BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

Maybe harsh on him but the first and third goal was akin to what you would see at pleasington

Burnley finish above us for the first time in memory, can't say over a season it's not deserved, lets be honest we are lucky not to go down

Agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly. For a large part of the season we played relegation standard football.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy day in the championship. Surprised to see Peterborough go down, Wolves went down as expected.

Forest, Bolton and Watford all blew great chances. The play offs are massive for Watford. It's potentially make or break for the future of the club. With a transfer embargo and their loan players going back, they will only have 14 senior pros on their books next season. Likely to be relegated regardless of what division they are in.

Fully expected us to go down 4 weeks ago. Bowyer worked his magic yet again and saved us. Relieved but ultimately not a good enough season for us. New ceo and perm manager needed for next season.

Bowyer was an extremely steady pair of hands on an otherwise rocky ship. We were blessed to have him at the club.

Been said a thousand times but if we're looking to attract the likes of Ali or Peter Taylor then for God's sake keep the man. If Mrs Desai takes a knock to the head and goes for an experienced guy then unfortunately Bowyer should resume his old role (if he'd want it). I expect a crazy summer, regardless.

Wolverhampton Wanderers chairman Steve Morgan has released a statement after watching the club he owns get relegated to to League One.

Clearly a lot of mistakes have been made over the past two seasons. Although every decision has been with the Clubs best interests at heart, we have clearly got some of those decisions wrong. I understand the fans pain, anger and resentment towards me, the Board and the players, especially within the context of successive relegations. Its not been good enough and we must improve both on and off the pitch.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-steve-morgan-says-3410681

Better than what we would have got.

"We are very confused. First we were a Premier team, then we were a Champion team, now we are in the Number One division. Are we getting better or worse?"

Steve Bruce and Hull go up, you have to give them and him full credit for that.

I'm a bit disillusioned with the Premier League this year, people have said it for years, Championship League does have a lot of action alright, lots of matches and the standings can shift around rather quickly. Still, some years in the PL with the Rovers have been classic.

• Backroom

Wolverhampton Wanderers chairman Steve Morgan has released a statement after watching the club he owns get relegated to to League One.

Clearly a lot of mistakes have been made over the past two seasons. Although every decision has been with the Clubs best interests at heart, we have clearly got some of those decisions wrong. I understand the fans pain, anger and resentment towards me, the Board and the players, especially within the context of successive relegations. Its not been good enough and we must improve both on and off the pitch.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wolverhampton-wanderers-steve-morgan-says-3410681

Actions speak louder than words, and I'm afraid Mr Morgan has made some mistakes beyond comprehension. Wolves fans have every right to be @#/? off with him.

Interesting that Dean Saunders isn't mentioned at all in that statement. There's a thread on a Wolves forum very similar to our own Steve Kean Quotes thread, with a collection of ridiculous lines from Saunders. He gives Kean a run for his money in the idiot stakes, though he doesn't quite have the endearing and unrealistic optimism of our once supreme leader.

Jokes, and colours, aside, fair play to Danny Ings.

What a gesture. The will have meant a lot to that kid.

Maybe footballers aren't all dead from the chest up.

4v0prd.jpg

Putting everything else aside you've got to say that the only reason we re still in this league is Jordan Rhodes's goals. Even if we had got in someone else who had scored say 20 we would be way off the pace because we have created so little in games and nearly all his goals earned us points. Despite his limitation he was well worth the money so hope we can keep hold of him.

Nobody plays well every game but we've been in the situation where most of the team have been under performing for most of the season. I wasn't in the " best squad in the league " camp at any point but we should have done a whole lot better than 17 th in a very average league. We were simply out enthused in 95% of the games we played. After the dross of the last 2.5 seasons we need a big clear- out, it's obvious to me most of the team are in the wrong, apathetic mind set. Well let them go and be apathic at another club.

What a heartbreaking end of the season for the Peterborough fans though....they were leading 2-1 with only 10 more minutes to play. Then Phillips scores but they are still ok - and then a heartbraking 3-2 at the end of 90 mins. Gotta feel for those fans even more than for the Wolves-fans.Not quite the same for Bolton but they must feel it too. What an insane league this is!

But like others have said: I'm just glad we're not in it this year even though I more or less expect us to be fighting relegation (and administration) next season unless a miracle happens over the summer - i.e. both a competent board and a competent manager employed.

i don't feel for Peterborough fans as the only one I know of is Adrian Durham and he's obnoxious and has also had harsh words to say about rovers on plenty of occasions

Nobody plays well every game but we've been in the situation where most of the team have been under performing for most of the season. I wasn't in the " best squad in the league " camp at any point but we should have done a whole lot better than 17 th in a very average league. We were simply out enthused in 95% of the games we played. After the dross of the last 2.5 seasons we need a big clear- out, it's obvious to me most of the team are in the wrong, apathetic mind set. Well let them go and be apathic at another club.

100 % correct !

And who is going to take the majority of those we'd like rid of? Don't think it's going to be that straightforward. Think "Who do we want to keep?" They, in the majority of cases will be the ones to go. Then think "Who do we most want rid of?" They'll be the ones we are left with.

spoke to adrian durham a number of times on talksport in the past, always came across as ok, hates rovers because of an experience he had when he was at ewood with the away fans, got chased down by rovers fans, now tom watt, what a great guy, talksport aint the same without him.

May be true he's actually ok but he's the only presenter I ALWAYS turn off. I can even stomach a little of Keys and Gray before I get wound up but I can guarantee the intro to the Drive show will have me reaching for Classic fm

Hate it. Especially the way they drag a sh1te song from the 80s like Starship -Nothing's gonna stop us now and flog it to death. Then the amoeba employed as a DJ will say something along the lines of - 'not heard that one in ages'.

Shocking.

Wolves only 2 points off the drop zone and Bolton are only 4. Bolton will be ok but I have a sneaking feeling Wolves are going o get relegated. Teams like Barnsley know how to get out of this position. Wolves just cant shrug off that losing mentality and have appointed a poor manager.

Great call this

• Backroom

Bottlers? Maybe harsh but you feel they all expected a sucker punch when 5 minutes went up

Lets see if they can recover the situation in extra time

Edit Swindon down to 10

Archived