BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. Off the pitch, tweeting pictures about the acquisition of his latest gleaming white Ferrari shortly after our relegation was confirmed showed an unbelievable lack of judgment and indifference to the Club's plight and was just the final kick in the nuts for long suffering Rovers fans.

Surely you'll be giving MGP another chance ??? afterall you are prepared to give Kean one ???

Surely you'll be giving MGP another chance ??? afterall you are prepared to give Kean one ???

Silly comment as the two things are obviously not comparable. As I'm tired of saying Kean shouldn't be in charge for the start of the new season but is, therefore we have to deal with the situation as it is, not as it isn't. I think it's better to simply get behind the team until we see how things unfold.

Pedersen's has also had a lot more than "another chance" hasn't he. Hypothetically if Kean were to take Rovers to another two successive relegations that would more or less mirror Pedersen's contribution in playing terms in recent seasons.

The only reason is Wages??? Pull the other one.....he hasnt been good in his natural position for the last 2-3 years (left wing), and he is a very poor centre mid. Our midfield has been powderpuff for the last 2-3 years and he is one of the reasons, it needs overhauling.

Blackman – Not even league 1 standard – so good move to get rid

Linganzi – Another poor player, possibly not even league 2 standard – good move

Slew – Personally as he is young & quick and played at U21 level, id let him leave on loan only for now.

Petrovic – Poor signing BUT he started to improve later in the season, possibly a harsh move as he could become good….but the Jury is still out on that one.

Pedersen – Loyal servant, BUT other than lots of running, offers very little. Free-kicks hit 1 in 10, which he will now be replace by Murphy, and the long throws are no longer needed without Samba & NZonzi….He isn’t attacking enough for left wing anymore, and he’s not the ideal centre mid - considering he is one of the top earners, this is a good move also in my view. Lets not talk about his 9th in all time assists stats, most of them came in his first few seasons when he used to be the main man.....since then he has faded massively.

Others – wouldn’t be surprised to see Goodwillie included in the above list, just a shame Anderson isn’t joining them.

Ok answer the question about if you think a midfield of Murphy, Dunn, Lowe and now Etuhu is good enough to play 40+ games and win promotion.

The way to improve is to bring in better players than you have already. We won't do that.

If the link I provided isn't right I apologise, but he still is a key player for us, wether anyone likes it or not. Don't get me wrong, if we where replacing MGP with better players then I would have no issues, but it's plain that we want rid because of his high wages.

What makes you think that Kean can bring in better?

I can't ANYONE is shedding a tear over the potential departure (hopefully) of Pedersen, he was superb for a period when Mark Hughes was here but has been swinging the lead for the last four seasons or so and his contribution or lack thereof last season was particularly disgraceful. Off the pitch, tweeting pictures about the acquisition of his latest gleaming white Ferrari shortly after our relegation was confirmed showed an unbelievable lack of judgment and indifference to the Club's plight and was just the final kick in the nuts for long suffering Rovers fans.

His departure is long overdue and at least two seasons too late, he should have been released then instead of being handed his latest lucrative contract.

I think Petrovic looks like has the making of a very good player but he hasn't shown it here, perhaps he will elsewhere under a different manager.

The other three, just clogging up the wage bill and we'll be lucky to offload them I'd imagine.

"Off the pitch, tweeting pictures about the acquisition of his latest gleaming white Ferrari shortly after our relegation was confirmed showed an unbelievable lack of judgment and indifference to the Club's plight and was just the final kick in the nuts for long suffering Rovers fans. "

I understand Pedersen has been shocking the past couple of seasons but to say that he wasn't bothered about the club getting relegated, just bothered about himself is a stupid statement. Pedersen was the only player to come out when the club got relegated and say how he wanted to stay with Rovers the club he loves and fight to get them promoted!!

I think Petrovic looks like has the making of a very good player but he hasn't shown it here

Petrovic is quite possibly the worst midfield player I have seen in 50 years watching Rovers... and that includes Graham Oates. How anyone can see the makings of a good player is beyond comprehension.

