BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Kazim-Richards

den

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in the closing minutes the 25-year-old Turkey international pulled up with a knee injury, meaning Portuguese veteran Nuno Gomes could be Kean's only available senior striker for the visit of Leicester on Saturday.

"He felt a little strain just on the outside of his knee, so hopefully that won't be a bad one because the last thing we would want is another injury to the strikers," said Rovers boss Kean.

:mellow:

But in the closing minutes the 25-year-old Turkey international pulled up with a knee injury, meaning Portuguese veteran Nuno Gomes could be Kean's only available senior striker for the visit of Leicester on Saturday.

Are we not classing Rochina and Goodwillie as senior strikers anymore?

Sounds bad but Kazim getting a minor injury could just push V's into getting a striker in a bit quicker, we need replacements and fast.

Lets hope we've already settled a price for him in case his goalscoring form continues. And not have to pay over the odds for him.

Like we did with Jermaine Jones?, It's Venkys I wouldn't count on it...

If Kazim is getting it scanned then there must be some genuine concern. If the outside of the knee, the way it happened, followed by some swelling, then it is highly likely there could be some damage to the lateral meniscus (cartilige) - if that's the case, you are looking at a minimum of 4 weeks out.

"He felt a little strain just on the outside of his knee, so hopefully that won't be a bad one because the last thing we would want is another injury to the strikers," said Rovers boss Kean.

:mellow:

Sounds like Kean's medical knowledge is even less than his football knowledge !!!

Confirmed out for 6 weeks, new striker now imperative. What's the betting Rhodes money has to go even higher, walk away, sign Guidetti and try for Sharp.

we need 2 strikers now. Rhodes transfer should have been sorted wks ago. we have spend 4 weeks on the Rhodes transfer and got nowhere!

I still think Goodwillie could score goals at this level if given a run in the team. We definitely need one more striker though.

I'm not even sure if we should be chucking big money around. Billy Sharp would be perfect and not too expensive, then get someone in on loan. There are players out there who we could get.

Am I right in thinking that the loan window for championship clubs is different to the normal transfer window??? or am I mistaken on that.

Fair comment on the loan signings, it's worth reminding ourselves that the transfer window closing is when loans are arranged into the lower leagues from PL clubs. They know what squad they have at that point and move players out.

Goodwillie should be capable of being an asset in the Championship but he needs to be fit and hungry - and - rated enough to at least make the bench!

If you were in Rovers' shoes and negotiating for an additional striker or two, you would be 'playing down' Kazim's injury otherwise other clubs will smell some desperation and up will go the prices / fees etc.

Would not surprise me at all if we do not see Kazim for 6 weeks.

Archived