BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Dickson Etuhu

We already know that he and Murphy can form a good partnership in central midfield. Very good signing if it comes off.

Partnerships in midfield are most important, like strikers and Central defenders, you work together, over the years, Metcalfe/Parkes, Tugay/Savage, Sherwood/Atko etc were great instances of this!!

Trying to remember who played in centre mid with Kendall, McKenzie was in a more advanced role I think? Help!!

Edited by Kelbo

Partnerships in midfield are most important, like strikers and Central defenders, you work together, over the years, Metcalfe/Parkes, Tugay/Savage, Sherwood/Atko etc were great instances of this!!

Trying to remember who played in centre mid with Kendall, McKenzie was in a more advanced role I think? Help!!

Mickey Speight in our promotion season, enhanced by the majestic Kevin Arnott later in the season - that is if memory isn't playing tricks on me!

Edited by Jim Royle

Solid and a better footballer than he's given credit for. Who is identifying targets this summer because they're a lot better than the tripe signed last summer?

This particular one is down to Danny Murphy putting pressure on Kean and Shebby. After a couple of friendlies, he's convinced that Etuhu would be a perfect fit.

Kean had long left fulham before they signed Etuhu. There is no link as far as I am aware

Hold my hands up on that.

Good to see Kean attracting players! :P

Absolutely perfect signing if it comes off. The missing piece of the jigsaw in midfield. He breaks up the play, can put his foot in and very disciplined in his role protecting the back four.

Very impressed.

High praise. Lets hope Dickson plays to your expectations.

As long as he can break up the opposition play and pass ten yards to another Rovers player, then he'll do for me. I'm afraid the team has declined so far that we're in the same position as when Hughes signed Mokoena. We need to tighten up our back line and having someone sitting in front of them with the sole intention of winning the ball back will be crucial. It was bloody well crucial last year too. The results of not addressing that are painfully obvious.

His use of the ball wasn't outstanding in the Premier League but he worked well with Murphy who was always good at finding space to receive a pass....if he's good enough for the Prem, he's good enough for the C'ship.

Anyway he is a defensive midfielder so I'm more concerned with whether or not he can put a tackle in.....as long as he isn't absolutely terrible at passing which Etuhu is not.

As long as he can break up the opposition play and pass ten yards to another Rovers player, then he'll do for me. I'm afraid the team has declined so far that we're in the same position as when Hughes signed Mokoena. We need to tighten up our back line and having someone sitting in front of them with the sole intention of winning the ball back will be crucial. It was bloody well crucial last year too. The results of not addressing that are painfully obvious.

Thats what Savage did, win it and give it Toogs, he did it so well!!

Popping back since you are after another of our players!

Etuhu was excellent next to Murphy whilst he was here and was a regular until this season. He often split opinions (no doubt you will have the 'he only makes 5 yard passes to Murphy argument on here soon enough) but he was part of Fulham's most successful team and was a crucial defensive player under Hodgson on our run to the Europa League final.

He is easily a Prem player so him and Murphy should boss the midfield in the championship. Quite a squad you are building here guys, looks like we might see you back in the Prem sooner than most thought (maybe with Murphy as manager!)