BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wilcox

I'm growing increasingly tired of reading Wilcox's pro Kean claptrap every Tuesday in the LT.

I know that ex players very rarely split on the footballing fraternity in case it messes up future job prospects (Hendry) but the stuff Wilcox is writing insults the intelligence.

Talking of good signings yet no mention of not addressing the glaring weaknesses at the back.

Talking of adding experience yet applauding the manager for letting the most experienced at the club leave (Pedersen), not to mention his decision to lose the experience of Roberts, Nelsen and Salgado previously.

Also talking of ex Bury 'starlet' Kazim Richards being a 'good replacement' for Best.

It's all bilge, week in and week out from him and not once do I recall him condemning Kean for the p1ss poor job he's doing.

Very poor stuff.

You used to have a column didn't you? Give the LET a ring and propose a point-counterpoint feature with Wilcox and yourself.

I do agree with you that footballers do always back their own. It's the world they live in. Mike Newell is case in point.

I might say, "what do you expect?" too, except you should bear in mind that these people (Garner excepted) have all already enjoyed huge returns from their involvement in the game. earning (sic) the kind of money that ordinary folk can only dream of, but certainly enough to ensure that in comparison to most people, they never really need to 'work' again.

Now it might be a different matter for those 'poor souls' who, for personal reasons have previously chosen to waste their fortunes on gambling and other expensive addictive habits, but I don't believe Mr Wilcox or Mr Gallacher fall into that camp. So I, for one, 100% endorse your commentary, LD, and suggest that these pseudo pundits refrain from rubbing our noses in the stink that emanates from Ewood Park these days, and concentrate on providing genuine and informative insight into the goings on at the club for the benefit of the bona-fide Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Both Wilcox and Gallacher are embarrassingly and suspiciously pro Kean.

Shows their genuine lack of affiliation with BRFC.

Gallacher is doing / has done his coaching badges and, in my view, is yearning for a return to Ewood in a coaching capacity and hence his refusal to give a true pundit's opinion on 'Stevie'.

As a player, I used to watch him on the touchline when he was a sub and, IMO, his attitude wasn't right, a bit of a sulker.

As for Jason, honestly don't know what drives his views - IMO, shows very poor judgement and understanding for someone who has played at the highest level.

As for Jason, honestly don't know what drives his views - IMO, shows very poor judgement and understanding for someone who has played at the highest level.

I had a good chat with Jason last season over a couple of beers and without saying too much he most certainly is not pro Venky's/Kean. He was hurting as much as the rest of us at the way the season was unfolding (at the time). I would guess it's a case of toeing the line in order to keep his job with the LET.

Wilcox probably been placed by Agnew.

Philip-Wilcox was doing a column last season-possibly before-so he's not been placed by Agnew. He might have been primed?

I think he was reasonably critical at times last season and certainly when he's involved in radio lancs commentary, it's obvious about the club.

What I do think is noticeable is that both he and Gallagher are starting off with a "positive" approach.

Yesterday was a poor column by Wilcox-only metioned the experienced signings and made no mention of the inexperienced Portuguese ones.

I had a good chat with Jason last season over a couple of beers and without saying too much he most certainly is not pro Venky's/Kean. He was hurting as much as the rest of us at the way the season was unfolding (at the time). I would guess it's a case of toeing the line in order to keep his job with the LET.

some details of what he said would be appreciated here...

I think everybody apart from about 99.95% of this forum are all correct and the rest are in on the conspiracy. We are the ones who know the reality. It's like they don't have internet access or can't get on this site to find the truth. There's only this site and David Icke's I ever go on.

The truth is out therew!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some details of what he said would be appreciated here...

Bit harsh to repeat everything he said off the record, but he was extremely critical of the owners, didn't talk as much about Kean. As I said he was very frustrated with it all and the way the club had changed so drastically in a matter of months. Also felt the Rovers old boys (prem winning team etc) were treated differently when going back to Ewood now as opposed to under the old regime. Col must have been an exception.

• 4 years later...

The article starts with

East Manchester was the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, a ­manufacturing heartland built on cotton, chemicals and coal.

Load of @#/?,

Stanhill was the birth place and Jame's descendants are staunch Rovers supporters

Archived