BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Diogo Rosado.

bypass06

He looks like a skinny, slightly quicker Rochina. I don't expect much of a first team impact from this fella. He didnt touch the ball with his right foot once on that video, which means Kean will stick him on the right wing. Worse, if he wasn't portugese, would Kean even consider signing him?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks like a skinny, slightly quicker Rochina. I don't expect much of a first team impact from this fella. He didnt touch the ball with his right foot once on that video, which means Kean will stick him on the right wing. Worse, if he wasn't portugese, would Kean even consider signing him?

No, to your last question, probably not. Doubt Kean has any say in these lads coming in any way. Someone else is pushing them his way and he hasn't the balls to tell 'em "no".

Just watched that video - those were "highlights"?

No, to your last question, probably not. Doubt Kean has any say in these lads coming in any way. Someone else is pushing them his way and he hasn't the balls to tell 'em "no".

Just watched that video - those were "highlights"?

I'm inclined to agree, my favourite 'highlight' from that vid was the bit where nothing happened

I really don't get what's going on with transfers no. It sounde dlike Murphy and Best where Kean buys and it was as though he was going to get final say on transfers this time....then as soon as Nuno Gomes rocked up it it's all been Shebby as far as I can see.

Not sure it really matters anymore. Although Murphy is a decent buy we can't judge Best til february at the earliest now, and we all know Kean is a right royal plank so to be comfortable with him having any say on transfers was never likely. However, Shebby despite saying a lot of nice things and seemingly a bit more caring from my point of view is also mostly a prat. No winner here.

Hopefully the latest 'Kean has 6 games to save his job' rumour doing the rounds this morning is true and after a dismal start we bring in someone who knows what they're doing and gets us up the table ASAP followed by an amazing promotion...after 18 months of Steve Kean I feel like its the very least we deserve :P

I have a theory about these portugese attacking midfielders. Pretty simple really. It seems to me that we are signing masses of these types in the hope we stumble accross the next Moutinho (as an example). An attacking midfielder / play maker with an exotic name puts £5m-£10m on a transfer fee. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they all have sky high release clauses ala Portugese football and if we hit the jackpot with one then we can protect our investment. Chances are most will fade away having made no impact at all, but that won't deter the policy.

On the podcast Kamy mentioned that he believed that all of the Portuguese players shared the same agent.

"Believed" is a strange term. Can it not be proved that they have the same agent ?

I agree with those that feel the Portuguese players are worth the gamble (from an investment point of view - to sell on for a big profit), and that most will probably fade away.

"Believed" is a strange term. Can it not be proved that they have the same agent ?

I agree with those that feel the Portuguese players are worth the gamble (from an investment point of view - to sell on for a big profit), and that most will probably fade away.

Worth a gamble? That gamble could relegate us again**

I really don't get what's going on with transfers no. It sounde dlike Murphy and Best where Kean buys and it was as though he was going to get final say on transfers this time....then as soon as Nuno Gomes rocked up it it's all been Shebby as far as I can see.

And exactly what evidence is there for any of that?

I would argue that Rochina and Vukcevic(especially) would have come good last season if Kean played them in their natural position AND regularly.

Vukcevic actually did a good job when he was on the pitch. Good knows why he was left out for the majority of the season. Some mentioned that it was due to contractual issues.

Kean loves to sign offensive midfielders. Has he even looked to our defence? How is he going to be able to test them all before the start of the season? We ought to have a few additional friendlies..

On the podcast Kamy mentioned that he believed that all of the Portuguese players shared the same agent.

I think Cryer said he thought they were as well. Strange because you'd think that would be easy to find out....which means that maybe it has been hidden.

Am I right on saying the highest team he has played for got relegated with the second worst team in the Portugese top flight? So is it fitting that he join the second worst team of last season in the English top flight? I really think this guy will be a waste of wages.

Doesn't really matter if the team he played for got relegated. Yakubu, Hoilett, Olsson, Nzonzi, Matt Jarvis, Steven Fletcher, Mark Davies, Giuseppe Rossi, Marcos Senna, Borja Valero, Nilmar and Podolski were all relegated last season.

I think it can sometimes be difficult with some of these lesser known players, particularly as more than one agent may be involved in bringing them to England.

Well let's hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later Eddie. We're down to just 15* midfield players at the moment. All we need is something like the bubonic plague and we'll be in a right old mess. Hopefully we'll get that Turkish fella in as well, just for a bit of cover.

* approx, i've tried to work out the exact number, I think it's beyond human comprehension and fluctuates hourly.

Well let's hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later Eddie. We're down to just 15* midfield players at the moment. All we need is something like the bubonic plague and we'll be in a right old mess. Hopefully we'll get that Turkish fella in as well, just for a bit of cover.

* approx, i've tried to work out the exact number, I think it's beyond human comprehension and fluctuates hourly.

Bob, I wish you'd do your comedy reports etc on here again.

Archived