BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs NEC Nijmegen

I know it's a bit late notice but tommorrow's pre-season game against N.E.C Nijmegen is live on 3 foreign channels.

I have had it confirmed the Famous 3 kings in West Kensington will be showing the game live from 1.30 in the afternoon.

I was wondering are there any rovers fans in London fancy meeting up for a drink?.

The place is located in West Kensington the pub is just outside the station they also do lunch in there.

It could turn out a good omen as the last time I was in there we were playing Burnley when they were in the prem. when we beat them up at ewood I was in there with a few brfcs members including the famous philipl!.

soz mods in advance if there is a problem with the post just thought it would be good to meet up wiv London rovers fans to drown our sorrows after our poor pre-season so far.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Dutch Press they are reporting that a group of Rovers fans were attacked on Saturday evening in Deventer by Go Ahead Eagles "Fans". The Mayor of Nijmegen was worried that the same thing would happen this afternoon and as it is a "family day" in Nijmegen where they were expecting 8,000 supporters and there is a separate event for about 500 children, he consulted with the police and "intelligence" suggested that violence could not be ruled out (presumably) from the Nijmegen hooligans ? He decided to call off the game.

They are also reporting that a group of Rovers fans were also attacked last night in Nijmegen.

Sadly, This sort of thing is quite common in Holland, it's a bit like it used to be in the UK in the 60's and 70's.

We were at the game in Deventer on Friday and there were about 50 with an average age of 40 - 50.

Archived