BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs NEC Nijmegen

So when he is questioned by the media about this specific incident (because this is what I am referring to - not things that have gone on in the past) he is supposed to say nothing. Personally I could see nothing wrong with the comments he made - and people who can are just looking to create trouble - but that is just my opinion.

I agree that this particular quote there's not much to it but a leopard doesn't change it's spots. Lets hope in his new age of "transparency " he's as chatty when his mates slander case is over, after all this comes under the remit of director of operations.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ever since your non event of stirring up conspiracy theories with no factual basis and then moving to the darwen end because even your long standing 'friends' couldn't stand you in the bbe... you have become a bore.

You failed and yet here you are still trying to stir the ch@t... I am not really sure why as any credibility you built last season has long been eroded.

The sorry thing is that a large number of real supporters bought what you said and have stayed away this season whilst you will be in anonymity of the darwen end

Your hypocrisy makes me sick.

So supporters are staying away, on the say-so of Glen Mullan,

The reality is, they are staying away, due to the shambolic way this club is being run.

Personally, I think that Glen, Mark, & The Committee of the Action Group,

are doing a great job,

We couldn't even muster 80 lads for the games against Burnley, let alone travel to Holland for a battle, the story is complete and utter nonsense. I'm not blaming Agnew for this one, but if the idiot doesn't even attempt to clear the name of the club/fans he'll once again be accountable.

These sorts of stories often hit the press during the 80’s and 90’s, journalists with over active imaginations and local officials looking to blame outside influences for the trouble. The full story probably won’t come out, but you can guarantee that this trouble had nothing to do with a firm of 80 Blackburn fans.

To be fair the story on the Club Website has now changed (although being posted today it still appears down the headlines). Paul Agnew now says...

"The full facts remain unclear, but it would seem very wrong for anyone to point the finger of blame at our fans at this stage"

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2872666,00.html

Maybe they will go all out and offer refunds for those that travelled. Okay maybe too far, but credit to Agnew for adding the lines to the article. If only they could go around the newspapers and correct all their stories for them.

The statement on the official site from Paul Agnew is more than reasonable.

The way the papers have put the other quotes seems to have implied that Rovers fans have been blamed. I've no problem at all with Paul Agnew saying that IF rovers fans are found to have caused this, then action will be taken.

Where i'm less impressed that is that if there was information in advance that there could be trouble, then under John Newshams stewardship we would have been issued with some travel advice, and certainly ourselves wouldnt have worn colours to the Deventer match.

So was there any trouble on the levels talked about Ste?

The number of people who have collared me today about "80 rioting Rovers fans" is galling.

Link to the local news programme on Dutch TV.

Some photos from outside NEC and also Hoenderlo with Rovers fans looking over the fence and up the tree.

http://www.omroepgel...pen-7-dagen.htm

click on Zondag and then TV Nieuws 18.00

The chairman of NEC says that a group of 30 NEC fans were "searching" for Rovers fans and attacked 6 of them.

He understood that the NEC fans would also be looking for trouble on the Sunday and that was the reason for calling off the game. There is also a mention about the two Rovers fans getting into trouble in Arnhem on Saturday night.

So was there any trouble on the levels talked about Ste?

The number of people who have collared me today about "80 rioting Rovers fans" is galling.

Not at all. I'll write it up in detail later. I think this was a preventative measure to protect us strangely enough.

i was in holland and i was in deventer square when the treouble kicked off.

Basically the dutch lads were offering fights to our lkittle group of 7 guys n 1 girl when told we was here to enjoythe football and beer they walked away.

Slightly later they decided to run over and take the flag a group of rovers fans had hung up.

They then came in hoards 60 eagles fans and just 10 rovers fanms. They threw bottles and chairs at us and we had to stand there all in all not great.

Then the same idiots from eagles decided to start on just 5 rovers fans in a bar agains throwing chairs and tables at them. Nothignmore nothing less blown way out of proprtion.

Nijmegen 5 rovers fans different ones sat outside in a bar when 60 nijmegen fans attacked them 1 was taken to hospital for head injuiry. Hence the game was called off more for the fatc that they said would be same before and after the match.

SO dont believe everything you read in the papers and on the net because half of it is pure crap.

Ste B was nice to meet u btw !

trolling mode, I see.

Just because you don't agree with the sentiment doesn't mean it is "trolling". Following Rovers home and especially away I can assure you that in this post-hooligan era there is still a hardcore group of Rovers fans that enjoy a spot "trouble" given the chance. Stupid Rovers fans may or may not have been to blame in Holland, but they certainly exist.

Just because you don't agree with the sentiment doesn't mean it is "trolling". Following Rovers home and especially away I can assure you that in this post-hooligan era there is still a hardcore group of Rovers fans that enjoy a spot "trouble" given the chance. Stupid Rovers fans may or may not have been to blame in Holland, but they certainly exist.

They certainly do, but as someone who follows the club away, you should also know that the kind of folk that go to pre season tours are some of our very 'best' , upstanding fans, not boozed up hordes piching up at Wigan away.

Talk of 'life bans' was a little OTT, epseically as you had no evidence of wrongdoing.

They certainly do, but as someone who follows the club away, you should also know that the kind of folk that go to pre season tours are some of our very 'best' , upstanding fans, not boozed up hordes piching up at Wigan away.

Talk of 'life bans' was a little OTT, epseically as you had no evidence of wrongdoing.

The principle of any fan caught and convicted of causing trouble at any match should be banned for life in my opinion.

Sorry Barry but you are a tool if you think that after 42 years of following Rovers I am staying away because of the efforts of Glen and the rest of the fans with the club in their hearts. Its very simple, the fans are staying away because of the shoddy management of our great club, the inept idiot in charge as manager and the foolish employment of Agnew and Shaw NOT to mention the fine business acumen shonw by our owners.

GET IT ?

The Dutch are hardly likely to blame their own are they ? As a stand point it is common knowledge that The Dutch fans are the most notorious for trouble making along with the eastern Euro teams.

However like the French and the Italians they are just cowards, 60 - 5 just about sums up how cowardly they are.

Most of the pitch invaders at the end of the wigan game werent protesting(even if thats what their little brains where telling them), they where mostly just local numpties, if they really wanted to protest on the pitch in a more thoughtfull manner they should have just sat in and around the centre circle and refused to budge.

Archived