BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 players transfer listed

chaddyrovers

The news of Pedersen's availability has met with mixed response from the Ewood faithful, having spent eight years at the club, and he showed the quality he still possesses with a fierce 20-yard free kick in last night's 4-2 defeat to Dutch outfit Go Ahead Eagles. - LT.

Few players in the Championship have the quality Pedersen can deliver - LT

:D Hee Hee, just read that quotes from the report of last night's game. Not making a judgement on whether we should keep him or not, but to say he's not the best striker of a ball at the club is just wrong. Not the first time he's hit a screamer is it?

In over 8 years. I should hope not. How many recent ones?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect the different views on gamst In regards to his qualities. In my opinion he is more than good enough for the championship, but for the wages he is receiving he is not worth keeping.

I think this is either a wage issue, or it is because shebby think he is crap. If its the last one we get a better knowledge of what kind of power he has.

I always saw vuckcevic as the replacement for gamst, being that he's left footed, but now we also have fabio nunes and gamst costs too much to keep on the bench. He's also not a player that can come in as a sub and be a game changer.

Im not happy with him being put on the transfer list, but if the wages reported (50 000) is correct I totally understand the decision. In my opinion I think it will be very hard to get rid of him due to his wages, and I think he will be in our team at least until january

"Off the pitch, tweeting pictures about the acquisition of his latest gleaming white Ferrari shortly after our relegation was confirmed showed an unbelievable lack of judgment and indifference to the Club's plight and was just the final kick in the nuts for long suffering Rovers fans. "

I understand Pedersen has been shocking the past couple of seasons but to say that he wasn't bothered about the club getting relegated, just bothered about himself is a stupid statement. Pedersen was the only player to come out when the club got relegated and say how he wanted to stay with Rovers the club he loves and fight to get them promoted!!

Yeah, great tactics from the guy, claiming more loyalty to the club. Always some fans who´ll take the bait and believe in stupid statements.

This guy on the other hand remember the tottenham game very well, no shots on target, relegation almost certain and there the great loyal servant is, laughing and smiling with brad friedel. While fans are holding back tears.

Then he further drowned his relegation sorrows with the brand new ferrari picture.

I cant believe anyone actually wants him to stay, he´s been terrible the last few seasons, but last season was just painful to watch. Couldnt believe kean hardly ever benched him, but i guess the long throw to the zonz was too valuable in keans mind. But enough of that, already been covered.

This rich little fairy can take his hair gel, his ferrari, his take that cd´s and drive off to some other club, where he can try to avoid getting any scratches or bruises while playing.

Arteta should have poked him harder.

In over 8 years. I should hope not. How many recent ones?

He is the best striker of a ball in the club - and that's why he takes the dead ball situations, unless you're another posters who thinks he takes them because he hasn't let any other manager, captain or player remove him from that responsibility. That's the discussion. You don't lose that technique, no matter what year it is.

For your memory - this year.

We'll struggle to shift all of those due to them either being rubbish or on big wages or a combination of the two.

Someone in L1 possibly our level might take a chance on Slew as he'd probably be quite cheap.

Who's going to want to pay MGP 50k a week based on his form of the last couple of years, he'd surely have to be willing to take a paycut.

Petrovic will probably get some interest from European clubs as he had a decent reputation before joining but he's hardly going to have made many take notice recently.

I think we'll end up letting most of them go for next to nothing just to help with the wage bill.

We'll struggle to shift all of those due to them either being rubbish or on big wages or a combination of the two.

Someone in L1 possibly our level might take a chance on Slew as he'd probably be quite cheap.

Who's going to want to pay MGP 50k a week based on his form of the last couple of years, he'd surely have to be willing to take a paycut.

Petrovic will probably get some interest from European clubs as he had a decent reputation before joining but he's hardly going to have made many take notice recently.

I think we'll end up letting most of them go for next to nothing just to help with the wage bill.

Good point

No one wanted him 2 years ago on a free, can't see anyone wanting him now on anything like the wages he's on now

He is the best striker of a ball in the club - and that's why he takes the dead ball situations, unless you're another posters who thinks he takes them because he hasn't let any other manager, captain or player remove him from that responsibility. That's the discussion. You don't lose that technique, no matter what year it is.

For your memory - this year.

