BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where to live... Advice needed

Hello my fellow Rovers

I have moved from London and need some advice on where to look. Basically I will be working in Bradford for 3 months then working in Blackpool for 3 months so wanted somewhere in the middle so can drive to both. To make things interesting I also need easy access to Manchester city centre as the mrs has a job there, she will be relying on public transport. Any suggestions on nice places to look would be really appreciated, thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Blackburn's almost exactly halfway between Bradford and Blackpool so would be ideal. Like most towns Blackburn has nice bits and not-so-nice bits but it's a pleasant and welcoming place to live with easy access by train to Manchester and of course you can go and watch Rovers too.

Blackburn's almost exactly halfway between Bradford and Blackpool so would be ideal. Like most towns Blackburn has nice bits and not-so-nice bits but it's a pleasant and welcoming place to live with easy access by train to Manchester and of course you can go and watch Rovers too.

Not so nice bits ? Where?

Of all the towns within 30 miles ish of Manchester, Blackburn is one of the least accessible by train. One train an hour mostly!

Thanks for input guys, have been looking in Bolton so far as mrs can get train to Manchester in 20 mins, still very open to suggestions

Anywhere in the GMPTE (or Travel for Greater Manchester as they've rebranded themselves) area will make the commute into Manc cost at half the price as out of it.

Archived