BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we really think this story has any real merit? I hope it is true as it clearly shows some ambition from the owners for once. This whole thing is getting fans excited but I'm worried that might just be the point... Dangle a carrot for the fans and don't actually sign him. It has happen before!

Difference is, whilst this is ambitious it's also plausible and a bit more realistic

Can see Fulham signing him to be honest. Dempsey hasn't travelled to Switzerland with the rest of the Fulham squad so can see him going Liverpool then Fulham going all out for Rhodes.

Shame as would be a fantastic signing for us but can't see him coming to us if Fulham are also interested.

Can't post a link as using phone but Daily Mail reporting fee agreed with Hudders for Rhodes and he's got permission to talk to us.

Cryer tweeted earlier RE Rhodes "not much changed. As first sd two days ago in lt, rhodes a target - tonight cd tell us a lot more. Can't say more than that"

There could be something in the Mail story

Cryer tweeted earlier RE Rhodes "not much changed. As first sd two days ago in lt, rhodes a target - tonight cd tell us a lot more. Can't say more than that"

There could be something in the Mail story

I presume by this he is on about Huddersfield playing tonight and seeing if Rhodes did play, which he did for 70+minutes. Would be an odd thing to do on there part if we had agreed a fee with them before the game

Huddersfields chairman or whatever he is said there ambition this year is anything 4th bottom or better....surely a player would rather play for a club with higher ambitions and bigger wages.

Some on twitter seems very confident that this could happen....IF it does, then its a massive signing for our new season

I'm hoping firstly, we offer him more money and secondly more of a chance to play.....us or Fulham seems like a no brainer at first but they've already signed 2 decent strikers this summer and he might be hesitant about warming the bench and stifling his development.

Yes signing for Kean will also stifle his development but I imagine he wants to play a lot at this stage of his career.....maybe H'field say to him, look 6+ million is a lot of money and we want you to go and then we offer him more than any prem teams together with the promise of more first team football for us as he should be our first choice striker now Best is out.

I'm not getting my hopes up but I would love for us to sign him.

I'm not getting my hopes up but ......

Hmmm, you are a bit. The lad has got his big chance. If Rovers have hit the magic total at which Huddersfield will do business, then better placed clubs will likely match it. I have to be honest and objective. If i were in his shoes i wouldn't touch Rovers with a sh!tty stick. I only hope our new visionary leader Shebby can persuade him otherwise.

Archived