BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So what is the situation now

What is the future if the current owners and connected people are forcibly removed?

Do we just hang in the balance, does it go back to the Trust?

Will the supporters have to step up?

Also, has anyone spoken on/off the record to Big Sam?

Surely he must know something about all of this.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It happened last season on occasion, so wouldn't surprise me if it happened in the Championship where the club will be even less scrutinized.

When I was shouting encouragement till my throat was sore on numerous occasions last season, and paid for the privelidge to do so, I felt massively let down by those same well paid players. Funny that.

Funny, you can't have been in my stand or have been surrounded by like-minded people then, as I didn't hear anybody doing this enough to end up with sore throats.

If you understood the mentality of the average professional football you would know that they will ALWAYS look for an 'out' and very rarely accept responsibility for their poor performances. Invariably they will blame anything rather than look at the real cause - themselves. Blaming the fans, weather, refereeing decisions or pointing to bad luck is just a cop out. Don't fall for this, of more concern to a lot of them is where they are partying at night and that they get paid on time.

I kno this because I spent many years involved in the professional game.

The thing is I have always put part of the blame on the fans for the very reasons highlighted and I'm reknowned for highlighting this view, much to the annoyance of plenty of posters. It's obvious that it will have affected at least some of the players.

In other words there are certain players that think the fans are complete and utter numpties. Who cares as long as they do what they are paid to do and do it to the best of their ability. There were a few times last season where they simply rolled over and gave up and if the truth be known they are just as much to blame as the manager.

With regards to Kean or anyone else being 5% directors of the club, there is no way that is true or even feasible.All directors have to be registered by law at companies house, not only to prove there responsibilities and liabilities but also for tax reasons. Kean isn`t mega rich enough to throw money into a bottomless hole and I am sure he actually would make more money by being an employee. These theories about agents owning the club also don`t make sense because they would basically be fleecing themselves. Oh and even if Kean was a director he can still be sacked for gross misconduct or any other serious transgressions or failures in performance it just takes a vote off the other Directors. All company information is readily available from companies house for a nominal fee and basically can be accessed by anyone that asks.

Sorry Rhodie.

These listings are self-reported so if you want to hide beneficial ownership you are breaking the law but very easy to do.

There have been at least three instances I can think of (DUI conviction, telling untruths to the Judge, the Sam video) in which disciplinary action could and should have been taken against Kean and that is before citing 60+ games for being useless at his job.

Kean still being employed by Rovers only makes sense if you listen to the wilder allegations... and Kean has very deep pockets, allegedly.

How many people did they boot out? There must have been 1000's chanting it?

They held off ejecting people when people were chanting en masse, but I saw people ejected when trying to start chants. It was disgusting considering all they were doing were saying words loudly.

I had trouble for taking photos of the protest plane with my phone. The offending steward was "removed" by a police officer for trying to provoke me and standing in front of me so I couldn't watch the match. Sadly we've become a joke club from top to bottom.

The thing is I have always put part of the blame on the fans for the very reasons highlighted and I'm reknowned for highlighting this view, much to the annoyance of plenty of posters. It's obvious that it will have affected at least some of the players.

Then we'll have to disagree then. I have stood alongside players when they have been on the end of real vitriolic abuse and they have laughed it off, sometimes telling me how much they were earning by way of a consolation.

Funny, you can't have been in my stand or have been surrounded by like-minded people then, as I didn't hear anybody doing this enough to end up with sore throats.

I actually agree with you that it will have had a small negative effect on some of the players while at the same time having a positive effect on some of the players depending upon their own personality more than anything. Some people thrive under pressure and like nothing more than to prove people wrong when either themselves or people they believe in are criticised.

All in all it should have balanced out, if it was a deciding factor then I would have to put that blame back to the management and power structure for not ensuring the players they were bringing in were stronger minded and would not crumble at the first sign of adversity.

