saying is, for this five games that Shebby has apparently suggested, we remove the excuse "it's the fans' fault for being negative" and let Kean take all the blame for the results.

I fully appreciate we've been here before but not with Shebby supposedly on side.

We get to watch Kean hang himself and/or find out what Shebby is really capable of.

5 games.

Nope, Shebby has to know the depth of feeling from the fans from minute one of the first home game of the season. That under no circumstances are we going to be taken for a ride any longer by an incompetent, lying, ######-artist. Singh needs to know exactly how untenable Kean's position is - immediately.

Everyone should be singing Kean Out loud 'n' proud until he's gone - no truce, no excuses, no let-up.

Nope, Shebby has to know the depth of feeling from the fans from minute one of the first home game of the season. That under no circumstances are we going to be taken for a ride any longer by an incompetent, lying, ######-artist. Singh needs to know exactly how untenable Kean's position is - immediately.

Everyone should be singing Kean Out loud 'n' proud until he's gone - no truce, no excuses, no let-up.

Bang on that pal!!!

They already know. Chant or no chant.

All i'm saying is, for this five games that Shebby has apparently suggested, we remove the excuse "it's the fans' fault for being negative" and let Kean take all the blame for the results.

I fully appreciate we've been here before but not with Shebby supposedly on side.

We get to watch Kean hang himself and/or find out what Shebby is really capable of.

5 games.

Shebby is a PR man, brought into replace Agnew. He is also the man who slagged Kean and then changed his mind. Why on earth would you believe him when he says Kean has got 5 games. It's called buying time. 5 games will pass by, we might win a couple of games, he'll then get ten games etc etc. The time to call a truce is when Kean is sacked for being incompetent.

Are some people delusional enough to think that Kean and Venkys would not use any kind of whishy washy namby pamby truce to dig their heels in further and claim its only a minority of fans who are upset?

Get bloody real. Like the people of Egypt and Syria (on a minuscule level in comparison before anyone gets hysterical about the link) we must continue to protest at every given opportunity until the scum are removed.

NO It's been said before that if we relent for 1 match Coco will spin it that he has been accepted. Just carry on happy clapping with Hughsey and leave the rest of us alone.

You think I'm a Rovers Fan? Do you actually read my posts?

Shebby is a PR man, brought into replace Agnew. He is also the man who slagged Kean and then changed his mind. Why on earth would you believe him when he says Kean has got 5 games. It's called buying time. 5 games will pass by, we might win a couple of games, he'll then get ten games etc etc. The time to call a truce is when Kean is sacked for being incompetent.

Where did I say I believed him? ;)

This is about calling his bluff...

Three final points.

1] Fans have every right to make their feelings known.

2] The Raos, Anderson, the media and Kean have done everything they can to deny them that right.

3] Take no notice of any of them and say what you want.

Three final points.

1] Fans have every right to make their feelings known.

2] The Raos, Anderson, the media and Kean have done everything they can to deny them that right.

3] Take no notice of any of them and say what you want.

So carry on banging your head against the wall.

Fair enough, that's your prerogative.

We all know what will happen on the pitch. Singh will see that. If the fans continue to show how much they detest his presence at the club by chanting for his removal, Singh may feel that he has to act sooner. Whatever expediates Kean's removal from our club is fine by me.

How many times do people need to be told. He cannot act sooner, even if he wanted to. so may as well the 5 or so matches. Then see what happens.

Alternatively, not chanting "Kean Out" also gives him an excuse to say the fans are now behind him.

He can spin it any way he wants. It's an impossible situation.

I'm not going to be at Ewood this season but I'd be very disappointed if the Kean Out chants stopped. People are falling into the same trap as last season, believing that with Kean as manager we might actually win games and do well. We will need a lot more than a 'good atmosphere' to overcome the handicap of having Steve Kean as our manager, therefore a truce is essentially pointless.

I do not recall anybody on here saying such things, quite the opposite.

So carry on banging your head against the wall.

Fair enough, that's your prerogative.

It's called letting the powers that be, know what you think. Apart from anything else Stuart, fans will have their say. You stand up to them next time they start chanting and tell them to stop. See what happens.

