BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Backroom

Last comment on Nixon. He laughed off the prospect of Rhodes ever joining us last night and now a day later according to his story we're 'locked in a battle to sign Rhodes with Fulham'.

Good to see him being as consistent as ever.

Wonder if we are still 90% certain to sign Mackie like he said

Not seen much of Rhodes the figure it would take seems high for him seeing as he may not step up

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean by something has clearly happened tonight? Improved bid?

Some very good sources talking about him......and one saying 'major development'.... it should also see Cryer run with the story in the morning, and now we also appear to have Nicko backing up the story.

This could be a very very big signing for us. My only concern is that his goals have all come at a lower level. I watched the video and he won't get as much time or space in the Championship. However I still think he will develop into a top top player.

But why oh why couldn't we spend some of this money in January on getting rid of Kean and backing a real manager :(

Just been posted on Vital...

Jordan Rhodes update.

I've been lucky enough to hear of the sort of package that we are potentially offering Rhodes and all I can say is WOW.

It's a serious offer and one that could trump what others have in mind...

A deal with incentives built in that rises to £8m for Huddersfield, £35k a week that rises to £40k on promotion, a non promotion release clause at cost price and even the option of loaning Huddersfield a player back in return.

Hudds position is still very much "not for sale" and "not interested" but Rovers ARE pushing hard for him.

you should if you want to push the boat out for a potentially top championship striker

It's a risk though, he's never played in the Championship. If we wanted to guarantee goals I'm sure there are proven Championship strikers available for less. Billy Sharp would be my choice, he'll get limited playing time at Southampton.

I think everyone knows Rhodes for scoring 40 goals last season but what I didn't realise is that he has actually backed that up with 22 in 48 & 23 in 53 during the two seasons prior... yet he is still only 22. He is not a flash in the pan striker or a one-season wonder. With that kinda record I reckon he has all the makings of a striker who can step up through the levels. I could be wrong as I know there is a big difference between League One and the Championship and then again between Championship and Prem but I just have a good feeling about him.

Would be a good signing and some good news that us Rovers fans need and deserve! Please make it happen!

i hope we can sign Rhodes, dare i say it The "new" Shearer :mellow: Keanisms

young quick and eye for goal, it does seem that we are pushing the boat out as far as fees and wages are concerned but i think the owners have got a lot more finanical flexibility with the new bank in India that they didn't have with Barclays.

we can compete with the likes of Fulham and Southampton and whoever is in for him so long as Newcastle and the top 6 stay out of it i think we have a good chance.

a lot now is down to the player no doubt he will be aware about what's happening at Blackburn and maybe fancies a crack at a bigger club with a reasonable chnace of going back to the Premiership, he also gets to stay in the North of England and won't have to uproot too far or at all.

as for the loan player i still think we could be seeing Santa Cruz back again for the third time i just think he's crying out to come back here well aware that he has a miss and hit with injuries so that could scupper any deal as we dont want or need another crock on the wage bill.

game on... as they say

this just on the daily fail website

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2182035/Fulham-bid-Jordan-Rhodes-rejected.html

Do we really think this story has any real merit? I hope it is true as it clearly shows some ambition from the owners for once. This whole thing is getting fans excited but I'm worried that might just be the point... Dangle a carrot for the fans and don't actually sign him. It has happen before!

It's a risk though, he's never played in the Championship. If we wanted to guarantee goals I'm sure there are proven Championship strikers available for less. Billy Sharp would be my choice, he'll get limited playing time at Southampton.

Billy Sharp will score goals and I guess £1,000,000 to £2,000,000 would get him!!

Rhodes and Sharpe would be incredible, providing the team is organised properly and I dont think Kean can do that!!

Signing Rhodes would be a massive coup IMO. Having seen a bit of him last season he seems to have all the attributes to be a hit in the championship (I reckon 20+ goals easily). This would then see his stock rise quite sharply in the run up to January, so I think it's a case of now or never.

On a side note, this comment from a Huddersfield fan on the link posted earlier in the thread made me chuckle:

"Absolutely laughable approach from one of the worst run clubs in the country, they're more likely to go down than up with that simpleton Kean in charge."

Looks like our issues have made it over the Pennines then, we just need to get it known south of Birmingham!

Archived