BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away 18/08/12 (Unofficial Thread)

• Backroom

Violence at an Ipswich football match :lol: no. You'll find the atmosphere very friendly. For those of you travelling down, I work in the huge building just behind the ground ;)

I'll be at the game, but probably sitting with the home fans. Want to try and get a seat as close as possible to the dugout. No reason, of course.

SG - Do you remember the police walking several injured Ipswich fans on to the pitch during one of our games back in the 80’s to pick out the Rovers fans responsible for giving them a kicking? Very surreal that one!

Seems to ring a bell now Gav, we probably travelled down on the same coach.Remember a good following down there one season and the Rovers fans never stopped singing and bouncing around on the terrace for the first 45 minutes.

• Backroom

Over the past few seasons it has been impossible to call an Ipswich match. Sometimes they play like a team that should be gunning for automatic promotion, other times they look like a team destined for the drop. Their inconsistancy is the reason they've finished mid-table for the past few seasons, they just cannot get any run of sustained form going.

I don't think Ipswich have had any major summer transfer activity and Paul Jewell remains at the helm so I imagine Ipswich will be much the same this season. On their day last season they could beat anyone in the league, so there's plenty to be wary of. If they have their tails up we'll get taught a harsh lesson about the realities of Championship football. Just depends which Ipswich shows up.

Archived