BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Kazim-Richards

den

I had my doubts about Kazim-Richards but a lot of people seem to think he will be really good so maybe he is worth a shot.

I don't think anyone on here really knows too much about him to be fair.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly i'm amazed he's still only 25 (or 23 depending on which paragraph of the LT story you read). I think he'll do just fine for us if he's used out wide. He's not even close to being a suitable replacement for Best. His game, if i recall, is all about facing the opposition goal, making runs in behind and i doubt his credentials when it comes to putting himself about and bringing others into the game. If he's played out wide he could do a job. However, i think that his arrival will ultimately spell the end for Vukevic. Can't see them both in the same team unfortunately. Shame, because of the two i think i'd prefer Vukevic to be honest.

Firstly i'm amazed he's still only 25 (or 23 depending on which paragraph of the LT story you read). I think he'll do just fine for us if he's used out wide. He's not even close to being a suitable replacement for Best. His game, if i recall, is all about facing the opposition goal, making runs in behind and i doubt his credentials when it comes to putting himself about and bringing others into the game. If he's played out wide he could do a job. However, i think that his arrival will ultimately spell the end for Vukevic. Can't see them both in the same team unfortunately. Shame, because of the two i think i'd prefer Vukevic to be honest.

That's what I recall about him also.....I highly doubt he has been signed to lead the line......I'm hoping whoever is in charge of transfers has clocked that Vukcevic is the only one of our players who can play out wide so Richards has come in to provide back-up and competition.

Richards can play on the left though so maybe they can both play in the same team....then with Etuhu and Murphy in the middle and Rochina or Formica playing off hopefully Rhodes, if not someone else, and we would have a strong front 6 on paper....we all know what the real issue is though and it wouldn't matter much if we had an unbelievable team on paper.

I've only seen him about 4 times as a lot was made of him when England didn't qualify and he was the only Englishman in a tourney a while back and he didn't have 1 good game. That's all I can judge him from

His goal scoring record is awful on wiki

I've only seen him about 4 times as a lot was made of him when England didn't qualify and he was the only Englishman in a tourney a while back and he didn't have 1 good game. That's all I can judge him from

His goal scoring record is awful on wiki

Yeah i flagged that up but apparently his main position is on the wing. He would fill the gap Junior recently left apparently

for those interested:

From that video...pretty quick, fast feet too...but seems to be greedy and rash. Wasteful with the final ball, not enough end product. Course, that appears to be all from just one game.

From that video...pretty quick, fast feet too...but seems to be greedy and rash. Wasteful with the final ball, not enough end product. Course, that appears to be all from just one game.

It's a fair point but remember: pretty quick, fast feet, unselfish, composed, consistently decent final ball and good end product wouldn't want to sign for us in the Championship. That's players like Santi Cazorla who's just gone to Arsenal......what you described are players like Zaha and maybe even Hoilett as well. Ones round about, possibly higher, than our level.

It's a fair point but remember: pretty quick, fast feet, unselfish, composed, consistently decent final ball and good end product wouldn't want to sign for us in the Championship. That's players like Santi Cazorla who's just gone to Arsenal......what you described are players like Zaha and maybe even Hoilett as well. Ones round about, possibly higher, than our level.

Fair enough, but it just depends how consistently awful his final ball and selfishness is. Can't judge that from one game's highlights. I would take someone who dazzles less but delivers more, as a general principle. The dazzlers often command fees, wages and hype in excess of their factual contribution to matches. But I'm happy to wait and see. You don't get 35 caps for Turkey by 25 years old if you're a...well, turkey.

Archived