BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sponsor?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Charles Sale writing in the Daily Mail yesterday -

'Blackburn Rovers, who have not yet found a shirt sponsor this season, will further alienate their dwindling number of fans if they approve a proposal to put their unloved Indian ownership company Venky's name on the kit'.

PLEASE - GOD - NO!!!! :(

I think it was this thread I posted on after our last home match about how quickly the WEC Branding had been pulled from the Darwen End yet advertising boards that had been up years like "107 The Bee" with their old logo still remained. I noticed tonight that these boards have now also been removed.

Is there any update on any of the shirt or stand sponsorships yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I know Kean has only just gone and the outcome of the search for "a new manager/or if we already have one" is still an unknown but...

• Has anybody got any news on whether we will be getting a main sponsor or actively looking to attract one with the news of the dismissal of Steve Kean.
  • Have any sponsors agreed to return on boarding etc?
  • Has any corporate boxes been taken up?
  • How many season tickets have currently now been sold?
  • Have Rovers considered opening up any of the closed catering etc../take staff back on.

I know its early days but-they really need to be decisive on this and grasp the positive!!

I know Kean has only just gone and the outcome of the search for "a new manager/or if we already have one" is still an unknown but...

• Has anybody got any news on whether we will be getting a main sponsor or actively looking to attract one with the news of the dismissal of Steve Kean.
  • Have any sponsors agreed to return on boarding etc?
  • Has any corporate boxes been taken up?
  • How many season tickets have currently now been sold?
  • Have Rovers considered opening up any of the closed catering etc../take staff back on.

I know its early days but-they really need to be decisive on this and grasp the positive!!

Everyone is waiting for the next move. If it's a flop we won't have regained any ground whatsoever. Getting rid of Kean was a start, but the next moves are just as critical, IMHO.

Everyone is waiting for the next move. If it's a flop we won't have regained any ground whatsoever. Getting rid of Kean was a start, but the next moves are just as critical, IMHO.

Thanks for the insightful comment Danlad-i'm sure people are working on getting a sponser and Glen hinted he knew who had been lined up etc...in the week leading the Kean's sacking.

I was wondering if anybody from the club was being more pro-active based upon the sacking etc... As for everybody waiting clearly some season tickets have been sold on the back of Keans sacking etc so clearly thats not everybody. Not a helpful post, and although yes a majority are still waiting its probably time to get behind the club. Your personal opinion and a large number of others does not constitute everybody!!

Archived