In other words there are certain players that think the fans are complete and utter numpties. Who cares as long as they do what they are paid to do and do it to the best of their ability. There were a few times last season where they simply rolled over and gave up and if the truth be known they are just as much to blame as the manager.

With regards to Kean or anyone else being 5% directors of the club, there is no way that is true or even feasible.All directors have to be registered by law at companies house, not only to prove there responsibilities and liabilities but also for tax reasons. Kean isn`t mega rich enough to throw money into a bottomless hole and I am sure he actually would make more money by being an employee. These theories about agents owning the club also don`t make sense because they would basically be fleecing themselves. Oh and even if Kean was a director he can still be sacked for gross misconduct or any other serious transgressions or failures in performance it just takes a vote off the other Directors. All company information is readily available from companies house for a nominal fee and basically can be accessed by anyone that asks.

Sensible post.

They held off ejecting people when people were chanting en masse, but I saw people ejected when trying to start chants. It was disgusting considering all they were doing were saying words loudly.

I had trouble for taking photos of the protest plane with my phone. The offending steward was "removed" by a police officer for trying to provoke me and standing in front of me so I couldn't watch the match. Sadly we've become a joke club from top to bottom.

Indeed we have.

The steward blocking your view is absolutely pathetic.

I can't see how anyone can blame the fans for what has happened. I also can't see how anything anyone could have said could have affected any player more than the influence of Steve Kean. Him and his cronies have ripped heart, soul and quality out of the club and the only bit that remains is that left by the people who actually care about it, the fans.

At last someone speaking sence +1

It is quite feasible that someone can own a % of a company without being a director or being named as a shareholder. Even if Kean (or his associates if there are any) didn't own any of Venky's London directly there are many underhand, and sadly legal, financial methods of ensuring beneficial ownership that could go undetected without some serious digging. I'm not ITK or insinuating anything, just stating it is possible for someone to own part of a business undetected.

Having worked in the financial industry I can assure you that people will go to inordinate lengths to maintain anonymity with regards to their holdings.

Sorry Rhodie.

These listings are self-reported so if you want to hide beneficial ownership you are breaking the law but very easy to do.

There have been at least three instances I can think of (DUI conviction, telling untruths to the Judge, the Sam video) in which disciplinary action could and should have been taken against Kean and that is before citing 60+ games for being useless at his job.

Kean still being employed by Rovers only makes sense if you listen to the wilder allegations... and Kean has very deep pockets, allegedly.

No it doesn't. If what Glen says is true then clearly Kean has managed to play the victim and win himself a second chance. Shebby has been put in charge to keep him in check despite being of the opinion that Kean should go.

When have you booked your holidays for this year? Give everyone an advanced warning when you decide to disappear again.

It's all doom and gloom. So foul and fair a day I have not seen.

One thing's for sure, if Blackburn Rovers were still a well-run club with owners who had its best interests at heart, Steve Kean would've exunt stage left some time previous. As it is, he's still here 18 months after he should've left.

I just hope no-one's trying to wash illusory blood off their hands, it won't come off. Meanwhile, three weird indians are gathered around a cauldron somewhere near Pune, saying: "Fair is foul, and foul is fair: Hover through the fog and filthy air"

I believe in years to come, no Rovers fan will want to utter Steve K***'s name for fear of invoking a terrible curse. Instead, he will be referred to as "the Scottish prat".

I actually agree with you that it will have had a small negative effect on some of the players while at the same time having a positive effect on some of the players depending upon their own personality more than anything. Some people thrive under pressure and like nothing more than to prove people wrong when either themselves or people they believe in are criticised.

All in all it should have balanced out, if it was a deciding factor then I would have to put that blame back to the management and power structure for not ensuring the players they were bringing in were stronger minded and would not crumble at the first sign of adversity.

Some people thrive under pressure and want to prove people wrong. Some just want to prove people wrong and cant because they are out their depth.

Sorry Rhodie.