Petrovic is quite possibly the worst midfield player I have seen in 50 years watching Rovers... and that includes Graham Oates. How anyone can see the makings of a good player is beyond comprehension.

Ridiculous comment Jim. He's never had a chance...end of. I happen to think petrovic and vuckevic are by far our most talented and in terms of level played at, our most experienced. Never had a shout, both of em.

Ok answer the question about if you think a midfield of Murphy, Dunn, Lowe and now Etuhu is good enough to play 40+ games and win promotion.

The way to improve is to bring in better players than you have already. We won't do that.

If the link I provided isn't right I apologise, but he still is a key player for us, wether anyone likes it or not. Don't get me wrong, if we where replacing MGP with better players then I would have no issues, but it's plain that we want rid because of his high wages.

In my opinion its all about 1 position. Murphy is nailed on for 1 of the centre mid positions - so that leaves Dunn/ Etuhu/ Lowe/ Portuguese kid for the other centre mid position..... with wing choices of Rochina/ Formica/ Vukcevic/ Olsson/ Nunes

I honestly do not see where MGP would fit in our midfield next season based on the above options.

In my opinion its all about 1 position. Murphy is nailed on for 1 of the centre mid positions - so that leaves Dunn/ Etuhu/ Lowe/ Portuguese kid for the other centre mid position..... with wing choices of Rochina/ Formica/ Vukcevic/ Olsson/ Nunes

I honestly do not see where MGP would fit in our midfield next season based on the above options.

The problem I see Hughsey is that both Dunny and Murphy are mid 30s and may struggle with 90 mins and Dunny can frequently miss 6 weeks at a time too. Lowe hasn't impressed me in CM yet, and picks up a booking most games too. The portugese kid is totally unproven. Etuhu is ok as a dm sitter, but I just see us being totally reliant on Murphy to run the show for 40+ games. MGP surely is a better bet than Lowe or the Portugese kid in CM. I know he's not outstanding, but he's better in that CM than most give him credit for, plus his experience is going to be needed too. I just don't beleive we want to sell him because we have better, we want him out because of his wages.

Etuhu is ok as a dm sitter, but I just see us being totally reliant on Murphy to run the show for 40+ games.

This is why I'm not sure whether I think it's a good idea to transfer list Petrovic or not. The few times he played well last season, he looked like the type of player who could sit deep and recycle possession, pass accurately etc. Basically the type of player who could spell Murphy when he needs a rest. I've also seen Petrovic for Serbia a few times (Such as against Sweden earlier this year), and he's looked good. That's what's so frustrating about him; he isn't a horrible player, but for like 80% of his time at Rovers he has played like one.

Then again, with Kean in charge we may not ever see Petrovic at his best, so it might just be the best thing to sell.

This is why I'm not sure whether I think it's a good idea to transfer list Petrovic or not. The few times he played well last season, he looked like the type of player who could sit deep and recycle possession, pass accurately etc. Basically the type of player who could spell Murphy when he needs a rest. I've also seen Petrovic for Serbia a few times (Such as against Sweden earlier this year), and he's looked good. That's what's so frustrating about him; he isn't a horrible player, but for like 80% of his time at Rovers he has played like one.

Then again, with Kean in charge we may not ever see Petrovic at his best, so it might just be the best thing to sell.

The Petrovic thing is quite strange. I've not seen anything of him to suggest he has what it takes to be a success at Rovers. Absolutely nothing. In every other case that would rightly justify me writing him off. But there is something which makes me doubt that common sense approach. I can't help but think there might be player somewhere in there. I don't understand it at all. Literally every time i have seen him he has been 2yards off the pace and about as far away from being a box to box midfielder as you could get. I'm not sure how much more of a chance we can afford to give him. And yet i would be sorry to see him leave.

http://www.statbunke...statType=assist

At the end of the day the only reason MGP is on the list is because of his wages, nothing else. Why is anyone happy with that?

