BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is David Dunn blue and white?

Man of the Match last night against Chorley, looked quite good at that level :blink:

Did he look fit and up for it ?

As someone else mentioned; David Dunn was one of our better players under Sam. If we think about NONE of our players have performed under Kean. How I long to get rid of that guy.

Guest Rovers4Good

If he was Rovers through and through he would stand up against the turds who have ruined Rovers...Kean, Venkys, Anderson etc. instead he sold his soul, for a few more pieces of silver. If he hasn't secured his future despite all the millions he has made from his home town club then he is a moron, and why would we employ a dumb, overweight, over the hill leech in any regime that wasn't as self serving as the Venkeans

Ok so he's got a new contract and one that will keep him at the club beyond his playing days. Why the F**k would he slate them?

If you don't know for sure what's going on behind the scenes then why make stupid comments on him not being a true rovers fan?

Yes he's not being playing his best but if you're in your job and you are well past your sell by date and your boss comes up and says you're going to be promoted then what do you say to him? No sorry boss i think i'm over the hill?

Get a life.

if you're in your job and you are well past your sell by date and your boss comes up and says you're going to be promoted then what do you say to him? No sorry boss i think i'm over the hill?

stupid analogy given the guy already has more than 10 years of being on the premier league payroll behind him and could still make a decent living elsewhere. you ever heard of the word "integrity"?

Ok so he's got a new contract and one that will keep him at the club beyond his playing days. Why the F**k would he slate them?

If you don't know for sure what's going on behind the scenes then why make stupid comments on him not being a true rovers fan?

Yes he's not being playing his best but if you're in your job and you are well past your sell by date and your boss comes up and says you're going to be promoted then what do you say to him? No sorry boss i think i'm over the hill?

Get a life.

Far points. He is just a bloke looking to continue in football after his playing days are over. Would not surprise me if he wants to go into management eventually. As he is under contract, he does not have the freedom to speak out against either the owners or manager.

Not meaning to drag Dunny down here, but I've just had a rather interesting piece contributed to my blog - it's not my own work.

Take a look and let me know what your opinion on the matter is! - http://wp.me/s2DTE7-54

Simon

@simontactician

Haven't even read the links simon. Dunny is NOT blue and white. He is all for himself. Always has been. Maybe if he'd buckled down and stayed under Souness and learned his craft then I might think differently, but he didn't did he? He was a fine talent who unfortunately thought he was Gods gift and chose to walk away for more money to the glitz and glamour of..... Birmingham City ffs!

History tells us that his career peaked here and took a downturn as soon as he left. Now he is again seeking to feather his own nest cos his career is way past it's sell by date.

imo He went over to the dark side circa January 2011.

Guest Rovers4Good

stupid analogy given the guy already has more than 10 years of being on the premier league payroll behind him and could still make a decent living elsewhere. you ever heard of the word "integrity"?

Yeh i agree with integrity but i really don't see what that's got to do with Dunny?

We know his best days are behind him and he knows that imself but it's his job and as long as he still think he can do it then that's up to him and Blackburn Rovers not us.

Guest Rovers4Good

Haven't even read the links simon. Dunny is NOT blue and white. He is all for himself. Always has been. Maybe if he'd buckled down and stayed under Souness and learned his craft then I might think differently, but he didn't did he? He was a fine talent who unfortunately thought he was Gods gift and chose to walk away for more money to the glitz and glamour of..... Birmingham City ffs!

History tells us that his career peaked here and took a downturn as soon as he left. Now he is again seeking to feather his own nest cos his career is way past it's sell by date.

imo He went over to the dark side circa January 2011.

Come on do me a favour, Souness called him a playboy and then went on to sign Dwight Yorke?

Yes when he left Rovers he was a good player but injuries got the better of him and they still are doing but as everyone knows if you can prolong your career and earn money then you're going to do so.

Yeh i agree with integrity but i really don't see what that's got to do with Dunny?

We know his best days are behind him and he knows that imself but it's his job and as long as he still think he can do it then that's up to him and Blackburn Rovers not us.

your right when to ask what integrity has to do with Dunny because it clearly has nothing to do with him. ganging up with kean and venky's while the club burns down prove that. remember that in 2009/2010 he made noises about leaving if he didn't get the right contract. that was just as bad given he had done (Please don't use that word again) all before he had the early season purple patch. we should have called his bluff, i'd be surprised if anyone would have raised his pay... are you one of thaese who reckons he "bleeds blue and white"?

trying to make sense of your post braddock but it's like most of your others - total nonsense! can you outline what kean and venkys have done to deserve dunny's backing? (other than give him an undeserved contract and payrise)

Ey up, I do apologise. Take out the 'this messageboard' bit.

I imagine he can see that the heirarchy are not evil and are trying to sort things out, albeit currently failing, and that the fans have done pretty much zero to help the situation.

Ey up, I do apologise. Take out the 'this messageboard' bit.

I imagine he can see that the heirarchy are not evil and are trying to sort things out, albeit currently failing, and that the fans have done pretty much zero to help the situation.

Nonsense, the fans have pointed out exactly what needs to be done but despite the Emperor walking around with no clothes on for the last 20 months the hierarchy have done nothing to stop the slide. I've always believed David Dunn to be "one of us" do I blame him for sitting on a good wage and not speaking out, of course not. It is sad but that is modern society. If the players had got together and refused to play until the manager had been replaced at some point last season we may not be starting life in the Championship. Realistically it was never going to happen.

