BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

We have always promised supporters we would leave no stone unturned for the truth , and that means talking to all who have been involved since June 2010

It will always be we, as equality is all that counts , we are all in this together , well those who choose to be.

Yes certain players

My best guess at who the Keanites might be would unfortunately be Dunn, almost certainly Orr and Dann, not to sure about some of the others but my guess is there would be at least half a dozen. The ones who aren't are fairly obvious to spot, they've all left! A couple of the new signings probably would be, almost certainly Murphy, probably Best.

I can't say I blame them to be honest when you look at it from their point of view. The majority of them will have worked with him in the past, like him for whatever reason and probably genuinely think he is trying his best and deserves a break at times. Unfortunately most of them are probably too thick to pay much attention to the rest of the stuff going on, just a case of pick up a pay cheque, turn up for training, back the manager, life is easy. Why can't the fans realise just how hard we're trying all the time and how great Steve is?

So are you now confirming that the fan-led protests last season did make some of the players angry and affected them?

Well Bradley Orr for one practically confirmed it himself with his post relegation interview.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point. I have tentatively raised questions in the past about games being less than sporting and the counter came: "but the players would have to be involved..."

So are you now confirming that the fan-led protests last season did make some of the players angry and affected them?

The players were angry? I should bloody well hope so. They should have tried sitting where I was and watching them.

Did you see philip's previous post Mike (above)? This is all news to me but just cast your mind back to the Swansea and Spurs games. Good grief.

I cannot see how doing a witch hunt for Kean-ite players would help whatever the truth is. Deadly Dirk has named one player who most certainly is not in the "Kean Camp".

All this boils down to the simple question- is there a power struggle or is it all a staged charade?

If Kean gets fired then for sure a lot of the smell and the allegations become a huge amount more tenuous.

If Kean doesn't get fired then in my opinion we are facing the awful prospect of BRFC Action Group having been suckered by the Shebby act and sooner or later Rovers facing a West Ham/Tevez style Board of Inquiry.

The players were angry? I should bloody well hope so. They should have tried sitting where I was and watching them.

Did you see philip's previous post Mike (above)? This is all news to me but just cast your mind back to the Swansea and Spurs games. Good grief.

Throw West Brom into the mix there Bob. Something like five corners conceded in the first seven minutes.

I agree with Glen that Shebby is possibly our best hope of sorting things out ONLY is he is able to cash the cheques that his mouth has been writing since he took over. If he does what he has said he will do then there is an opportunity for things to move forward, but if he doesn't then he will join the ranks of others who have promised but not delivered.

I can say neither Dunn or Dann was part of the delegation, but it makes me sad, that players who supporters pay wages to, have no respect for the supporters. Lets remember players took us down too, but I didnt see too many people turning on the players.

Somerset Rover: We didnt need to track Andy down as that information has been at hand for over a year from other sources

On players, i.e Keanites, we have lost nearly a full squad due to them not wanting to play for the manager, and will lose quite a few more unless he is removed. We have players desperate to stay, but not under this manager. Its sad, its wrong, but hey one thing they wont back into the corner is the supporters.

Philip Moulton has been made head of security and the security teams have been briefed, and Kean out chants etc, then eject those responsible. This is one thing John Newsham refused to do last season, but this season a wall of Keanites need bulldozing.

I ask all supporters to reflect on what has gone on at our club, reflect on what they want to happen in the short , medium and long term, then decide if this can happen, if more people who are here to help are removed.

I cannot see how doing a witch hunt for Kean-ite players would help whatever the truth is. Deadly Dirk has named one player who most certainly is not in the "Kean Camp".

All this boils down to the simple question- is there a power struggle or is it all a staged charade?

If Kean gets fired then for sure a lot of the smell and the allegations become a huge amount more tenuous.

If Kean doesn't get fired then in my opinion we are facing the awful prospect of BRFC Action Group having been suckered by the Shebby act and sooner or later Rovers facing a West Ham/Tevez style Board of Inquiry.

Yeh I wasn't really planning on getting into a guessing game, for one we won't know if we are right or not anyway, just named a few who I thought were sure things.

To some degree though they are all happy campers backing Kean and picking up their pay cheques, even the ones that leave seem happy to sign NDA's and mention nothing.

But anyway.... I agree the whole Shabby situation is one of two things, a reuse to buy some time with the fans and he will take the blame in the near future, like others have in the past, meanwhile Kean can now 'Get on with his job of aiming for promotion after Shebby helped lead the club into relegation zone'.

Or he actually has the power to back up some of his words and can sack Kean if results go badly, which after all the decisions Venky's have made in the past I find very hard, almost impossible to believe. I just can't see after all this time and all the pressure to remove Kean that they would do it this way. My opinion is that he had the power he thinks he has then he would have been allowed to remove Kean already, what the hell difference does 3 games make.

For now though, as we have little choice it seems, I'm prepared to see what happens with Shebby, I'm not expecting anything much but I certainly won't be forcing him out, I won't exactly be embracing his time with us either.

