BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It actually states we will be getting rid of them so the youngsters can progress in the squad. This says to me we will replace Pedersen petrovic etc with first team starter players then use youngsters as back up. No point buying someone then having Pedersen as back up and then a youngster as back up to Pedersen.

[quote name=den' timestamp='1343900173' post='1289480'

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9852185.Pedersen_s_Rovers_future_uncertain/

Rovers continuing their "rebuilding". Worryingly the LT reckons we'll use youth players instead.

The thing is you could argue players like Morris would be suitable back ups for who ever is a starter, no real need for peds to stay on.

Sad to hear we are offloading him because he is a genuinely decent bloke and a rovers fan but he has not been as good as he could be for quite some time. Maybe in the future he can be a coach at the club!

I am sorry to see that rovers are prepared to listen to offers for MGP but not surprised as some of the abuse he received from a section of the so called supporters was a disgrace at times Bolton away comes to mind I see Anderson is still at the club

Petrovic and Gamst have to stay for me - Gamst for his experience and Petrovic because I believe he could do a great job for us alongside Murphy!

Why is Myles not on this list?

Cos he's ace!! Durr!

The only way I can see getting rid of Peds and Petrovic being useful in squad terms is if we keep n'zonzi and Martin Olsson and bring in a left back and play Olsson on the wing (which all is doubtful to happen)

Kean will just carry on trying to play formica and rochina there both of which can't IMO or shouldn't

Yeah get shut of Pedersen and Petrovic as well, deadwood. There must be some grafter in the Academy who can 'do a job'.

Maybe there are a couple down there who Kean thinks are The New Xavi and The New Iniesta. They can go alongside the New Irwin, Smalling, Rooney and Gattuso.

All we need is a New Manager and New Owners and we might even have a chance...

anyone reckon these sales are to fund the move for rhodes? offload a few players to make up the money for rhodes' fee and wages?

There's a fair chance that's behind their thinking. What other reason could be behind releasing these players at such a late time?

There's a fair chance that's behind their thinking. What other reason could be behind releasing these players at such a late time?

Sell these, promote the youth players. Then sell them when they've made their impression in a mid table championship team.

Money, money, money that those ungrateful Blackburn fans wont be seeing.

It actually states we will be getting rid of them so the youngsters can progress in the squad. This says to me we will replace Pedersen petrovic etc with first team starter players then use youngsters as back up. No point buying someone then having Pedersen as back up and then a youngster as back up to Pedersen.

Good point mate.

Its more than likely they have been put up for sale a while ago,I don`t think either have featured in pre-season,I know Peds got a later break because of the Euro`s. To be honest I think he`s lost his way a little,maybe a new start somewhere else will be better for him as well,

I reckon MGP will get another crack at the PL and fair play to him. He has plenty to offer even if he isn"t a shadow of the player hw was. We only signed Slew last year didn't we, thought he was supposed to be one for the future.

Its more than likely they have been put up for sale a while ago,I don`t think either have featured in pre-season,I know Peds got a later break because of the Euro`s. To be honest I think he`s lost his way a little,maybe a new start somewhere else will be better for him as well,

Yeah, thinking about it, you're probably right.

I'd keep Petrovic, send Slew on loan and Pedersen is a strange one.......if his wages are an issue then fine and next season I don't want to see him and Vukcevic on the bench and then Gamst coming on instead.

I'd still probably keep him though as this will be a long season and we can't rely too much on youngsters....and we need as much experience as possible in the dressing room......if Pedersen goes we should replace him with a midfielder who can play out wide or in the centre.....can Buzsaky do that? I've only seen him down the middle.

Archived