BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

Sick of hearing the line "pedersen has been loyal". No he hasn't, he just hadn't moved on because nobody has wanted him, for the simple reason, he's an average player.

Whatever.

If he is so good at set pieces, then why does he persistently hit the first man from every single damned corner kick and why does he persistently place his free kicks wide of the goal?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats fair enough. I guess a better phrase is 'he has been a good servant'. The modern day footballer is an unpleasant beast and Peds, for all his failings in terms of performance, has been a good pro for the club. Trained well, promoted the club, never caused unrest and never engineered a move even in his pomp. As i said earlier, i'll be sad to see such a decent pro leave the club. But not for long. He's been dog awful for what, 85% of his time here?

• Backroom

In terms of set pieces Pedersen's delivery is often poor... but every so often he'll pull out a near perfect free kick/corner, and in tight games that can be the game-changer, so in that sense it makes sense to put him on set pieces even if most of his deliveries are average at best. Much like the rest of his game he just isn't consistent enough in that area to be considered a truly great set piece taker.

I really have no idea how MGP would fare in the Championship... looks like we'll never find out. Saying that, somebody still has to put in a bid and stump up the necessary wages to get him. I reckon Peds would take a £10k drop or so for a 2 or 3 year contract at an established prem club like Everton or maybe even Stoke.

With Pedersen and Petrovic it is about the timing of this announcement not their abilities (or lack of). They will need replacing and the season is getting ever closer.

Do you think , that kean has realised the season is growing closer ?

If anyone as to leave Ewood Park , it should be Kean he did more to relegate us , than Pedersen , Petrovic , Slew and Linganzi .

Kean Out ! Agnew Out ! Venkys Out !

That's unreal, any source.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

http://www.statbunker.com/football/ktg/index.php?PL=ktgalltime&Code=EPL&statType=assist

At the end of the day the only reason MGP is on the list is because of his wages, nothing else. Why is anyone happy with that? It means they want to cut wages, which from experience means replacing him with someone inferior. Only last week we where after experience, this week we need cheaper.

Again, if Nzonzi, MGP, and petrovic go, we are left with Murphy, Lowe and Dunn for central midfield. We will get murdered.

also he is our 5th highest premiership goal scorer and if he made 1 more appearance he would of equaled friedel's record and become the joint top appearances in the prem, stats like that just show what a great servant he has been to the club.

I'm not surprised about Petrovic, he didn't look great last season during his limited appearances and the coach clearly doesn't rate him so far this pre-season. Slew was a gamble for a small fee that didn't pay off, no problems with him going. Linganzi and Blackman were always going to be fringe players at best.

I feel a bit sorry for Petrovic & Slew, but the question which their departures ought to raise is why Kean ever signed them in the first place. Or did he?

Slew actually played quite well last night against FCUM and scored a cracking goal even if it was only against opposition about 6 or 7 levels lower on the English football "pyramid". And is £1 million really "a small fee" these days? When, just after he'd scored, I told one of the FCUM fans that we'd paid £1 millon for Slew, he reckoned Slew must have been the first "million pound player" ever to play on that ground!

Proof of the value of an excellent player who has been a great servant for Rovers, a link to when we still a proper football club with a proper manager and still has alot to offer as a player in my opinion. Letting him go would be a huge mistake - his Premier League nous and experience would be invaluable this season. I can only assume the club is trying to cut the wage bill to bring in dross like Dickson.

Has anyone paid any real attention to the list ?

I just had a scroll through to see whos last out of curiosity. Nani, Ronaldo, Henry, Murphy and Bentley (among othres) are all mentioned again having 1 assist.

I am sure the list has been posted before. Danny Murphy is in the list 3 times, as are others

Not sticking up for the owners or manager (God forbid) but why would anyone want to keep Petrovic?

Worst central midfield player to ever pull on a Rovers shirt, his display in the first half against Villa at home was truely shocking, he didn't make the second half.

Worst central midfield player to ever pull on a Rovers shirt, his display in the first half against Villa at home was truely shocking, he didn't make the second half.

Singing from the same hymn sheet Gav. Good to see!