I think he was, nowadays I don't see much difference between him and Dunn. As well as players like Rochina and Vukcevic I think, who took set pieces at old clubs who I would be more than happy to take up the reigns. It's not like he has lost the technique.....but he doesn't demonstrate it enough......hence his shocking and pathetic corners all season long.

And yea I remember the Arsenal one well.......how many did he take all season? Is scoring one of many enough to prove your point.....he used to score more than 1 every season and Bentley was near enough as good anyway........you can tell he has excellent technique from the volleys he has scored against Fulham and Wigan and that goal in the FA Cup which I think was against Luton but his set pieces on the whole are dire these days so why not try someone else.

And we shouldn't have someone in the team for his set pieces as it's almost like playing with 10 men at times due to his lack of offensive and defensive contribution, which many could write an essay on.

If Vukcevic is to get a bigger role this season I wouldn't worry about our free kicks if/when Pedersen leaves. And as other people have mentioned, Rochina possesses good set piece technique as well.

The only worry would be the lack of long throw-ins, some of his throw-ins did lead to goals.

If Vukcevic is to get a bigger role this season I wouldn't worry about our free kicks if/when Pedersen leaves. And as other people have mentioned, Rochina possesses good set piece technique as well.

The only worry would be the lack of long throw-ins, some of his throw-ins did lead to goals.

We can only hope, can't see it happening myself.

And yea I remember the Arsenal one well.......how many did he take all season? Is scoring one of many enough to prove your point.....

No, because how many he scores or otherwise isn't my point. Why has every manager he's played under, nominated him to take virtually all of our free kicks and corners? The only answer offered so far is because Peds wont allow anyone else to take them [for goodness sake], but the real answer can only be that they all thought he had the best quality.

No, because how many he scores or otherwise isn't my point. Why has every manager he's played under, nominated him to take virtually all of our free kicks and corners? The only answer offered so far is because Peds wont allow anyone else to take them [for goodness sake], but the real answer can only be that they all thought he had the best quality.

He took all the free-kicks in recent years because he was the best out of a bad bunch. Allardyce kept him in the side more because of his long throw ability. The quality of Pedersen's set pieces has degraded massively over the years.

I agree with DeadlyDirk, wanting to get rid of Pedersen and actually managing to do it is no easy task. I think he will end up staying as no club will match the wages we foolishly agreed to on his last contract.

Peds will be here in September. No club will pay a fee of him and Venky´s aren´t probably ready to release him. Even as a free agent he should take a wage cut. Petrovic has to be sold now or he will see his contract running out here. Another season on side would ruin his career also. Come on Greeks, snap him.

Slew won´t interest anyone I think. Why on earth had to Rovers bring him in on the last day of the window if he wasn´t even close to the first team. We were PL club then and he is useless in the Championship also. Well done Steve. Slew will be another Blackman I think.

We are bringing new faces in and it´s a hard task to get rid of unwanted players. We may have the most expensive squad ever on this level. Not getting up could mean another Pompey. Yet the clown is here as a so called manager. Not smart.

He took all the free-kicks in recent years because he was the best out of a bad bunch. Allardyce kept him in the side more because of his long throw ability. The quality of Pedersen's set pieces has degraded massively over the years.

I agree with DeadlyDirk, wanting to get rid of Pedersen and actually managing to do it is no easy task. I think he will end up staying as no club will match the wages we foolishly agreed to on his last contract.

Of course, if he was such a huge fan and a loyal Rover through and through, and if he was so irreplaceable to the club wouldn't both parties be pushing for a wage reduction? :rolleyes:

He's a mercenary like 99% of all modern footballers - can't believe people are fooled by the empty words on his blog. Vastly overpaid for increasingly meagre contributions on the pitch - said at the time we were stupid offering him such a lucrative contract and nothing he's done since has in any way justified it. Deadwood - get rid.

That's just a sweeping statement though that ignores his defensive "work" as well as all the misplaced passes he does in open play. And Nzonzi is over 6 foot and not all teams have tall players but they can still be a danger from set pieces.

Yes, maybe I should have said all the players who loved or were good at heading a ball have been removed or left the club.

MGP would be too good for the championship but if Kean is setting the team up with plodders hes no call for MGP to be picking them out on the field of play.

