BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will elaborate a little on this, I did hint at it on twitter on sunday but had to tread carefully, however as its now out there. The opening bid we went in with was £5 Mill and rovers got a straight he aint for sale, Huddersfield did not even want to discuss a transfer let alone welcome an improved bid, which is unfortunate. The fact we made this move at those figures showed intent

Nicko is taking his usual 'Rovers - no chance' stance so get your houses on him signing.

On Nicko, he blocked me on Twitter for merely calling Kean a 'snide'. What a total tw@t he has been made to look during Venkys reign and his constant backing of Kean. He even replied to one poster 'you try being manager there'.

Have you ever seen him play Buckshaw? I've been very impressed with him every time I've seen him.

But no player with only League One experience can reasonably expect to be worth £5 million. No matter how good they look there, even a step up to the Championship is a big ask. I'd have been happy to get him in, but not at more than 5 mill.

I have seen him many time, would happily have him but the fee of 5-6mil is worrying, would imagine if they are willing to spend that sort of cash there is better options out there...would br delighted to get rhodes but in around the region of 3-4mil max!

Rhodes is no doubt a good player but as pointed out above the step up is going to be a risk in its self, and at circa £5m it makes the risk even more so. However I would like to see him playing for rovers, just not at the valuation!

I have also been impressed and would pay maximum 5 or 6 but he'll go for more because of how important he is for them. They'll see 5 as too low. Carroll was obviously not worth 35 but Newcastle rejected a bid of 30, which he isn't worth either, because he was so important to how they played.

He is unproven above League 1 but is still young and scored so many goals last year. He is obviously too good for League 1 although that doesn't necessarily mean he will be good enough for the C'ship.....Prem teams have been interested but hopefully he wants to play more after seeing Wickham barely play and Victor Moses spending about a year on the sidelines before he became a regular.

Considering West Ham had a 7m bid rejected with a similar message (ie: We're not interested in selling him, please dont contact us again RE: Jordan Rhodes), why on earth Venkys now assume 5m will be enough is 'confusing'.

Regardless, I think it will take closer to 10m to sign him. In modern day football you dont offer for a player unless you know they would be interested in playing for you.

Yes Rhodes has just completed his first real season in League 1. But he scored 40 goals in it, many hat tricks and 5 goals in one game. He's the shining light of future Scottish football, and after seeing lots of him last season (I started watching him weekly after hearing about someone score 5 in a game), I personally cannot believe a PL club havent made him an offer. If we where to sign him im 99% sure he would be a massive, massive hit, and wouldn't be here for too long. He's not the quickest, but he's powerful and has that knack of being in the right place, at the right time.

Considering West Ham had a 7m bid rejected with a similar message (ie: We're not interested in selling him, please dont contact us again RE: Jordan Rhodes), why on earth Venkys now assume 5m will be enough is 'confusing'.

Regardless, I think it will take closer to 10m to sign him. In modern day football you dont offer for a player unless you know they would be interested in playing for you.

Yes Rhodes has just completed his first real season in League 1. But he scored 40 goals in it, many hat tricks and 5 goals in one game. He's the shining light of future Scottish football, and after seeing lots of him last season (I started watching him weekly after hearing about someone score 5 in a game), I personally cannot believe a PL club havent made him an offer. If we where to sign him im 99% sure he would be a massive, massive hit, and wouldn't be here for too long. He's not the quickest, but he's powerful and has that knack of being in the right place, at the right time.

Just analysed goalscorers in the Championship, they dont come better than this guy!!

Full name William Louis Sharp Date of birth (1986-02-05) 5 February 1986 (age 26) Place of birth Sheffield, England Height 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) Playing position Striker Club information Current club Southampton Number 11 Youth career Rotherham United Sheffield United Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 2004–2005 Sheffield United 2 (0) 2005 → Rushden & Diamonds (loan) 16 (9) 2005–2007 Scunthorpe United 82 (53) 2007–2010 Sheffield United 51 (8) 2009–2010 → Doncaster Rovers (loan) 33 (15) 2010–2012 Doncaster Rovers 49 (25) 2012– Southampton 15 (9) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14:17, 28 April 2012 (UTC).

† Appearances (Goals).

William Louis "Billy" Sharp (born 5 February 1986) is an English footballer who plays for Southampton as a striker. He previously played for Doncaster Rovers, Sheffield United, Rushden & Diamonds and Scunthorpe United.

By the way, watched him v Ajax on Saturday, came on as sub and turned their defence all over the place!

Sharp would be a good addition. Probably be backup at Saints with Lambert and new signing Rodriguez. Would he move back up North though so soon?

He's a Northern lad and will want to play, think he is fourth choice striker at Saints!!

Fuller's knee problems meant both clubs withdrew their offers after he failed medicals. However, Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp was still keen on the Jamaican and Pompey negotiated a 'pay-as-you-play' deal with Fuller, meaning they would not lose a great deal of money should his recurring knee injuries force him to miss long periods of seasons. Fuller moved to Fratton Park in August 2004 for £1 million, after scoring 31 goals in only 63 appearances for Preston.[6]

Fuller failed to make a huge impact in the Premier League, falling down the pecking order as the season progressed. Despite the sale of some of his fellow strikers at the end of the season, the return from long-term injury by strikers Vincent Péricard and Svetoslav Todorov, and the purchase of Collins Mbesuma, meant Fuller was not guaranteed first team football at Portsmouth and new manager Alain Perrin agreed to let Fuller go. A move to Sunderland fell through when Fuller failed a medical.[7] Instead he was re-united with Harry Redknapp, who signed him for Southampton for £90,000. He scored once in his time at Portsmouth, in a 3–1 win over Crystal Palace.[8]

Can we afford another crop?

Rhodes only has 12 months left on his contract doesnt he?? £5-6m is top end of what any club should pay surely.

Would love us to take Sharp as a cheap option, with a cheeky contract offer to someone like Saha. He would bag loads of goals in the championship

Yea I think they will be holding out for 8+.....I watched that game where he scored 5....I'm gonna guess that it was against Wycombe but I can't really remember....he was unreal that day and always impressed me a lot in the other few occasions I saw him, and yea he is definitely strong and is just a natural goalscorer.....I would be over the moon if we signed him....I'm sure Nuno Gomes could teach him a thing or 2 also....lets just hope he was Rhodes' favourite player when he was younger.

Doing the rounds on twitter at the moment... Rovers linked with fuller.

Would happily take Fuller.....strong yet skillful....and would love Billy Sharp as well.

Fuller has had injury problems but Santa Cruz had never completed a full season, didn't Demba Ba fail a medical at Stoke.....it seems risky but if we can't get Rhodes, Sharp or Mackie, I'd much rather we gambled on Fuller than on Cox.

Rumours doing the rounds on twitter that heskey and fuller are being looked at as our short term options. Obviously pure speculation but I think one of these + a goal scorer eg Rhodes would be perfect. Heskey gets abuse but he's a good 2nd striker a great player to play off. He just can't score for toffee

Archived