BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Colin Kazim-Richards

den

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the Lancashire Telegraph, the Venkys have given Appleton the green light to sign Colin Kazim-Richards permanently if he wants to. I got this off Ewood Park's Finest Reloaded.

Surely Appleton will need to shift someone like Vukcevic/Dunn/Goodwillie first? Too many players in CKR's position at the moment.

Think he's been brilliant this season. Would be gutted to see him leave.

In my opinion he has been one of our most inconsistent players. On his day he can win games and be inspirational and other games a passenger and liability.

• Moderation Lead
In my opinion he has been one of our most inconsistent players. On his day he can win games and be inspirational and other games a passenger and liability.

Thing is though, when he's been good, he's been very good (IMO of course). He has had the odd bad game I concede though!!

This the feller everybody wanted out because he missed a penalty, isn't it?

Said right then he's capable of putting in some good performances and it'd be stupid to freeze him out.

I do agree that he is inconsistent though and so it's unwise to get carried away with him. I find my original analysis at the time he missed penalty to be the one I would stick with personally. Certainly a player I'd like to have in the squad, more often than not starting, dependant on form. He can bag goals, be a handful and shows genuine passion here and there, but he can sometimes be non-existent or likely to pick up cards.

I don't know what's actually go on with him. Pretty sure nobody else does for certain, though may have inklings.

One thing I do know is that we all have the ability to speculate wildly.

Let's do that!

(disclaimer: no harm in doing this of course, but can people at least try not to take any suggestions on here as fact as soon as a hypothesis becomes ever so slightly plausible - I'm sure we'll find out about it soon enough)

Does anyone else think it could be his agent trying to back Rovers into a corner - so they have to buy or lose him ? IMO we shouldnt buy him at the moment - but would be happy for his loan to continue.

Probably more a case of his agent looking to line his own pockets ( surprise, surprise ).

My theory is that CKR was unhappy at Rovers during Berg's tenure and instructed his agent to put the feelers out with this being the result.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Taken from BBC site

Meanwhile, managing director Derek Shaw has confirmed that on-loan striker Colin Kazim-Richards will not be returning to Ewood Park next season, and that the club are in talks with experienced midfielder David Dunn over a new deal.

"We're in discussions with David's representatives to try to resolve something with David, but Colin's gone back [to Galatasaray]," said Shaw.

"Colin did fine for us, but he's highly paid. He's on Premier League money and we've got to trim the budget."

Taken from BBC site

Meanwhile, managing director Derek Shaw has confirmed that on-loan striker Colin Kazim-Richards will not be returning to Ewood Park next season, and that the club are in talks with experienced midfielder David Dunn over a new deal.

"We're in discussions with David's representatives to try to resolve something with David, but Colin's gone back [to Galatasaray]," said Shaw.

"Colin did fine for us, but he's highly paid. He's on Premier League money and we've got to trim the budget."

Premier League money for Championship ability. That fits in well with the business model that the three stooges and clueless Indians work to.

When Richards didn't play we really struggled to keep the ball up top. The ball stuck to him when it was played out and gave us chance to get our shape back.

The only problem is his attitude.

With all these changes, we've just got to hope the cards falls on our favour.

Had an excellent debut at Ipswich last August, lots of ability and he made a big difference for us in a few games. Disappointing to see him go - if he can steer clear of injury and mature into a better character he will score alot of goals for someone.

Archived