No-one is suckering anyone Philip, We want a team with a future to support, a team we can relate to, and a team that is healthy and cleansed. We have been to every authority there is and handed over all we have, and that has now accelerated, We have backed supporter takeovers, we have doen pretty much everything possible to try and wrestle this club out of the hands of those who wish to do it harm. Yes we have met Shebby, and have only repeated what he told everyone on Saturday in front a world wide audience, i.e SKY, Cant say thats us being suckered. We are sceptical like everyone else as actions will always speak louder than words, but until he does'nt deliver we are willing to give him the benefir of the doubt, as Like i've said, what is the other options?

Please excuse my spelling, as I'm typing on a bloody i-phone that writes what it wants

Throw West Brom into the mix there Bob. Something like five corners conceded in the first seven minutes.

I question nine games last season (including the five corners in eight minutes all missed at WBA after we didn't miss a thing at the back for 80 minutes against Man U three days earlier) and that is without asking questions about odd substitutions and the like. As I say this is just me watching and thinking "this makes no sense to me as a knowledgeable spectator". Cardiff forfeit City and all that....

Philip Moulton has been made head of security and the security teams have been briefed, and Kean out chants etc, then eject those responsible. This is one thing John Newsham refused to do last season, but this season a wall of Keanites need bulldozing.

It just makes you want to walk away from it all.

I can say neither Dunn or Dann was part of the delegation, but it makes me sad, that players who supporters pay wages to, have no respect for the supporters. Lets remember players took us down too, but I didnt see too many people turning on the players.

Somerset Rover: We didnt need to track Andy down as that information has been at hand for over a year from other sources

On players, i.e Keanites, we have lost nearly a full squad due to them not wanting to play for the manager, and will lose quite a few more unless he is removed. We have players desperate to stay, but not under this manager. Its sad, its wrong, but hey one thing they wont back into the corner is the supporters.

I ask all supporters to reflect on what has gone on at our club, reflect on what they want to happen in the short , medium and long term, then decide if this can happen, if more people who are here to help are removed.

I promise I will be shouting KEAN OUT until he is removed.

Just try it on throwing me out for that.

firstly, i am not ITK.

with regard to 3rd party ownership of a player. the involvment of investors is common practice and this entitles that 3rd party to a percentage of the players future transfer fees - economic rights. in my opinion, there is no reason to think that the same could not be done for a football club i.e. investing in a club and being entitled to all future moneys that the club may recieve. lets, for arguments sake, say that somebody invests in a football club that is financially limited.that investor is now entitled to an agreed %. the club goes on to get relegated after a shocking season but it is ok because they'll get helped by the parachute payments and a percentage of any money that is recieved from potentially all outgoing transfers.

just a thought.

It doesn't surprise me that some of the players put part of the blame on the fans for the relegation, and when you have fans that boo Andrews and groan whenever Petrovic was being brought on it's not strictly true to say the fans didn't turn on the players, to some extent. Yakubu aside, any positive songs for players were aimed towards those who weren't on the pitch like Salgado. I'd have felt massive unsupported had I been playing.

On what grounds will supporters be thrown out of the stadium for chanting 'Kean Out'?

It would be a PR disaster surpassing the numerous others.

Roll on Hull.

It happened last season on occasion, so wouldn't surprise me if it happened in the Championship where the club will be even less scrutinized.

It doesn't surprise me that some of the players put part of the blame on the fans for the relegation, and when you have fans that boo Andrews and groan whenever Petrovic was being brought on it's not strictly true to say the fans didn't turn on the players, to some extent. Yakubu aside, any positive songs for players were aimed towards those who weren't on the pitch like Salgado. I'd have felt massive unsupported had I been playing.

When I was shouting encouragement till my throat was sore on numerous occasions last season, and paid for the privelidge to do so, I felt massively let down by those same well paid players. Funny that.

On what grounds will supporters be thrown out of the stadium for chanting 'Kean Out'?

It would be a PR disaster surpassing the numerous others.

Roll on Hull.

As if our owners care about a PR disaster, Kean is a walking PR disaster and has been here for what seems an eternity. I'm sure they will just go down the lines of 'disrupting the viewing for others' or using 'hateful speech' etc.

If you understood the mentality of the average professional football you would know that they will ALWAYS look for an 'out' and very rarely accept responsibility for their poor performances. Invariably they will blame anything rather than look at the real cause - themselves. Blaming the fans, weather, refereeing decisions or pointing to bad luck is just a cop out. Don't fall for this, of more concern to a lot of them is where they are partying at night and that they get paid on time.

I kno this because I spent many years involved in the professional game.

In other words there are certain players that think the fans are complete and utter numpties. Who cares as long as they do what they are paid to do and do it to the best of their ability. There were a few times last season where they simply rolled over and gave up and if the truth be known they are just as much to blame as the manager.

With regards to Kean or anyone else being 5% directors of the club, there is no way that is true or even feasible.All directors have to be registered by law at companies house, not only to prove there responsibilities and liabilities but also for tax reasons. Kean isn`t mega rich enough to throw money into a bottomless hole and I am sure he actually would make more money by being an employee. These theories about agents owning the club also don`t make sense because they would basically be fleecing themselves. Oh and even if Kean was a director he can still be sacked for gross misconduct or any other serious transgressions or failures in performance it just takes a vote off the other Directors. All company information is readily available from companies house for a nominal fee and basically can be accessed by anyone that asks.

Archived