Fair enough they are self -reported ,but some of the main reasons you declare yourself a director is

1- To claim any dividends i.e profits from the company.

2- To claim proxy powers to entitle you to voting on decision making.

3- To limit your personal liabilities when things go tits up.

4- To entitle you to your share of monies if the co. is sold.

These amongst others are what I would consider to be the important aspects if you wanted to get anything out of owning a company.

There is no point owning the company or even a share if you haven`t got these powers.I really don`t see how owning a non profit organisation and resorting to such subterfuge is going to benefit anyone.

Then we'll have to disagree then. I have stood alongside players when they have been on the end of real vitriolic abuse and they have laughed it off, sometimes telling me how much they were earning by way of a consolation.

I'm not overly surprised and I'm not expecting sympathy for the players as such, I'm simply saying that it will have affected some of the players, particularly the younger ones. It's a natural response to abuse to laugh it off or really hurt those being abusive by rising above and pointing out your pay packet. I imagine that really annoyed people. Good defence mechanism.

Well I don't think it would balance out as you'd have some people underperforming and some people playing better, that isn't playing as a unit. That sounds disjointed. Don't forget it will have given confidence to other teams playing against us who'll have been p*ssing themselves and wondering what backwards town they'd wound up at.

I can't see how anyone can blame the fans for what has happened. I also can't see how anything anyone could have said could have affected any player more than the influence of Steve Kean. Him and his cronies have ripped heart, soul and quality out of the club and the only bit that remains is that left by the people who actually care about it, the fans.

If you can't see then you haven't followed my other posts for the last year or so. I'm sorry but I don't have time to repeat them all again.

When have you booked your holidays for this year? Give everyone an advanced warning when you decide to disappear again.

I'll be in Paris for the first few games I'm afraid. Back on bank holiday Monday of this month and then I'll be at all the games. The downside to having a French girlfriend.

Philip Moulton has been made head of security and the security teams have been briefed, and Kean out chants etc, then eject those responsible. This is one thing John Newsham refused to do last season, but this season a wall of Keanites need bulldozing.

Pretty entertaining that Shebby can only have encouraged more "Kean Out" chants with his comments. There are now openly fans hoping that we lose 3 matches in a row, something I think is pretty unprecedented in the history of football. What I don't understand is the cost of all of this "security" would surely be much lower by removing the necessity for it. What happens when the manager is finally removed, numerous security staff stood around doing nothing?

Well I don't think it would balance out as you'd have some people underperforming and some people playing better, that isn't playing as a unit. That sounds disjointed. Don't forget it will have given confidence to other teams playing against us who'll have been p*ssing themselves and wondering what backwards town they'd wound up at.

I won't forget, as long as by the same token you don't forget about the other teams playing us who may also be feeling the pressure of potentially losing to the laughing stock of the league if they do not perform, as well as those who may even have been overconfident and taken us too lightly.

If the fans are that important perhaps they should listen to us more, we did win a league title and a league cup as well as having numerous European runs in the modern era. Many of us fans who played a large part in getting those honours are still here.

Pretty entertaining that Shebby can only have encouraged more "Kean Out" chants with his comments. There are now openly fans hoping that we lose 3 matches in a row, something I think is pretty unprecedented in the history of football. What I don't understand is the cost of all of this "security" would surely be much lower by removing the necessity for it. What happens when the manager is finally removed, numerous security staff stood around doing nothing?

Increased security = more money coming out of club coffers , bit like a contractor whose company produces a football club matchday programme getting a Director's role, lots of legal ways to drain the club of finances and reward loyalty.

I really don`t see how owning a non profit organisation and resorting to such subterfuge is going to benefit anyone.

He would still be in a sort of untouchable position though? The other owners cannot really axe him as he can bring down the stack of cards around them all? If he only has a minimal stake, it will cost the other owners a lot more than him if for whatever reason they got shut down?

In this untouchable position he can make serious money, possibly far more than his initial stake?

Archived