BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] An Uneasy Truce

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will have excuses lined up anyway regardless of what fans do......if there is none that are apparent he will just openly lie about things, like when he said he was looking forward to our match against Wolves in March because of our record against other teams down the bottom (we had the worst record out of the bottom 5 teams with 5 points compared to I think QPR and Bolton with 12)......so that isn't a reason not to protest in my eyes.

He will say whatever he can to stay in the one managerial job he will ever get.....if nobody protests then he will say the fans are all behind him.....if we still aren't winning he'll say last time we spent a couple seasons in Division 1 last time and he just needs time to build the right squad.....or whatever he feels necessary.

Correct. He will spin whatever happens its just a catch 22

If he spent more time on training ground than in his office writing up pre thought excuses we may do better. Correction. If he stayed away from the training ground and spent more time in his office, we may do better

If he stayed away from the club we would do better

For me the saddest thing - I used to find the atmosphere in the DE positive and a major plus point when going to Ewood. I now find that the constant negativity and "Kean Out" chants as one reason for not going - I just don't enjoy the atmosphere at the ground any more.

You don't go cos there are a few chants of sack the manager yet presumably you have no problem with the standard of football on show, the team selection, the tactical ineptitude and the results?

Who are you trying to kid?

I say increase the demonstrations and pressure.

When the protests were dropped last season for a few games the players and results were even more s**t than usual so don't come out with that codswollop that it effects the overpaid nancy boy players.

Looking forward to our Ipswich trip.

I'm going to give it to Kean full barrels again & again. We know he's not fit to run our club. No truce from me.

• Backroom

Looking forward to our Ipswich trip.

I'm going to give it to Kean full barrels again & again. We know he's not fit to run our club. No truce from me.

You and me both pal.

Good summary - should never have got the job in the first place, clearly he is not a football manager.

Why not just have a manager in charge who we think can get us promoted - last season for example after Kean won one match some think we had turned that infamous corner.

Our situation must be one of the most bizarre in football, don't think a poor manager has ever held on to their job for so long and even got an improved contract.

Strange but every decision made by the Rao family has been a bad one.

I started an entire thread about it here. http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/26846-is-it-just-me/

I'm not going to write it all over again but I still cannot fathom the game plan. Nothing makes any sense to me but it must to someone.

There seems to be a fundamental difference in terms of what people believe continuing protests will achieve.

In my opinion they will just give Kean all the excuses he needs for defeat. He never takes any blame for defeats anyway so why not taken one of his potential excuses away from him.

Let's say, on the other hand, the protests continue and the penny drops with Shebby that there will be no improvement in atmosphere nor fans uniting behind the club until Kean is gone - win, lose or draw. Then let's say he makes protestations to Venkys to remove Kean for the good of the club and fanbase as a whole. What makes anyone think they would care about the fans?

They've already shown through their action and inaction that the fans don't matter squat. So they'll just believe Kean that results are down to a minority of very vocal fans. (Do we really believe that Kean's won't be asked for his opinion by Venkys? Really??).

This is not about backing Kean and letting him prove he can get results. We know (barring exceptions i.e. the law of averages) he won't. It's about taking away his safety net (blaming the "vocal minority "fans for upsetting his young team) and letting him fall on his face.

If we allow Shebby to prove his credentials in being able to remove Kean (perhaps by proxy) and he doesn't deliver then we've smoked out another liar - and only had to wait 5 games to do so.

What is there to be afraid of? That Kean will win football matches?

Keep preaching away---you're whistling in the wind.

I hear they are not getting on but this type of thread must make Singh, Kean/Agnew smirk.

You think? I think I've already suggested it several times already but I have very little confidence in Singh - based on his easy platitudes. For me it's all about actions.

Let's force him into a corner.

Apart from that, and some occasional decent discussion, the thread has virtually been all about angry shouts of "No Nay Never" so I don't see why they'd be happy about it?

It is angry, frustrating and we all are looking for a gimmer of hope - we have the worst owners any club could wish for. It is not about clean slates as Shebby puts it, Kean is the football problem but we have other areas which the so called owners need to sort out, we are a complete mess.

It took what, 25 league matches before the first protest of which we won 5

He has got worse, not better.

Combined, those 2 comments sum it up for me. A fan truce probably won't affect things either way, but by approving Kean 1 more week/month/year in a job, the only thing you're doing is approving 1 more week/month/year of failure. Any other outcome is impossible, the guy is an irredeemably awful manager.

Remember last season's truce?

Is that the one that Glen and Co. arranged and, following compliance with the terms, Kean and Agnew immediately breached their promise to meet with the fans? Perhaps Glen could refresh our memories as to details, but it occurs to me that a truce is an agreement. Like all agreements, it requires trust on both sides. What have Kean or Agnew done to warrant any trust?

Also I tend to remember the "judge me after 10 games, the transfer windows, Christmas, etc..." So many periods of judgment, all passing by without change. I think the time for the Venkys to cut a deal with the fans has long since passed. It's time for the club to act, sack Kean and appointment a decent manager.

Therefore, should Venky's remove him and appoint someone who does not have Kean's appalling personal qualities, we will give Venky's a 2nd chance and we will support the new manager at every stage of the season, throughout the whole 94 mins of the game and no matter where we are in the table, because this is all about Kean the person.

Kean is a lying, deceitful turd. There is a quote I can't remember the exact phrase but it goes something like:

For evil men to prosper all it takes is for good men to do nothing

So far Coco has prospered, I say fekk him and the circus he represents

Archived