BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] outsider so can someone please explain?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A year ago we started the season without centrehalves and lost against the PL's weakest team. 2 weeks later we lost at home again,missing 2 penalties. With the pathetic Executive Management and the EVEN weaker team management,we werealways a 'shoe-in' for relegation.

And the fans had to sit/stand/pay for all this inept shambles.

And we are not really looking forward to this season!

blah blah...we didn't even have the remotest chance of staying up anyway....blah blah

You missed the point I was making. And we went down by 6 points, hardly no chance of staying up.

I was saying that I would have hoped Blackburn Rovers fans would have tried to positively influence the club and help keep the side in the top division rather than imploding. It might have made no difference but at least we could have left with dignity rather than looking like animals. Keep the turmoil off the pitch. I still want to enjoy my football.

Oh and by the way, who came out of last season looking better, Steve Kean or the fans? We managed to make a drink driving shyster look better than us. Bravo.

And what happened towards the end of the season when the team WERE supported to the hilt "again"?

Yes that's right the gutless cowards lost 8 out of the last 9 and then all looked for transfers

W**kers the lot of them

That was the case with a couple of players, and why I'd be happy never to see N'zonzi in a Rovers shirt again.

So you cant think of any chants aimed at the players then during these matches?

Yeah, ignore what I said and focus on the exact words that I used. Tool.

That's quite simply untrue.

Do you work for Rovers?

The boos and chants started up again when we lost the ball. Or at least they did in the BBE. "Every" was an exaggeration.

I blame the Rovers Fans for our relegation.

If every fan had given Kean and Venky's even more stick and refused to buy season tickets, Kean would have gone at the end of his first season.

;)

I personally think the owners see protests and calls for the manager's head as a kind of mutiny. They won't sack Kean unless it's on their terms and not dictated by the fans. Just a theory, but in India the boss is very much the boss.

• Moderation Lead

This is just daft and going over old ground. The bad decisions of Venky's from keeping SK which then filtered down to our playing squad was what got us relegated. The players never got chanted at, it was always Kean or Venky's.

There's having a different opinion, and there's being wrong- XLM is chatting an absolute load of cobblers, and secretly he must know it, there's no way anyone could come out with such an outlandish provocative statement without wanting a reaction.

Troll.

Its the effect of a group being marginalised, they often become more extreme. The Venky/Kean apologists are down to about 1% of Rovers fans, and that 1% seem to be coming out with more and more outlandish stuff to defend their increasingly precarious position.

I'm a Kean apologist? Can you read?

This is just daft and going over old ground. The bad decisions of Venky's from keeping SK which then filtered down to our playing squad was what got us relegated. The players never got chanted at, it was always Kean or Venky's.

There's having a different opinion, and there's being wrong- XLM is chatting an absolute load of cobblers, and secretly he must know it, there's no way anyone could come out with such an outlandish provocative statement without wanting a reaction.

Troll.

Urgh. If you aren't going to bother reading what I wrote then don't respond to it or cast judgement on me for it. This is why there's no decent discussion on these boards, if anyone disagrees even slightly with the general consensus they're a troll.

For the record, I'm in (nearly) complete agreement with the above. I still give partial blame to the fans for our relegation though. It would have happened at most other clubs, that's just the nature of football fans. I had the hope though, that our fans could try their utmost to pull the club through and keep the turmoil off the pitch, but the majority jumped on the confrontational bandwagon far too readily.

Boos and chants at the manager after every misplaced pass or shot is hardly morale boosting.

XLM - did you go for the entire season or just selected games?

The fans didn't turn on the manager until the Bolton game at home if memory serves me correctly, they should have truned much sooner and would have at any other club. The vast majority of games you never heard any anti kean chants, so I'm completely at a loss to understand how a tiny minority, not a majority as you stated, helped get the club relegated?

The boos and chants started up again when we lost the ball. Or at least they did in the BBE. "Every" was an exaggeration.

No they didn't though.

The Kean Out chants usually started when we conceded a second. Remember we've been shipping an AVERAGE of over two goals per game.

And this was only as a crescendo of an awful campaign - if it can be called that - right before the obviousness of Kean never being sacked, at which point it became Venkys Out.

This wasn't about misplaced passes. It was about 12-18 months of mismanagement.

And you didn't answer my question. Do you work for Rovers? I only ask because, for whatever reason, the club has decided it will back and protect Kean AGAINST the fans. Certain members of this MB, who have been, and continue to be, most vocally critical of the fans - and most apologetic for the Venky-Kean regime - are part of the club organisation (I.e. paid employees, the FF or the Official MB).

