BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley away on Wednesday

Finished 3-2 to the Rovers, a bit of a run out but not taken seriously enough to really make it a stroll. Jansen had a blast from a free kick which was tipped over by Kean which could have been an equaliser. Vukevic looked ok and Pedersen worked hard, Hanley looked like he was the only defender at times who was up to the job.

The grass was a bit long and that held the ball up which didn't aid passing but Rochina was caught in possession a bit too many times.

Lots of work needed before Ipswich!

I'm sure a proper match report will appear at some point but a few observations:

Kean - Ok, couple of decent saves.

Hanley - Solid enough

O'Connor - I'm not going to try to judge his defensive ability on this showing; looks comfortable enough with the ball; not as 'built' as Hanley or Jones were at his age (or Edwards) so needs to be able to read the game well

Orr - started at left back, moved to right back second half, meh

Henley - Ok first half at RB, got forward on occasions, less effective on the right of midfield second half; I personally would be reasonably comfortable with him playing a more prominent role this season

Pedersen - played centrally, you know what you are going to get - a few neat touches, some frustrating passing/dawdling

Rochina - was in the middle with Pedersen for some reason, still not using the ball well enough, should be playing where Dunn was.

Vukcevic - looked pretty good to me, should probably be a starter

Morris - didn't do a lot first half, looked better from left back in second, got forward reasonably well from there. Not sure he is good enough.

Dunn - just the usual really, took his goal well

Goodwillie - looks quite chunky, hard to tell if that is fitness or just the way he is built. Caught offside a few times first half. Not really suited to being the focal point of the attack, needs someone to play off.

Subs

O'Sullivan - didn't do a great deal

R. Hanley - works hard but would get bullied off the ball too much if he played centrally for the first team

Edinho - harsh to judge him on one performance but there doesn't seem to be anything standout there. Not big, not particularly pacey, a few neat touches but nothing more. From what I have seen Haley and Payne are better

Fernandez - like the look of him from the few matches I have seen, technically proficient

Daly - hard to make any comment really

Osawe - looked dangerous, has good pace. Possibly not an out and out centre forward from what I have seen but decent potential

A few peripheral things - I think some relatives of Adam Henley were sat behind me judging from what they were talking about. A few of the other reserves/youth team were there (Dilo, Urwin, Wylie, O'Connell and Hands) but seemed to have driven themselves there. I could hear some 'foreign' being spoken at the back of the stand, where there was a heavy-set 'Mediterranean' gentleman with a younger (early 20s maybe) guy.

On edge of centre circle!!

Kean didnt bother taking his hands out of his pockets to clap it.

We're looking average!!

Was Kean definitely there? I was behind the dugout so couldn't see who was in it. Saw Hendry and Brunskill and there was a short bald bloke but he had little glasses on.

Was Kean definitely there? I was behind the dugout so couldn't see who was in it. Saw Hendry and Brunskill and there was a short bald bloke but he had little glasses on.

Kean was in the dugout in a suit. The game had been reclassified as a first team friendly which is why Gary and the younger lads were watching from the terraces.

For me Vukcevic was our best player, I still don't understand why he didn't play much last season.

Goodwillie despite his goal was our worst player - didn't look out of place at that level. He's just looks so unfit and his running is terrible, if we go into the season with him as our loan striker we'll be in trouble.

For me Vukcevic was our best player, I still don't understand why he didn't play much last season.

Goodwillie despite his goal was our worst player - didn't look out of place at that level. He's just looks so unfit and his running is terrible, if we go into the season with him as our loan striker we'll be in trouble.

Didn't he run off to a local monastery for a while, and was brought to training by monks? :lol:

Thats has to be one of the best rumours ever, up there with Matt Jansen going out with H from Steps and Ray Wilkins buying a house in Wilpshire.

Didn't he run off to a local monastery for a while, and was brought to training by monks? :lol:

Thats has to be one of the best rumours ever, up there with Matt Jansen going out with H from Steps and Ray Wilkins buying a house in Wilpshire.

im pretty sure this is actually true! monks do all his personal business for him and are basicaly his "minders". Hes a bit of a nut job if you ask me! Ive heard his only friends are "his family and god"

Just a silly question:could he be our loan striker?

Vukcevic was the stand-out player for me. He was good on the ball, set up Goodeillie and had a physical side to his game that stopped him being pushed off the ball. Needs a run in the first team now.

Mind you I'm a bit biased, last season I got his name on my shirt so I'm desperate to see him succeed!

Vukcevic was the stand-out player for me. He was good on the ball, set up Goodeillie and had a physical side to his game that stopped him being pushed off the ball. Needs a run in the first team now.

Mind you I'm a bit biased, last season I got his name on my shirt so I'm desperate to see him succeed!

i'm with you on that. Although I don't have his name printed on my shirt, I always buy him on football manager where he is a great player.

Archived