BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] jordan rhodes

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm, you are a bit. The lad has got his big chance. If Rovers have hit the magic total at which Huddersfield will do business, then better placed clubs will likely match it. I have to be honest and objective. If i were in his shoes i wouldn't touch Rovers with a sh!tty stick. I only hope our new visionary leader Shebby can persuade him otherwise.

I'm not.....getting my hopes up implies I think it will happen.....I don't think it will happen I was just explaining the best chance of it happening imo.

If I was Best, Gomes or Murphy or even Nunes, Jorge or Edinho I wouldn't have come near us either.....or if I was Vukcevic, Formica, Hanley, Givet along with pretty much everyone else I would have asked for a transfer a long, long time ago but the fact is we have signed players I wouldn't have expected us to and the main reason for that is the money we have offered.....with Rhodes it could be the same......our owners new tactic appears to be pay over the odds to attract players to our joke of a club and players like signing for clubs where they will get paid more.

I'm not.....getting my hopes up implies I think it will happen.....I don't think it will happen I was just explaining the best chance of it happening imo.

If I was Best, Gomes or Murphy or even Nunes, Jorge or Edinho I wouldn't have come near us either.....or if I was Vukcevic, Formica, Hanley, Givet along with pretty much everyone else I would have asked for a transfer a long, long time ago but the fact is we have signed players I wouldn't have expected us to and the main reason for that is the money we have offered.....with Rhodes it could be the same......our owners new tactic appears to be pay over the odds to attract players to our joke of a club and players like signing for clubs where they will get paid more.

mercenary players but are they up for the championship fight ???....on a wet cold winters night somehow I doubt it

If we have 6m (possibly more) and funny money for wages to spend on 1 striker (yes a brilliant acquisition if it goes through) shouldnt we be splitting that money up on imporoving our offer for Adrien Silva, getting Aaron Hughes signed and have about 4m to spare on looking at another CB and possibly a wide pacey player ?

Huddersfield have agreed a fee with Rovers and the player was given permission to hold talks at Ewood last night.

Source is Daily Mail. Same paper says West Ham after Silva.

Of course, you can have the best strikers in the world but they do need opportunities to score, we simply have to inject pace into the squad for if Martin Olsson goes, we have none at all!!

I would urge caution on the Daily Mail report. As of yesterday evening Rovers hadn't even made a formal offer, there have been informal discussions. My understanding is that Huddersfield don't want to sell and that Rhodes would have to force a move, the financial package that Rovers are offering him is huge so I am sure that he is very tempted.

But at the moment I don't think that any fee has been agreed, or even a formal offer made. That would corrolate with him playing for Huddersfield last night, if they had an intention of selling him or if a offer had been accepted then he wouldn't have played last night.

Quietly confident this deal may happen. If the player tells Huddersfield he wants to leave then they will accept 6m. That's when it gets interesting because I would imagine a few prem clubs will match our bid for Rhodes but not our wage offer. As with the Leon Best and Danny Murphy deals, the player will have to decide whether he wants to play in the premier league with a lower wage or play for rovers in the championship with a higher wage.

Money talks IMO

I would urge caution on the Daily Mail report. As of yesterday evening Rovers hadn't even made a formal offer, there have been informal discussions. My understanding is that Huddersfield don't want to sell and that Rhodes would have to force a move, the financial package that Rovers are offering him is huge so I am sure that he is very tempted.

But at the moment I don't think that any fee has been agreed, or even a formal offer made. That would corrolate with him playing for Huddersfield last night, if they had an intention of selling him or if a offer had been accepted then he wouldn't have played last night.

+1

If we have 6m (possibly more) and funny money for wages to spend on 1 striker (yes a brilliant acquisition if it goes through) shouldnt we be splitting that money up on imporoving our offer for Adrien Silva, getting Aaron Hughes signed and have about 4m to spare on looking at another CB and possibly a wide pacey player ?

Or a tough tackling defensive midfielder.. to win the ball back! :angry2:

Signing Rhodes would excite me, but IMO... I honestly dont think we are serious about signing Rhodes - Its just an empty gesture (similar to West Ham and Andy Carroll).

I'm sure Rhodes would be decent but £6m worth? And remember that £6m or part thereof becomes another, better manger in the same division's transfer kitty

Presumably Huddersfield have managed without a Global Advisor and Simon Grayson is at liberty to sign players he knows are decent

It's frightening isn't it? With these clowns in charge we could sign a perfectly decent player but in the process strengthen a rival side we would be looking to finish above for all money!

6 million is worth it for me; the guy has bags of talent, and knows exactly where the back of the net is; he makes goals himself, and is a cracking finisher.

• Backroom

Still no official bid yet but Andy and Alan absolutely correct that one should be going in very soon.

What exactly are they waiting on any idea?

Archived