Where has he said he has chnged his mind about Kean. I do not recall reading that anywhere. what we have been told that at the moment his hands are tied - meaning he is not permitted to change things yet. That is different than having a different view point.

Shebby Singh has asked for the chance, not kean.

Are we going to have a sellout for the first match of the season?

I wonder because the amount on here saying they will chant kean out from start to finish of a match appear to be the same ones who are going to boycott matches. Just wondering how somebody can advocate chanting kean out at matches, when they won't be there themselves.

Or are people going to gather outside the jack Walker stand during matches and chant from there. So what is the plan? If folk are boycotting, where are they going to chant Kean out from?

Go somewhere else then, you old misery. You whine like a dog with its testes stuck inside a landmine.

Thats totally uncalled for. 7 or 8 posts in and already your throwing insults around. Not a good start imo

• Backroom

It's implied plenty of times. Why would you propose a truce if you did not think it would lead to an upturn in results? It's just another way of saying the fans are partially to blame for the team's poor performance. Nothing could be further from the truth, every inch of blame rests on the head of Kean and the Raos.

To be fair i can see both sides of the argument.

Call a truce (but NOT a clean slate) and watch Kean crash and burn over a number of games (say 5) with no where to hide, forcing Shebby into a situation whereby he will either be proven correct by sacking Kean or basically a lying Venkys yes man who can do nothing by not sacking/backing Kean.

or

Continue with the Kean out chants/protests and let everyone know that we still do not support this man in anyway shape or form. Shebby, will then be under no illusions as to how the fans feel from the word go and again will be under pressure to live up to his word by sacking Kean.

The downside of a truce is that it could be seen as backing Kean, which is not the case, however the downside of continued chanting/protests is that Kean (The master of lies) could use it against us by saying its a reason for poor form.

To be honest, the chances of a truce from all fans would be unlikely, i don't think there is a Rovers fan in the world that supports him. Venting your anger at him after poor performances is just natural.

It's called letting the powers that be, know what you think.

Even though they already know? Or do you really believe they don't know the level of feeling?

Apart from anything else Stuart, fans will have their say. You stand up to them next time they start chanting and tell them to stop. See what happens.

Quite. But it's not about telling them to stop. They won't listen.

It's about them realising it's pointless.

5 games to smoke out Shebby is all I'm suggesting.

To be fair i can see both sides of the argument.

Call a truce (but NOT a clean slate) and watch Kean crash and burn over a number of games (say 5) with no where to hide, forcing Shebby into a situation whereby he will either be proven correct by sacking Kean or basically a lying Venkys yes man who can do nothing by not sacking/backing Kean.

or

Continue with the Kean out chants/protests and let everyone know that we still do not support this man in anyway shape or form. Shebby, will then be under no illusions as to how the fans feel from the word go and again will be under pressure to live up to his word by sacking Kean.

The downside of a truce is that it could be seen as backing Kean, which is not the case, however the downside of continued chanting/protests is that Kean (The master of lies) could use it against us by saying its a reason for poor form.

To be honest, the chances of a truce from all fans would be unlikely, i don't think there is a Rovers fan in the world that supports him. Venting your anger at him after poor performances is just natural.

A superb summary of the dilemma that is tearing apart the fan base.

You think I'm a Rovers Fan? Do you actually read my posts?

Now you come to mention it they are beginning to get repetitious and boring so you could be right. However you are suggesting giving him ammunition by a period of happy clapping.

How many times do people need to be told. He cannot act sooner, even if he wanted to. so may as well the 5 or so matches. Then see what happens.

well there has been 4 matches already and we have lost 3 of them.

Now you come to mention it they are beginning to get repetitious and boring so you could be right. However you are suggesting giving him ammunition by a period of happy clapping.

Ah but there's the rub. I'm suggesting we give him the ammunition to shoot himself.

Poor jibe by the way but good try. :tu:

If abuse for Kean is not abuse for the team, why is support for the team deemed as support for Kean?

Haha. Quality post! :tu: :tu:

It's a shame we can't find a chant which gets behind the team but to the exclusion of Kean though.

Ah but there's the rub. I'm suggesting we give him the ammunition to shoot himself.

Poor jibe by the way but good try. :tu:

Is there an echo in here or have I heard that before somewhere?

Poor reply you made but a good try. :glare:

Archived