Because he's crap. No stats can shield me from what I've seen with my own eyes. Far too inconsistent, gives the ball away a LOT. The interesting thing about that list, for me, if you want to be stat-reliant, is it confirms what I've always suspected. That this tripe about Emile Heskey's ability to create goals for his partner outweighing his appalling goals record is total...well, tripe. He is at 110th with only 15 assists. Defoe has made more (and scored more), but at times couldn't get ahead of the useless lump for England. Jason Roberts is 68th on the list. Gary Neville has far more assists than Heskey.

Because he's crap. No stats can shield me from what I've seen with my own eyes. Far too inconsistent, gives the ball away a LOT. The interesting thing about that list, for me, if you want to be stat-reliant, is it confirms what I've always suspected. That this tripe about Emile Heskey's ability to create goals for his partner outweighing his appalling goals record is total...well, tripe. He is at 110th with only 15 assists. Defoe has made more (and scored more), but at times couldn't get ahead of the useless lump for England. Jason Roberts is 68th on the list. Gary Neville has far more assists than Heskey.

I'm not a fan of statistics but that list has been pointed out a few times as being inaccurate.....Heskey is 110th with 15 assists...then 196th with 10....then 524th with 5...then 606th with 4....then 732nd with 3...then 1166th with 1 and finally 1474th with another 1.....giving him a total of 29 assists.

Not that many over 10/12+ seasons, or however long, but he is a useful player disregarding his goals to game ratio which is terrible and yet better than Bobby Zamora's who gets praised often.....in the Prem that is.....I think that's right anyway....I think I read once Heskey averages 1 in 5 and Zamora 1 in 6........Owen said he preferred to play with Heskey when they were at Liverpool.

Pedersen played in the Prem for 8 years.....he has usually been the set piece taker in that time.....some of it was in a team heavily reliant on set pieces.....and he had Samba to aim for throughout most of his time......I've just checked and he got us 4 assists last season in the league.....the cross to Formica was one, a long throw to Nzonzi away at Bolton, didn't we score from another long throw around that time as well?.....I remember Samba scoring from a corner away at QPR, and maybe Dann sometime? which would be 5 but apparently it was 4.....anyway 4 assists in 33 games for a midfielder who takes almost every set piece is a poor return in my eyes....and playing with a striker who scored 17 goals....not to mention his general contribution in open play....because there wasn't any.....barring that cross to Formica against Norwich that was a nice goal all round.

He could be 1st on that list and I wouldn't rate him higher at this moment in time.......Nolberto Solano and Robert Pires are not far behind him, although they probably appear later on again, and I wouldn't want them playing for us either.....the reason being they are not the same players anymore.....Pedersen isn't either so the fact that he is on some list because of his past achievements isn't relevant in my eyes.......I know we have dropped down a level but I imagine Pedersen, for the most part, will be what he has usually been since roughly 2007.....which is a liability in defence and attack........I prefer players who are better at football than ones who have been here longer or say they have an affinity with the club......but you wouldn't think Pedersen even did watching him play.

The same Graham Oates that was a member of the excellent 1975 3rd Division Championship side, and who Gordon Lee took with him with Roger Jones to then first Division Newcastle?

Blimey jim, have they put something in your tea? We've had many worse players than Graham Oates.

I'm not a fan of statistics but that list has been pointed out a few times as being inaccurate.....Heskey is 110th with 15 assists...then 196th with 10....then 524th with 5...then 606th with 4....then 732nd with 3...then 1166th with 1 and finally 1474th with another 1.....giving him a total of 29 assists.

Not that many over 10/12+ seasons, or however long, but he is a useful player disregarding his goals to game ratio which is terrible and yet better than Bobby Zamora's who gets praised often.....in the Prem that is.....I think that's right anyway....I think I read once Heskey averages 1 in 5 and Zamora 1 in 6........Owen said he preferred to play with Heskey when they were at Liverpool.

