BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean (multiple merged threads)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't these reporters not ask numb nuts( am I allowed to call him that or will ex mods be offended?) if he would elaborate on other reasons for relegation or how he can carry on like nothing happened?

I'm sick to my back teeth of all the reporters being nice as pie to venkean. It's ok asking a few tentative questions and then backing off after being called negative . ASK WHAT THE READERS WANT !!!

I shudder to think what Peter White is making of it .

Why can't these reporters not ask numb nuts( am I allowed to call him that or will ex mods be offended?) if he would elaborate on other reasons for relegation or how he can carry on like nothing happened?

I'm sick to my back teeth of all the reporters being nice as pie to venkean. It's ok asking a few tentative questions and then backing off after being called negative . ASK WHAT THE READERS WANT !!!

I shudder to think what Peter White is making of it .

Bang on Abbey, its about time they risked the wrath of Barry Chuckle and just asked the questions the fans want to hear.

Cryer did have a pop last season, but let kean off the hook:

“I know you’ve been negative Andy – but I would rather be positive. I’m positive. You’ve been negative all season.”

When it was said that large sections of Ewood Park were also concerned about the club’s future, Kean replied: “That’s your opinion.”

Bang on Abbey, its about time they risked the wrath of Barry Chuckle and just asked the questions the fans want to hear.

Cryer did have a pop last season, but let kean off the hook:

“I know you’ve been negative Andy – but I would rather be positive. I’m positive. You’ve been negative all season.”

When it was said that large sections of Ewood Park were also concerned about the club’s future, Kean replied: “That’s your opinion.”

You're right, he did let him off the hook. That was the prime chance for Andy to highlight some home truths. If it were me, I would have said that I wasn't being negative, just realistic and how else would you expect people to react when you had only won 13 games from 59 and had lead the team into two relegation battles, the second of which we failed to get out of? In fairness to Cryer, he's been fair more critical of him than anyone else and it's easy to say that he should have said this or that when sitting in front of Kean and you have to remain professional.

In a number of interviews Steve Kean has denied that his intensions were to takeover the mangers job once Allardyce was sacked.

I've found an article from Andy Cole in Dec-10 who claims that someone told him prior to the Venkys takeover that they were going to buy the club and lining up Kean as manager.

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/steve-kean-can-do-job-at-blackburn

From the article:

"Everyone, including Sam, is stunned. I'm not, because a trusted little bird told me two months ago what was going to happen.

He said that the club would be taken over by an Indian company and that Sam would be pushed aside, to be replaced by the coach Steve Kean. If Keano does well then he keeps the job."

Guess this explains the initial contract to the end of June-11. Although saving us from relegation on the last day of the season is hardly "doing well" enough to earn a new contract.

Also exposes yet more lies from SK.

"He was very astute, tactically".

My personal favourite was the game at Bolton in a vital 6 pointer - and he made just the one half time change. Everyone - the rovers fans and the Bolton management expected him to throw a couple of strikers on and chase the game, but he didn't.

Sheer genius.

This was my favourite:

Blackburn manager Steve Kean admitted he had "forfeited" their Carling Cup quarter-final against Cardiff ahead of crucial league games.

Kean's side are bottom of the Premier League and after his side's 2-0 defeat he said: "We are in a position where we have forfeited going through and having the chance to reach a cup final.

"We have games against sides within touching distance of us in the league.

"We need to treat those games as cup finals."

"He was very astute, tactically".

My personal favourite was the game at Bolton in a vital 6 pointer - and he made just the one half time change. Everyone - the rovers fans and the Bolton management expected him to throw a couple of strikers on and chase the game, but he didn't.

Sheer genius.

Don't forget the Spurs away game in which we had to win. After failing to get into the Spurs half for pretty much the entire match or registering a single shot on or off target and being 1-0 down since the 22nd minute it takes Kean till the 72nd minute of the game to make a sub.

Despite seeing Modeste on the sideline ready to come on, the sheer disbelief that followed when the number 24 was displayed on the officials subs board and instead of taking the game to Spurs by playing 2 strikers in a bid to actually muster just 1 effort on goal and try and get a foothold in the game, he took off our best player, leading goal scorer and most consistant performer to be replaced by a grade A plum. The misery was extended only 3 minutes later when Walker smashed home a worldie of a freekick, which left us staring down the barrel at relegation.

Ha ha so the reason that they haven't sacked Kean is because they want to be see as "loyal" owners:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16428_7923121,00.html

What Rao says in that interview is an insult to all the people they've ruthlessly sacked. Obviously a load of drivel as well as not sacking him goes beyond loyalty.

They weren't very loyal to Sam Allardyce, Tom Finn, John Williams, Paul Hunt etc. What a load of bull sh1t.

Watching the interview he comes across as nervous - his eyes are twitching around. He even looks like he's telling lies.

They weren't very loyal to Sam Allardyce, Tom Finn, John Williams, Paul Hunt etc. What a load of bull sh1t.

Watching the interview he comes across as nervous - his eyes are twitching around. He even looks like he's telling lies.

He must think we're bloody stupid

Archived