Cheap insinuations about fans causing or helping the club's relegation are frankly insulting.

And what happened towards the end of the season when the team WERE supported to the hilt "again"?

Yes that's right the gutless cowards lost 8 out of the last 9 and then all looked for transfers

W**kers the lot of them

Do you know what supported to the hilt means? That would be going beyond what normally happens at a game and have singing for the team for the full 90 minutes. Nobody expects that and nobody can say it happens. I personally feel it goes a hell of a lot the other way. There was no real chants for the players aside from the odd Feed The Yak chants. You obviously don't remember the days when fans used to sing their hearts out for positive things as opposed to solely negative things.

It doesn't make sense to say the players were supported when the chanting was all against Kean and Venky's. It would be understandable to say those songs didn't attack the players, and that is fair enough, but when you combine it with the lack of real singing for the team, the booing of players such as Roberts, Pedersen, Andrews (more than others) and Petrovic make it blatantly obvious that they weren't even adequately supported.

blah blah....I don't really understand football but I'm gonna make little digs at my fellow fans because I'm a clown......blah blah

You missed the point I was making. And we went down by 6 points, hardly no chance of staying up.

I was saying that I would have hoped Blackburn Rovers fans would have tried to positively influence the club and help keep the side in the top division rather than imploding. It might have made no difference but at least we could have left with dignity rather than looking like animals. Keep the turmoil off the pitch. I still want to enjoy my football.

Oh and by the way, who came out of last season looking better, Steve Kean or the fans? We managed to make a drink driving shyster look better than us. Bravo.

We had 0.1% chance of staying up...if you understood football and could see how easily it was for teams to beat us, this would be obvious......you're obviously one of those people who if we had blindly got behind the team throughout the whole shambolic affair, would now be moaning about us not trying to get the manager out........"dignity"...are you serious? Do you not know how the media work? Would that be seriously comforting to you if a few opposition fans recognised that we held our dignity as we were relegated? A choice between that and trying to get a real manager and you pick the former? And we went down by 7 points including goal difference.....you know, because our goal difference was absolutely pathetic seeing how we conceded almost 80 goals......although that would have been down to about 40/50 if we sang "England's No. 1" at Robbo a few more times yeah?

Alright fine, you still wanted to enjoy watching what Steve Kean calls "playing football", and I call, "getting dismantled" rather than having to hear such ghastly things as "Kean Out" and "You don't know what you're doing" during games...conveniently forgetting that these often arose as a result of going 2 goals down but whatever.....a bit more getting behind the team and we could have easily won a few 3-2....must remember that for next season.....but the point is, significantly more recognised that we were going down regardless and it had to be done from September until December....needs of the many outweigh the needs of a few and that all that......."who came out of last season looking better".....what if we did stay up? "The mighty Kean saves a poor Blackburn squad from relegation. All without the help of the fans who can't even fill their stadium".....what does it even matter anyway? If you put the feelings of opposition fans over your own then I don't know how to respond to that.

Please show how you got such a specific percentage. I mean factoring in all other percentages of other possibilities, etc.

you don't need to factor all other percentages in, the salient point is coco, 0% chance of winning anything

To be fair, fans started whinging and getting uptight from the off. I remember xmas 2011 one of those angry drunken dudes (one has a strong southern accent) in the lower BBurn End threatening to beat a guy up who had a Turkey on his head because they thought he was supporting Venkys. At this time people also starting bringing signs regarding the Venkys.

In response to the predictable replies:

As per my post, I believe to some extent that we did contribute to the relegation. I'm not denying the cause and effect and like I originally wrote it, I'm not denying that the portions of blame filters down from the top but some supporters were purposefully distractive and disruptive and it is laughable how anyone can deny this.

We weren't unified, we didn't support the club 100%, we didn't always motivate the players, whenever we went a goal down certain groups got straight on the back of the team and manager but most importantly for me we didn't make Ewood a cauldron of hate for the visitors, we made it like that for our own players and fellow supporters. For me, that isn't going to help the guys on the pitch one bit. For those of you that think that positive support doesn't have an impact...just ask the Olympians.

What about the season before last which if it hadn't been for Sam Allardyce's points on the table, we wouldn't have stayed up? Who would you have blamed for that if Kean had a couple more games to take us down?

His record speaks for itself.

you don't need to factor all other percentages in, the salient point is coco, 0% chance of winning anything

Well that can't be the case as we won a (very limited) number of games last season, thus rendering your theory incorrect.