Nonsense, the fans have pointed out exactly what needs to be done but despite the Emperor walking around with no clothes on for the last 20 months the hierarchy have done nothing to stop the slide. I've always believed David Dunn to be "one of us" do I blame him for sitting on a good wage and not speaking out, of course not. It is sad but that is modern society. If the players had got together and refused to play until the manager had been replaced at some point last season we may not be starting life in the Championship. Realistically it was never going to happen.

So by saying what I said was nonsense, you say that Venky's are evil, they are not trying to sort things out in their own misguided way and that the fans have had a positive impact on the club recently?

Fair enough, our opinions differ.

i'd say that some of the people involved in the club have some bad/evil intentions. kean being one of them. as far as most fans can see, kean and venky's are the same where rovers are concerned. i might have chosen a different phrase or word to "evil" but you are getting there.

i'd say the promtion of agnew, the sacking of newsham in favour of steve's bodyguard and the continued employment of miles anderson despite contrary advice shows they ain't sorting this at all.

the supporters have offered plenty of good advice and help. "kean out" chants at every game being the most obvious one.

Like, I said, their methods may well be flawed but they have made some decent signings so to say they aren't doing anything is unfair.

Given the fact Kean wasn't going to get sacked, as was apparent, what else did they do other than create a negative atmosphere which the youngsters struggled to perform within? And given that the fans have been consistently hostile to Venky's, what makes you think they would value their opinion so highly anyway?

decent signings. i'll give you dixon and murphy but they ain't played yet and nzonzi, junior have gone. fans have been hostile to venky's because they sacked a good manager and all the admin staff yet have stuck with kean all the way to relegation. they have had plenty of less hostile advice and have ignored it. the hostility was inevitable. the youngsters have failed because all the best senior players were bombed out by kean/venkys and managed by kean. the atmosphere in the stadium has a much weaker effect on professional players than rank bad management.

We have a very good Championship team as things stand. It's best not to compare us to Premiership standards.

What did the fans do to help?

What can fans of any club do to help and did our fans do that?

you are fast becoming one of the least credible posters on here salgado (and that really is saying something) but this is worth a response. for 3 months of the 2009/2010 season dunn was good. he never controlled the tempo of games as he has never been good enough to do that but he was doing well running at defences and even scoring some goals.

everything is relative though. you could say he was doing well compared to how he had done in 2 and a half seasons prior to rejoining. you could never say he was doing well enough to get in the englad squad. you could never say he was playing as well as he did in his first stint. you could definitely say he was playing better at the end of 2009 than he has since because he has done nothing other than collude with kean and the venky's.

dunn was a fantastic talent when he came through but his return has been a disaster. your forgetting that when he did string those few decent games together in late 2009 that he started making threats about leaving if he didn't get his new contract and we know all about his latest contract. dunn is a local player but he's never a rover through and through...

Oh no, criticism from someone I'll never meet.

People see things in different ways but I would still argue he controlled the tempo of games particularly in the first half of the season......he was the only link, ever, between the defence and midfield/attack so he would control how we played football.

The initial point was about him being a shadow of his former self....now I'm guessing nobody would argue he has hit the heights of his first spell but I thought the criticism was unfair considering how important he was to our team in the Burnley season....more so the first half.

I'm not forgetting the threats relating to a new contract, it just wasn't relevant.....I agree that he isn't a true Rover and therefore shouldn't warrant extra criticism for saying nice things about his employers.....by all means keep quiet but I've seen a couple times somewhere that they might be pressured into it and with Hendry's comments coming prior to him getting a job, it's hardly gonna be coincidence.....I don't presume it's how they really feel, I just know that's the way world works sometimes....not that I'm implying that others don't.

We have a very good Championship team as things stand. It's best not to compare us to Premiership standards.

What did the fans do to help?

What can fans of any club do to help and did our fans do that?

you need to score goals to get up. who will do that? what evidence is there to say we will keep the back tight? fans can do very little to help a side with a manager as bad as kean (and one with as dubious intentions) other than do their best to get him out as soon as possible. so yes, our fans did that but to no avail. thats why we went down. if we'd all been like you the result would be the same but most would feel embarrasses that they had lied down and let it happen. your clearly very smug and happy with your appeasement...

So by saying what I said was nonsense, you say that Venky's are evil, they are not trying to sort things out in their own misguided way and that the fans have had a positive impact on the club recently?

Fair enough, our opinions differ.

If you may be as so polite, please don't put words in my mouth. Personally I would like the current owners of the football club to be successful and take the hard and painful decisions which will make our club regain its Premier League position and also win back the community of Blackburn. What this has to do with David Dunn, I have no idea.

Just a side-note about the negative atmosphere, which the youngsters struggled to perform in (so you say). Last season we played 38 matches, we collected 19 points including 6 wins at home yet only 12 points away from home. There was however one constant factor that managed to cost us points, a certain bald headed individual on the sideline who made bizarre substitutions and played players out of position. I wonder who is the most to blame, I am too confused to work it out.

Of course our opinions differ, hard to become popular around here I guess.

Archived