Of course, if he was such a huge fan and a loyal Rover through and through, and if he was so irreplaceable to the club wouldn't both parties be pushing for a wage reduction? :rolleyes:

He's a mercenary like 99% of all modern footballers - can't believe people are fooled by the empty words on his blog. Vastly overpaid for increasingly meagre contributions on the pitch - said at the time we were stupid offering him such a lucrative contract and nothing he's done since has in any way justified it. Deadwood - get rid.

Allardyce gave him the contract , I think ?

If he was still with us , I would still be a season ticket holder and looking forward to my 33rd consectutive season as one ...

Kean is the problem not Pedersen ok he maybe passed his best ...

The club cannot progress until kean is removed as manager !

He used to be good at them.......now under Kean I think his reputation precedes him......also maybe Kean wants to keep him happy or something as well, I dunno......the point is his direct free kicks aren't often on target and his corners nowadays are generally useless......the fact that he has the best technique at the club is pointless if we don't benefit from it.

He used to be good at them.......now under Kean I think his reputation precedes him......also maybe Kean wants to keep him happy or something as well, I dunno......

I've just given you two recent examples of how he's a good striker of a ball. There are loads of videos on youtube of Pedersen goals over the years which have been through excellent striking of the ball, and not all of them for rovers. It's a technique and something you don't lose. You seem to be limitting the discussion to free kicks and corners as well. He's our best striker of a ball - whether they're free kicks, corners, half volleys or volleys.

As for his corners being useless, well we'll just have to disagree on that one.

I wonder if Pedersen is more about his salary - personally I think he would have been an excellent player for us in the Championship. He covers midfield, left wing - and at a push left back - personally I think he will be like Emerton, in as far as we only realise his impact on the team when he is no longer at the club.

Nope, more to do with him openly disagreeing with the wee genius on the sidelines. I'll bet there is more in training to, another with Rovers genuinely close to his heart out the door.

I've just given you two recent examples of how he's a good striker of a ball. There are loads of videos on youtube of Pedersen goals over the years which have been through excellent striking of the ball, and not all of them for rovers. It's a technique and something you don't lose. You seem to be limitting the discussion to free kicks and corners as well. He's our best striker of a ball - whether they're free kicks, corners, half volleys or volleys.

As for his corners being useless, well we'll just have to disagree on that one.

2 recent examples is fine but I'm talking about on the whole....I agree that he hasn't lost the technique but surely you can't say his set pieces have been good recently....barring the ones from out wide that he whips in between the keeper and defenders.

He can be the best at the club at volleys and half-volleys but I prefer players who contribute in open play.......I thought the discussion was originally about his set pieces as surely we are all in agreement that he offers nothing in attack or defence.

All I can picture of his corners recently are him hitting the first man or the keeper comfortably claiming them......I don't expect us to be a goal threat all the time from set pieces but it is not nearly enough as we should be.

2 recent examples is fine but I'm talking about on the whole....I agree that he hasn't lost the technique but surely you can't say his set pieces have been good recently....barring the ones from out wide that he whips in between the keeper and defenders.

He can be the best at the club at volleys and half-volleys but I prefer players who contribute in open play.......I thought the discussion was originally about his set pieces as surely we are all in agreement that he offers nothing in attack or defence.

All I can picture of his corners recently are him hitting the first man or the keeper comfortably claiming them......I don't expect us to be a goal threat all the time from set pieces but it is not nearly enough as we should be.

We score a large percentage of our goals from set pieces. That's why it's important.

Is MGP better or worse than Lowe and Dunn in CM over a full season? The answer has to be better IMO, and that's why it's a decision based on money, not ability.

We score a large percentage of our goals from set pieces. That's why it's important.

Is MGP better or worse than Lowe and Dunn in CM over a full season? The answer has to be better IMO, and that's why it's a decision based on money, not ability.

I know it's important obviously, my point is I would rather have someone else taking them so we could potentially score more.

Lowe is a defensive midfielder so I would rather have him than Pedersen in the team.....Pedersen can only be played in CM along with 2 others and we should be trying to play 2 up top in as many games as possible next season imo with Rochina or Gomes playing off another striker.

I'd rather have Dunn than Pedersen in the squad but mostly played off a striker also......if Pedersen is leaving I imagine we will be replacing him so it would make sense in my opinion to get a high earner, who is one of the weakest in the squad in terms of contribution, off the wage bill providing an adequate replacement is brought in......but they would have to be pretty inadequate to be even as good as him.

Archived