BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Diogo Rosado.

bypass06

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure most of them will speak some English(or find it easy to learn), its only us Brits that only speak 1 language in Europe, but you are right though he is building a little army of sycophants and i can imagine having a large clique of Portuguese players could make things awkward around brockhall with the non Portuguese.

It's all down to the individual on whether they actually want to try and learn English. I am sure there are some players who have played in England for some time and haven't bothered to learn a new language.

With so many players being signed from Portugal it's likely they were all recommended and are on the books of one agent. I would be interested to see when it comes out what we paid in agent fees, I assume the agent would get a cut on each transfer? I bet that we have paid more in agent fees than actual transfer fees for some if not all of them.

You can't rule out this idea that the coach is bringing in Portuguese players that will be loyal to him, it's the sort of move he would make to try and cement his position. At any other club I would ridicule the notion, but this is Rovers we are talking about.

If the players turn out to be crud it would go against kean big time(youd think!) but if at least 1or 2 turn out to be very good he will be labelled a genius(self titled of course) and yes im sure their will be an agent getting very rich out of these deals(but thats another matter).

I'm guessing it's the main reason gomes was bought in. The young players will no doubt have huge respect for a player of his stature. I'm sure it's helping us in negotiations that's for sure. They get to learn their trade in English football under a 'manager' who speaks Portuguese and playing alongside one of their countries finest ever players.

I'm guessing it's the main reason gomes was bought in. The young players will no doubt have huge respect for a player of his stature. I'm sure it's helping us in negotiations that's for sure. They get to learn their trade in English football under a 'manager' who speaks Portuguese and playing alongside one of their countries finest ever players.

Steve Kean?

:lol:

Obviously we have a massive difference of opinion in that you want players to learn their trade here whereas I want them to do the job and already have that necessary experience already.

By the way what can Steve Kean show them.

This guy looks very good. But let's hope these Portuguese guys all have strong talent.

From the limited bits I have seen in pre-season - they look nothing more than promising. I just hope that we haven't paid huge wages or huge agent fees - they are all seem worth a gamble - but none appear the finished article.

According to his stats on Wikipedia he's been at Sporting since 2000 as a youth player signed as a senior player in 2009 and has never played a game for them. So no big hopes for this player. People should not get excited by videos on the internet am sure in some videos Emile Heskey is made to look as skillful as Messi, as fast as Theo Walcott with the goalscoring ability of Pele in his prime.

According to his stats on Wikipedia he's been at Sporting since 2000 as a youth player signed as a senior player in 2009 and has never played a game for them. So no big hopes for this player. People should not get excited by videos on the internet am sure in some videos Emile Heskey is made to look as skillful as Messi, as fast as Theo Walcott with the goalscoring ability of Pele in his prime.

Ha actually i recently watched a video on you tube that made it look like heskey was one of the best players in the world.

Not getting a game for the one of the best teams in Portugal doesn't necessarily mean you aren't good enough for the Championship. I agree with you about the videos though.

Even on the video some of his passes went astray, was just well cut.

Apart from the fact they are cheap, why are we suddenly a haven for portugese kids? Very strange.

According to LT: Passed his medical on Friday and is expected to sign soon.

That leaves us with many alternatives as attacking mid / second-striker: Dunn, Rochina, Nunes, Formica, Rosaro. How Nunes, and Rosaro are up to the task I have no idea.

According to LT: Passed his medical on Friday and is expected to sign soon.

That leaves us with many alternatives as attacking mid / second-striker: Dunn, Rochina, Nunes, Formica, Rosaro. How Nunes, and Rosaro are up to the task I have no idea.

Been thinking about our attacking midfield/second striker options and we have a ridiculous amount. God knows how we're going to juggle them all.

Archived