If he is so good at set pieces, then why does he persistently hit the first man from every single damned corner kick and why does he persistently place his free kicks wide of the goal?

Both those points are wrong of course. Apart from which I said he was the best "striker" of a dead ball at the club. Much as he's possibly the best header of a ball at the club. That doesn't mean he gets every header on target either.

Both those points are wrong of course. Apart from which I said he was the best "striker" of a dead ball at the club. Much as he's possibly the best header of a ball at the club. That doesn't mean he gets every header on target either.

Yes dead ball being a corner and free kick situation. Both of which he is consistently terrible at.

Yes dead ball being a corner and free kick situation. Both of which he is consistently terrible at.

OK. I can only assume you don't know what is meant by "good striker of a football".

Well I guess you'll have to stay in the camp which argues that he's only taken them for the past umpteen years because he simply wont allow the manager, captain or anyone else tell him that he can't take them and we've had better dead ball strikers over the years anyway.

At the end of the day the only reason MGP is on the list is because of his wages, nothing else. Why is anyone happy with that? It means they want to cut wages, which from experience means replacing him with someone inferior. Only last week we where after experience, this week we need cheaper.

Again, if Nzonzi, MGP, and petrovic go, we are left with Murphy, Lowe and Dunn for central midfield. We will get murdered.

The only reason is Wages??? Pull the other one.....he hasnt been good in his natural position for the last 2-3 years (left wing), and he is a very poor centre mid. Our midfield has been powderpuff for the last 2-3 years and he is one of the reasons, it needs overhauling.

Blackman – Not even league 1 standard – so good move to get rid

Linganzi – Another poor player, possibly not even league 2 standard – good move

Slew – Personally as he is young & quick and played at U21 level, id let him leave on loan only for now.

Petrovic – Poor signing BUT he started to improve later in the season, possibly a harsh move as he could become good….but the Jury is still out on that one.

Pedersen – Loyal servant, BUT other than lots of running, offers very little. Free-kicks hit 1 in 10, which he will now be replace by Murphy, and the long throws are no longer needed without Samba & NZonzi….He isn’t attacking enough for left wing anymore, and he’s not the ideal centre mid - considering he is one of the top earners, this is a good move also in my view. Lets not talk about his 9th in all time assists stats, most of them came in his first few seasons when he used to be the main man.....since then he has faded massively.

Others – wouldn’t be surprised to see Goodwillie included in the above list, just a shame Anderson isn’t joining them.

No question peddy WAS great for us but who we kidding, he was shambolic last season, painful to watch, was like a girls blouse running round midfield afraid to get stuck in...was bypassed like he wasnt even there, tried to make excuses for him and convince myself he was better but the reality is hes not a shadow of his former self...had his time will always be fond of his golden days but he simply a liability now and anyone who says different is living in lala land!!

Where is Simon Vuckevic?

Hopefully staying....he had nose surgery as is about a week away from being fit according to Cryer......it's a good idea to have current internationals with Champions League experience in the C'ship and I really, really hope he stays....and is actually played.

Pedersen has a lot of assists because he used to be really good.....he isn't anymore.

Guest Rovers4Good

It was only last month when i mentioned i thought Pedersen would be off. :(

Good servants get nowhere in this club and will be sad to see him go, well done yet again Keano. :(

I can't ANYONE is shedding a tear over the potential departure (hopefully) of Pedersen, he was superb for a period when Mark Hughes was here but has been swinging the lead for the last four seasons or so and his contribution or lack thereof last season was particularly disgraceful. Off the pitch, tweeting pictures about the acquisition of his latest gleaming white Ferrari shortly after our relegation was confirmed showed an unbelievable lack of judgment and indifference to the Club's plight and was just the final kick in the nuts for long suffering Rovers fans.

His departure is long overdue and at least two seasons too late, he should have been released then instead of being handed his latest lucrative contract.

I think Petrovic looks like has the making of a very good player but he hasn't shown it here, perhaps he will elsewhere under a different manager.

The other three, just clogging up the wage bill and we'll be lucky to offload them I'd imagine.

Archived