Pedersen played in the Prem for 8 years.....he has usually been the set piece taker in that time.....some of it was in a team heavily reliant on set pieces.....and he had Samba to aim for throughout most of his time......I've just checked and he got us 4 assists last season in the league.....the cross to Formica was one, a long throw to Nzonzi away at Bolton, didn't we score from another long throw around that time as well?.....I remember Samba scoring from a corner away at QPR, and maybe Dann sometime? which would be 5 but apparently it was 4.....anyway 4 assists in 33 games for a midfielder who takes almost every set piece is a poor return in my eyes....and playing with a striker who scored 17 goals....not to mention his general contribution in open play....because there wasn't any.....barring that cross to Formica against Norwich that was a nice goal all round.

He could be 1st on that list and I wouldn't rate him higher at this moment in time.......Nolberto Solano and Robert Pires are not far behind him, although they probably appear later on again, and I wouldn't want them playing for us either.....the reason being they are not the same players anymore.....Pedersen isn't either so the fact that he is on some list because of his past achievements isn't relevant in my eyes.......I know we have dropped down a level but I imagine Pedersen, for the most part, will be what he has usually been since roughly 2007.....which is a liability in defence and attack........I prefer players who are better at football than ones who have been here longer or say they have an affinity with the club......but you wouldn't think Pedersen even did watching him play.

Rovers simply took all the big lads out of the team leaving Pedersen with nothing to aim at, thus hes now redundant.

Petrovic is quite possibly the worst midfield player I have seen in 50 years watching Rovers.

How anyone can see the makings of a good player is beyond comprehension.

Absolutely Jim, terrible player, didn't Kean say he was the complete midfield player :wacko: a major coupe, he'd seen him live and number of times and so had the scouting staff :rock: I'd sack the bleedin lot of em!

Pedersen has been a loyal servant to the club and for a short period was a very good player. However over the past four years he has produced very little. If he were willing to take a huge cut in wages, he would be at best a decent squad player. If we could get decent money for him then I wouldn't be against him leaving.

Petrovic is a player that I've wanted to do well and he has shown in glimpses that he is a decent player. I've also seen him play for Serbia and he has played well. I just don't think that the English game suits his style of play.

Jordan Slew is a young player, but he still cost £1million, so he should be sent out on loan to see what he can do.

Players like Linganzi, Anderson and Blackman should be gotten rid of.

+1

Rovers simply took all the big lads out of the team leaving Pedersen with nothing to aim at, thus hes now redundant.

That's just a sweeping statement though that ignores his defensive "work" as well as all the misplaced passes he does in open play. And Nzonzi is over 6 foot and not all teams have tall players but they can still be a danger from set pieces.

That's just a sweeping statement though that ignores his defensive "work" as well as all the misplaced passes he does in open play. And Nzonzi is over 6 foot and not all teams have tall players but they can still be a danger from set pieces.

Nzonzi was terrible in the air for a guy his height.

Nzonzi was terrible in the air for a guy his height.

I agree but he is still a big guy to aim at.

My point was Pedersen didn't start bad at set pieces or from open play because of a lack of height in the team. We could have had 5 players who were 6 foot 6 in the box from a corner and it still wouldn't have beat the first man.

I agree but he is still a big guy to aim at.

My point was Pedersen didn't start bad at set pieces or from open play because of a lack of height in the team. We could have had 5 players who were 6 foot 6 in the box from a corner and it still wouldn't have beat the first man.

Yeah I agree.

The only set piece I ever consider us dangerous from are them wide free kicks where he puts it between the defenders and the keeper. Funnily enough haven't seen many of them under Kean. Maybe he thought we were scoring too many goals or something.

Yes dead ball being a corner and free kick situation. Both of which he is consistently terrible at.

The news of Pedersen's availability has met with mixed response from the Ewood faithful, having spent eight years at the club, and he showed the quality he still possesses with a fierce 20-yard free kick in last night's 4-2 defeat to Dutch outfit Go Ahead Eagles. - LT.

Few players in the Championship have the quality Pedersen can deliver - LT

:D Hee Hee, just read that quotes from the report of last night's game. Not making a judgement on whether we should keep him or not, but to say he's not the best striker of a ball at the club is just wrong. Not the first time he's hit a screamer is it?

Archived