BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] england

Point gained in Poland though right now Rooney should be dropped from the team and Milner should only be used according to the opposition.

John Terry is looking like a big miss for England at this moment in time so come on Phil Jones.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must I admire the way you are trying to turn this around because you have a history on here of having a problem with our resident "IndoPak" (your words) community

What a sh1t stirrer you are John. Just google 'indopak' and then tell me an easier and better way to generalise the immigrant community in Blackburn that originates from the entire Indian sub-continent .

What a sh1t stirrer you are John. Just google 'indopak' and then tell me an easier and better way to generalise the immigrant community in Blackburn that originates from the entire Indian sub-continent .

John? What's he done?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom

So Zlatan scored 4 tonight including an absolute worldie and at the same time Joe Hart manages to show the world that he is In fact quite over rated

Amongst the best instinct shot stoppers in the game but his all round goalkeeping is rather average and his decision making is poor I remember him coming out needlessly for a goal v rovers once as well never mind him often coming for corner and getting nowhere

So Zlatan scored 4 tonight including an absolute worldie and at the same time Joe Hart manages to show the world that he is In fact quite over rated

Amongst the best instinct shot stoppers in the game but his all round goalkeeping is rather average and his decision making is poor I remember him coming out needlessly for a goal v rovers once as well never mind him often coming for corner and getting nowhere

Sound like sour grapes Tom, until the substitutions came along, England looked comfortable though players like Shawcross and Huddleston for me shouldnt be anywhere near the England team after tonight.

Zlatan is an absolute genius. He's been criminally under-rated by the English media.

He's a nutcase too. All adds to his appeal IMO.

http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/11/20-unforgettable-quotes-from-zlatan-ibrahimovic/

Hart's only over rated by the English media, never particularly rated him highly myself. He's the best English keeper by a country mile but nowhere near the likes of Buffon etc as they were trying to claim during the Euro's.

Ibra showed his class, great player, would have loved to have seen him play in England during his career but I don't think he's ever been interested, which is probably why the English media have never rated him.

All round England looked pretty good until the changes late on, hope the likes of Osman aren't made a scapegoat as I thought he in particular did well.

• Backroom

Sound like sour grapes Tom, until the substitutions came along, England looked comfortable though players like Shawcross and Huddleston for me shouldnt be anywhere near the England team after tonight.

Sour grapes because I said Hart is over rated?

I didn't even intimate Sweden were the better team

Yea Ibrahimovich is some player, just saw his goals then....nice play by Olsson for his first and his fourth is utterly ridiculous....even the control and finish for his 2nd was quality...oh yea and the third as well.

Glad to see players getting a call up who deserve it like Osman but then I see the complete joke that is Tom Huddlestone getting a game as well???

Hart? Will be class one day....isn't one of the world's best atm, never mind the best......Foster and Forster aren't even that far behind him anyway imo....too many mistakes for my liking....would prefer a reliable keeper if I was an England fan....until Hart gets a bit older that is.

Why did Olsson get taken off?

Rhodes came off after about 88 mins but he didn't look injured....was probably running the clock down which we genuinely needed to do tonight against Luxembourg.

Sour grapes because I said Hart is over rated?

He certainly had an off night but wasnt it Joe Hart that kept us in the world cup especially that final game against Italy that forced it to penaltys when they were totally dominating that second half.

Watching the highlights on ITV again Harts had a terrible game from start to finish. Should be interesting to see what Hodgson does for the next game in who keeps for England.

The term "IndoPak" has almost never been used on google to refer to the people from that part of the world, it's just your daft phrase. For one it misses out Bangladeshis and Sri Lankan people.

In the UK, "Asian" is usually used for that group (as opposed to North America and Australia where it's used for East Asians). However if you're concerned about the confusion you could always refer to them as "South Asians".

Never really rated Ibrahimovich - always thought he was a show pony and ponced about the football field like a big girls' blouse - but that 4th goal was stunning.

Why do these wonder goals always happen against England ? :(

I quite enjoyed it and was interested to see how the newly introduced players would do. Makes a nice change to seeing the likes of Lampard, Terry, Rooney, Ferdinand etc. who have always taken playing for England for granted.

I felt that Osman was impressive. He retained possession and moved forward into some quite positive positions and was unlucky not to have carved open a chance for himself on a few occasions. He was a lot more positive in receiving the ball and moving forward than a lot of the players which was good to see. He took his opportunity to impress and I feel that he could prove to be a very useful member of the squad.

Raheem Sterling left me feeling that it was way too soon for him to be anywhere near the England set up after his first 30mins. He seemed to be cutting in way to much, static when receiving the ball and generally out of his depth. To the lads credit though, he really grew once we equalised and was perhaps our biggest threat at times for the next half hour. He did fade badly at the end but, again it was a good debut. I'd give him the nod over Walcott, but keep him behind Chamberlain.

The point where it really went wrong for us was when Hodgson brought on Sturridge. In moving Welbeck out wide and playing Sturridge as the lone striker, we had nobody to keep possession at the front and were on the back foot from then on. I have to say that Welbeck continually impresses me for England. I never thought he'd even be a premier league player a few seasons back, so fairplay to him.

Caulker grew as the game went on and the bizarre performances from Cahill and Hart couldn't have helped matters.

I'd have liked to have seen Zaha start or at least to have come on instead of Sturridge, but maybe it's best not to rush things and let things get to his head. The tabloids have already built him up to a ridiculous level.

Based on the tenure under Hodgson so far, I think it is quite clear that we can play good effective football especially when we mix up our tempo and range of passing, rather than embarrassing ourselves by trying to replicate Spain. I'd like to see a team a bit like this below as our core leading into the World Cup:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Hart

Johnson - =-=--Cahill - Jagielka=-= - Baines

Chamberlain - Gerrard - Wilshere - Young

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Welbeck - Carroll

Archived