BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Ipswich Town Away 12/13

m1st

What I don't understand, is why when Peds covers more ground than anyone else and makes more goals than anyone else that's not enough - which it isn't, to be fair, Formica's only attribute of running a lot is deemed enough for him to be a first team regular by many on here.

Explain that to me?

Hasta makes a great point about Pedersen apparently covering the most ground.......if he covered a lot of ground and usually put decent tackles in and made some interceptions then it's another matter entirely....but he doesn't.......he got 4 assists last year, less than Hoilett and Nzonzi.....I know he usually gets the most but he used to be a much better player.....and under Allardyce, we mainly relied on set pieces.

Formica's running about is actually beneficial because he puts a foot in and puts pressure on their players.....so for that reason alone he warrants a place in the team ahead of Pedersen.....on top of that, he can make simple passes to teammates without giving it away and doesn't dwell on the ball or miscontrol it and that's why some would rather have in the team than Peds.....not me personally though, I'd have Vukcevic and Nunes on the wings with Rochina off Kazim, and when Best comes back, play Kazim on the wing.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But personally I wouldn't read too much into opening day games - they often throw up unusual results and performances

So you've not bothered to take in what the fans who went to Ipswich have said.

Even Kean admitted that has happened before. Yes Keano, nearly every week, same old same old, nothing unusual, result wise or performance wise.

Hasta makes a great point about Pedersen apparently covering the most ground.......if he covered a lot of ground and usually put decent tackles in and made some interceptions then it's another matter entirely....but he doesn't.......he got 4 assists last year, less than Hoilett and Nzonzi.....I know he usually gets the most but he used to be a much better player.....and under Allardyce, we mainly relied on set pieces.

Formica's running about is actually beneficial because he puts a foot in and puts pressure on their players.....so for that reason alone he warrants a place in the team ahead of Pedersen.....on top of that, he can make simple passes to teammates without giving it away and doesn't dwell on the ball or miscontrol it and that's why some would rather have in the team than Peds.....not me personally though, I'd have Vukcevic and Nunes on the wings with Rochina off Kazim, and when Best comes back, play Kazim on the wing.

You're just saying again what I pointed out before Salgado. Pedersen's industry isn't enough, while Formica's is. Pedersen doesn't tackle and doesn't make interceptions - that's just silly. Tell you what - you mention that Formica can get a foot in, well if I were a full back I would much rather have Pedersen in front of me than Formica. Positionally at left midfield Pedersen has given all our left backs excellent cover, history shows us that.

We'll just have to disagree.

I wouldn't read too much into opening day games - they often throw up unusual results and performances

Absolutely brilliant. We can just edit this throughout the season

I wouldn't read too much into opening day games - second match games - third match games - fourth match games - fifth match games - sixth match games - they often throw up unusual results and performances

You're just saying again what I pointed out before Salgado. Pedersen's industry isn't enough, while Formica's is. Pedersen doesn't tackle and doesn't make interceptions - that's just silly. Tell you what - you mention that Formica can get a foot in, well if I were a full back I would much rather have Pedersen in front of me than Formica. Positionally at left midfield Pedersen has given all our left backs excellent cover, history shows us that.

We'll just have to disagree.

I guess we will have to disagree if you're arguing Pedersen significantly helps us out defensively.....barring when he covers for Olsson when he gets forward from LB......I'm not arguing that Pedersen never makes tackles or interceptions, just that Formica does it a lot more......"history" once again should not come into it as we all know Pedersen used to be a much better player......I don't see much difference between Peds and Formica on the wing.....but that's cos Formica is never a winger.....but in the middle I would rather have Formica any day of the week.....we should agree to disagree anyway as this has lasted almost a week, and no matter how bad Pedersen has consistently played, it is always largely irrelevant as he loves the club and can sometimes take a decent set piece.

Score draw. ..... 2-2? ... with at least one of the goals assisted by a Bradley Orr cross.

My brother Mark played alongside your brother Mick in that same team.

There were three Marks in that side, As I know the other two (Brennan and Bennett) I assume your brother was the full back? Good steady player. Used to enjoy watching that team. A few of them were scouted. Mick Young was a giant for his age, which is always a massive advantage in schoolboy football.

Absolutely brilliant. We can just edit this throughout the season

I wouldn't read too much into opening day games - second match games - third match games - fourth match games - fifth match games - sixth match games - they often throw up unusual results and performances

It's the terrible record for the last two seasons that I'm reading into. I don't need a mediocre opening day performance against Ipswich to tell me that Kean won't get us promoted.

It's the terrible record for the last two seasons that I'm reading into. I don't need a mediocre opening day performance against Ipswich to tell me that Kean won't get us promoted.

As an ex work colleague of mine used to say.... "If you want something different to happen... you have to do something different." Not difficult to comprehend is it? Unless of course you are Indian and know the square root of sweet FA about English football and the pond life that feeds from it.

Score draw. ..... 2-2? ... with at least one of the goals assisted by a Bradley Orr cross.

My brother Mark played alongside your brother Mick in that same team.

Holdsworth? I vaguely recall playing adult football against Mark - he was a decent player. Brennan, Bennett and Pete McRae were the real class acts in that side I always thought. I still see the goalkeeper from that team on signal duty (usually at the junction of Branch Road and Bolton Road) before home games.

Holdsworth? I vaguely recall playing adult football against Mark - he was a decent player. Brennan, Bennett and Pete McRae were the real class acts in that side I always thought. I still see the goalkeeper from that team on signal duty (usually at the junction of Branch Road and Bolton Road) before home games.

Mark Duckworth. Played with Mick for Lancashire too (alongside Frannie Carr)... and signed as schoolboy for Rovers in the days of Alan Bradshaw. I'm sure Mark Brennan was older and played in a previous year?

Mark Duckworth. Played with Mick for Lancashire too (alongside Frannie Carr)... and signed as schoolboy for Rovers in the days of Alan Bradshaw. I'm sure Mark Brennan was older and played in a previous year?

Possibly. Mick initially played for the team that was the year above his age and his centre half partner was a lad called Pete Dunlop in the side that went to the quarters of the English Schools Cup. That was the team with the three Marks (Brennan, Bennett and Houldsworth). I think your Mark was in the following year's team. I do vaguely remember him (tall slim lad?) and I'm sure Mick will. I still can't think of the other lad that got the Rovers apprenticeship along with Frannie Carr though!!

BRFC supporters need to change their Premier League mind set. This Division unlike the Prem will be dog eat dog. It will be much more even, much less predictable and much much less of a procession. Reason being that most clubs down here have learned to live within their budgets through basic necessity whilst we have not ..... for obvious and ultimately sinister reasons.

Archived