SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So is Suarez, but he's still one of the worlds top players

Yeah but Suarez is a tad overrated. He's as good as anyone at creating for himself, but he's not that great of a finisher. He's up there with the best, but he's pretty selfish in possession and though he usually is able to carve out a chance when he doesn't pass, he frequently doesn't finish it. As a result other players get less chances. It seemed like the Henderson's and Sturridges enjoyed playing without his at Newcastle.

Yeah but Suarez is a tad overrated. He's as good as anyone at creating for himself, but he's not that great of a finisher. He's up there with the best, but he's pretty selfish in possession and though he usually is able to carve out a chance when he doesn't pass, he frequently doesn't finish it. As a result other players get less chances. It seemed like the Henderson's and Sturridges enjoyed playing without his at Newcastle.

Maybe cos Suarez is there. Get rid of him and Sturridge will revert into the lazy arsed player that hides beneath his undoubted talent quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. Suarez turns up every week Sturridge only when it suits. As for any sort of comparison with Henderson! Grief. :rolleyes:

btw..... Suarez is a @#/? BUT he is most definitely NOT overrated.

:wstu::rock:

Not championship but Hartlepool fans all gone dressed as penguins today!

BI2VRoACIAE_KL1.jpg

Claire, what are the reasons behind this if i may ask? Just an end of season thing, or something else?

:rolleyes:

In fairness Murray at Palace has also been excellent. Hard to chose between the three but based on consistency I think I'd have gone Murray/Rhodes/Austin.

By the way Austin isn't a @#/? at all - he's that rare breed of modern footballer that has actually worked for a living and to be honest when I've met him he is very down to earth, seems to really appreciate how fortunate he is.

Pleased we managed to get one in the team though.

• Backroom

Who was in the team Longsiders? Trippier?

The thing is with Rhodes price tag comes a level of expectancy, its not his fault at all but the fact he cost £8m will stick in people's minds and people like the Watford lad who came as an unknown will get more credit

Zaha as player of the season is baffling mind you

If my strikers were passing all the time and not putting the ball in the net or shooting id be removing them asap.

After all whats a striker for.

If my strikers were passing all the time and not putting the ball in the net or shooting id be removing them asap.

After all whats a striker for.

tell that to SAF and Wayne Rooney. Went from striker to a midfielder after the goals dried up, and now supposedly a bit part player. Its easier to just refer to him as playing off the striker, when in theory they just struggle to drop him because of his poor form as a striker.

lol, Mark Hudson thats it. He along with Whittingham have been really good. but then again, defenders hardly get these type of awards at any level.

Hudson is a great defender at this level. I haven't seen much of Cardiff this season though. Whittingham should have been back in the Premier League years ago. He's one for the fantasy teams next year, he'll be cheap and get plenty of points.

Hudson has been solid everytime ive seen him, but one has to say that in a winning team, and with everything going well for them, its easy to play well both as an individual and as a team.

its clear when you look at the unity in the Cardiff team, and then look at us. Its no surprise that we struggled when you look at all the off field nonsense, and its clear that we deserve what we got.

I still cant believe that 2 Welsh clubs are in the ENGLISH Premier League though, for me its not right, but somebody will point out to me why those 2 Welsh clubs are allowed to be there?

Who was in the team Longsiders? Trippier?

The thing is with Rhodes price tag comes a level of expectancy, its not his fault at all but the fact he cost £8m will stick in people's minds and people like the Watford lad who came as an unknown will get more credit

Zaha as player of the season is baffling mind you

Yeah Trippier, be very surprised if he's still with us come August. We've also 6 out of contract so if we lose him and those 6 plus Austin it is almost a new team next season for us.

As for Zaha - probably the same logic applies with the Rhodes fee - United have just paid a lot of money for him so he must be the best. I can't say he would have been my pick.

Claire, what are the reasons behind this if i may ask? Just an end of season thing, or something else?

:rolleyes:

They should all be in monkey suits with a tricolour in one hand and a banana in the other but that sort of humour has been sacrificed on the alter of todays false God..... political correctness.

Archived