SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised nobody has mentioned our old slanging foes... the big team Brum

Think they will be more stable this trime around along with Boro & Leicester

Wolves should be around there but looking less promising the more there players get mentioned to be leaving - Notlob same as us- should be there or there abouts but won't be.

Think our lovely neighbours down the 65 may surprise a few this season.

• Backroom

Watching this game and the one last night has me worrie that we don't have enough average championship type players who know the league

The likes of Dean marney aren't anything special but important in this league

Thought this before the games today and not much has really changed the opinion.

Bolton or Cardiff to win the league

Other tough challengers - Leeds, Big Club, Wolves and Leicester.

Top 6 of us, Bolton, Cardiff, Leeds, Leicester and Leeds.

Think Blackpool will lose 2 of their best players by end of the window. Leeds look to have made some very shrewd signings and Warnock is experienced at this level.

Looking at the teams in the league...I think Us, Cardiff & Bolton to go up, with Leicester losing the play-off final. IF we sign Rhodes then I really think we could even with the league.

If anyone thinks that Rovers gave away needless points today...

As I couldn't see the Rovers game I watched the Burnley v Bolton game thinking it'd be a good local derby with lots of spirit. Bolton were absolutely awful.

We scored there only goal for them, so yes we did.

stop being obtuse. by all accounts we were 2nd best today. We had 2 shots on target and 2 corners. We scored once and sat back the rest of the game. That's hardly the way to go about getting promoted, but it is EXACTLY the same as last season. Nothing has changed except everything has got a little bit shitter.

Had the radio on at lunchtime so heard a bit of the Leeds game. Nice to see that Colin (Leeds boss in case anyone was wondering) is living up to his name : see that he's signed his best mate El Hadji. Always thought those two had the greatest mutual respect.

Match of the day is making things sink in more :(

At least there's still a shot of shearer lifting the trophy in the opening

I don't think I'm going to be able to listen to Leroy Rosineor giving his expert opinion about us on FLS later :(

Bolton, Wolves, Cardiff to go up I think.

Well the lot from down the road seem to think thry have strengthened in the right areas defence midfield, although they have lost their main strikers. Expect a lot of low scoring games and draws. 18th

Think Leeds, Leicester will be automatic spots with the usual contenders for playoffs.

Think it could go either way for Bolton. Good start maybe play offs or bad start mid bottom half.

I wouldnt want to predict our fortunes and I am going to say no more on that for the threads sake.

It's only one game but Bolton will need to improve massively to have any chance at all. We put them to the sword with ease, not once did they have a period of sustained pressure. This is against a side that, even as a fan, I think will struggle to be top half - hell a relegation fight seems more likely than a top 10 finish for us.

Thought Huddersfield were really unlucky tonight, by far the better team but didn't take all those chances. Norwood looks a real talent.

Burnley lad is Norwood :-)

As for who will win it etc - so hard to predict but come the end of the season I'd expect the following teams to be in or around the top 6:

Rovers, Bolton, Leicester, Wolves, Forest, Charlton, Huddersfield, Leeds and maybe Watford with Blackpool possible

Keano really needs to be there at least until December 2nd.

Bolton were absolute toss, by the way. 8 of their 11 played in their last Prem game and yet they were possibly the worst team I've seen on the Turf for about 18 months.

Apparently they had 11 players who would all walk into our side. 'Appen they should have picked a few of them. And wait until you see Kevin Davies these days...

Archived