I'm not saying that the fans got the club relegated. I'm saying that they didn't help the situation. Why is that so hard to understand?

Away teams loved coming to Ewood, their fans started using the Kean out chant when they scored or we ###### up, goading us in to joining in. They knew that it could only have a bad affect on our players.

If you honestly believe that the chants had no affect on our players because they weren't aimed at them then there's something up.

Oh, and no I don't work for Rovers. Not that it really matters or is any of your business, my opinion is my own.

It isn't rocket science. People can't face it though. They've invested too much hatred in this.

The fans contributed. The absence of that contribution may not necessarily have saved us, but it was there and we'll never know what could have been.

And that is a shame. As are other factors at the club. But that one seems more of a shame to me as it was conducted by those who were supposed to love the club.

I'm not saying that the fans got the club relegated. I'm saying that they didn't help the situation. Why is that so hard to understand?

Away teams loved coming to Ewood, their fans started using the Kean out chant when they scored or we ###### up, goading us in to joining in. They knew that it could only have a bad affect on our players.

Hang on, I remember away fans chanting for Kean not against him. At one match I remember chants of... "Keano give us a wave."

If anything Kean was their 12th man.

It isn't rocket science. People can't face it though. They've invested too much hatred in this.

The fans contributed. The absence of that contribution may not necessarily have saved us, but it was there and we'll never know what could have been.

And that is a shame. As are other factors at the club. But that one seems more of a shame to me as it was conducted by those who were supposed to love the club.

Hang on, I remember away fans chanting for Kean not against him. At one match I remember chants of... "Keano give us a wave."

If anything Kean was their 12th man.

You really don't understand do you? They were goading the fans as well as the manager. And a lot of the Rovers nuggets fell for it.

If you are a genuine fan, home and away, you will know already there were few complaints about Kean or the Venky's in his first season. Apart from a few singing 'he swerves to the left, he swerves to the right'......away at Everton.

We stayed up on the last day away at Wolves lest you forget after collapsing from mid-table. So no complaints from fans, but shocking results under Kean with a genuine mid-table PL squad.

The following season Kean enjoyed many of his best results (laughably few and far between) on the days that organised protests took place.

What were you saying again?

Oh yeah the fans contributed with dodgy team selections, dodgy substitutions, giving penalties away and missing open goals. I personally missed four one on ones and should have done much better with two free headers. Getting sent off 6 times did not help either. I get you now, sorry it took a while.

If you are a genuine fan, home and away, you will know already there were few complaints about Kean or the Venky's in his first season. Apart from a few singing 'he swerves to the left, he swerves to the right'......away at Everton.

We stayed up on the last day away at Wolves lest you forget after collapsing from mid-table. So no complaints from fans, but shocking results under Kean with a genuine mid-table PL squad.

The following season Kean enjoyed many of his best results (laughably few and far between) on the days that organised protests took place.

What were you saying again?

Oh yeah the fans contributed with dodgy team selections, dodgy substitutions, giving penalties away and missing open goals. I personally missed four one on ones and should have done much better with two free headers. Getting sent off 6 times did not help either. I get you now, sorry it took a while.

First season we did poorly but stayed up. Second season we did poorly and went down.

First season you say Kean was backed. Second season you say the the fans didn't support 100%.

Hmmmm.

We'd have still done poorly, but you cannot deny the possibility that with the fans behind the team we might have made a push for it, and had we got a couple of wins at crucial times then the last few games may have even panned out differently based on being in a stronger position, alone.

You really don't understand do you? They were goading the fans as well as the manager. And a lot of the Rovers nuggets fell for it.

It's perfectly understandable. Of course they were goading our fans with it but every opposition fan who came here knew that Kean was an awful manager and there was a good chance they'd easily get 3 points. They were having a laugh in the full knowledge that our team was totally rudderless.

I don't see how you could call anyone a nugget, when you fail to understand that Steve Kean and Venky's and only Steve Kean and Venky's caused the relegation of our football club.

First season we did poorly but stayed up. Second season we did poorly and went down.

First season you say Kean was backed. Second season you say the the fans didn't support 100%.

Hmmmm.

We'd have still done poorly, but you cannot deny the possibility that with the fans behind the team we might have made a push for it, and had we got a couple of wins at crucial times then the last few games may have even panned out differently based on being in a stronger position, alone.

Without Allardyce's points on the table, we'd have gone down that first season that Kean took over. Discuss...

Archived