BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Diogo Rosado.

bypass06

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure I've just seen this guy walking down Bolton Rd with a shorter, older bloke who I assume must be his agent.

He was wearing a denim shirt and jeans, Quite tall, looked like a modern day footballer, Earings/Spiky hair.

Was the older bloke a little portly by any chance?

No need for that at all. I just give every player a chance before they play, what would be good about slating someone before seeing them play? If they are poor then I have no problem saying so. Maybe I'm a nice person who wants to see players do well rather than having a negative attitude. It's the way I've been brought up.

sorry fella, my post was only meant in a light hearted way.

Yeah I think he was wearing a black shirt. If its not him then the guy who he was with looked a lot like a footballer.

I think these two may have been sat at the back of the stand against Chorley. Thought it was him at the time but wasn't prepared to act like a weirdo for confirmation.

Hmmm..... at least one of these portuguese lads has to be half decent. Surely, I mean just statistically....?

Whether they can cut it in a physical league and under guidance from Kean is the major issue but it bodes pretty well imo that most of them are, or were, in Portugal's youth squads....doesn't mean everything obviously but they clearly are talented enough to make the youth teams of one of the world's best footballing nations.

Hmmm..... at least one of these portuguese lads has to be half decent. Surely, I mean just statistically....?

Sadly it ain't necessarily so Joey. The amount of mediocrity we have added to our squad in recent times is pretty amazing really. Most of these players arrived with some level of optimism or endorsement from board members - until reality hit home when they ran onto the pitch.

As always, I too am hoping for the best!

I commented at the start of this thread that I'd heard his name before as he'd been linked to bigger clubs. As someone else said you have to have something about you to captain Portugal Under 21's. I'm more confident of him being a success than any of our other Portugeuse youngsters.

If by definitely you mean confirmed by the official site, no. Sandomierski nor Henrique either. But I assume yesterday was a busy day with Rhodes and these three weren't so high in the priority list to be confirmed.

Nunes has showed some promise(fairly fast, skillfull,, decent crosser, doesn't mind tracking back and defending), considering his age, lack of 1st team football, he's only just moved to the country and prob never watched a game of english championship football in his life, Edininho on the other hand has looked pathetic and lacking in any stand out physical or footballing attributes what so-ever.

It's about the League though not the cup.....we were good when we beat an unbeaten Newcastle were we not? It's about how our players perform in the league imo.

Nunes was awful at MK Dons, slow, couldn't beat a player and gave the ball away far too often. Are you telling me that because it's a League game he suddenly becomes brilliant and then switches off for cup games? The lad may become a decent player in time but at the moment he is struggling with the pace of English football and he's certainly not my idea of a flying winger.

The problem with our young players from Portugal is that it is going to take time to adjust to the way we play the game in this country. Formica and Rochina have been here 18 months and are still totally ineffective.

Actually, Nunes was just as awful as Edinho against MK Dons...utterly ineffectual.

Didnt see the full mk dons game but from these highlights http://www1.skysport...ch/273454/video nunes put a chance on a plate for ediniho in the 1st halve(which ediniho passed to their keeper!) and then in the 2nd halve it was nunes cross from the left that goodwillie scored from!!!, So i dont know where your coming from with your comment, when he was clearly 1 of the better of performers on the night(he created chances, which is what a wingers payed to do, anything else is a bonus!). I watched him at the hull game and he showed enough quality for me to think he could become a very decent player for us, he's a raw talent and that's not helped by the pathetic tactics employed by the manager where none of the midfielders&wide players no what there main role is or what zone of the pitch is theirs, there just getting pushed and pulled all out of position and having the game dictated to them by the opponents for the majority of games(just like the all of last season).

Nunes was awful at MK Dons, slow, couldn't beat a player and gave the ball away far too often. Are you telling me that because it's a League game he suddenly becomes brilliant and then switches off for cup games? The lad may become a decent player in time but at the moment he is struggling with the pace of English football and he's certainly not my idea of a flying winger.

The problem with our young players from Portugal is that it is going to take time to adjust to the way we play the game in this country. Formica and Rochina have been here 18 months and are still totally ineffective.

I'm not saying he's brilliant rather that if a player had been bad in the League, but good in the cups, I would be like, yea but he's bad in the League...basically I'm only concerned with how players play in the League personally.......before anyone mentions Goodwillie, he was played in his proper position in the cups so it's different......my point is I don't agree with the sentiments that Vukcevic, Rochina and Nunes shouldn't be given a chance in the league because they didn't perform in a cup game where the whole team played badly.

Of course he's getting used to the league and the pace of it.....it will probably about 6 months before he does.....this is the problem with buying foreign players but he's here now so we might as well try and get the best out of him.....but Nunes needs game-time for it to happen, Petrovic had some ability but couldn't get used to the pace of the league from the bench.

Also I don't agree with Rochina being ineffective....we create almost nothing without him, with him he wastes possession most of the time....but not all of the time and therefore we create more when his is on.....Rhodes need service and Rochina would be great behind him using his vision to play balls through the middle.

Our squad will be unrecognisable from the one Kean inherited. I don't think that's accidental.

Kean wants a squad that's dependent on him and won't speak out about how crap he is.

...and therefore, what does that say about the "heroes" that have been there since before his appointment and remain there?

Robinson? Dunn? Pedersen?

Archived