BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definite yellow card if he's given the free kick but its just a case of was there a push first

If that's at Tranmere he gets the push and no-one says a word.

• Moderation Lead

Sheffield United must have the worst play off record in the football league, and they were pipped at the post last season by Wednesday...

Charity wasn't it Tom?

Looking like Bumley will definitely finish above us.

I'll be glad to see the back of this season. I remember thinking the same thing last season.

And the season before. :(

Maybe harsh on him but the first and third goal was akin to what you would see at pleasington

Burnley finish above us for the first time in memory, can't say over a season it's not deserved, lets be honest we are lucky not to go down

Pride Of Lancashire ....... I'm happy being above you but as we were both under real threat of relegation until about a week ago I'm not either side can claim any major bragging rights - as was said on other threads, arguing over who is more @#/?.

Oh well at least we have another season to go at you - think this will be the first time we've spent consecutive seasons in the same league since 1982?

Jokes, and colours, aside, fair play to Danny Ings.

What a gesture. The will have meant a lot to that kid.

Maybe footballers aren't all dead from the chest up.

4v0prd.jpg

Love that picture. Like you say, good to know there are still decent lads out there. For what it's worth I think Ings will come into his own next season if he is injury free, looks like a decent footballer as well as, based on this incident at least, a decent human being.

Love that picture. Like you say, good to know there are still decent lads out there. For what it's worth I think Ings will come into his own next season if he is injury free, looks like a decent footballer as well as, based on this incident at least, a decent human being.

Aye, he will probably do well at Cardiff or Hull...

More bonkers scenes in the play-offs this time

Watford v Leicester was locked at 2-2 on aggregate when Leicester got a penalty in the 6th minute of injury time after a blatant dive (and after all the bitching they did too after Speedie was chopped in half at Wembley in 1992).

Leicester took the penalty and it was saved, the rebound was saved also and then cleared downfield where Watford went on the break and scored to book a place in the final at Wembley. Just like Brentford v Doncaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs5yxozm_84

Fanstastic football and justice as the Leicester player threw himself to the ground for the pen. But the best thing about that video is the steward at 1.54, who despite half the stadium celebrating on the pitch singles that one fan out for a full on rugby tackle.

Strictly speaking not Championship any longer but Saunders has unsurprisingly been sacked as well.

Bizarre appointment in the first place.

Truly. They should have kept Solbakken, panicking and reverting to kick and rush from his more continental style (and players) was always a fool's errand. "If you've got the devil in your boat, you better row it all the way to shore..."

Fanstastic football and justice as the Leicester player threw himself to the ground for the pen. But the best thing about that video is the steward at 1.54, who despite half the stadium celebrating on the pitch singles that one fan out for a full on rugby tackle.

Did you celebrate at wembley when speedie dived. Not aimed at you ultra but every team dives for pens and yes it's been going on god decades. Lots of double standards for fans . Yes it annoys when it's against you but equally we ALL celebrate when we score from a dive .

What's your point? Everyone knows that. I don't like when players deliberately handball it but I loved it when Pedersen did it to Newcastle.

If I was a neutral though, I would think it's terrible. And as we are neutrals in the play-off game, we don't condone diving.

It's not double standards, just the nature of being a football fan.

• Backroom

What's your point? Everyone knows that. I don't like when players deliberately handball it but I loved it when Pedersen did it to Newcastle.

If I was a neutral though, I would think it's terrible. And as we are neutrals in the play-off game, we don't condone diving.

It's not double standards, just the nature of being a football fan.

Well actually, no I don't like it and we never dive!!!! ;) Though tbf, I was absolutely appalled by Pedersen's dive vs Arsenal a while back.

After watching Rovers since the late 80’s and having been spoiled with most of this time being in the Premier League here are a couple of thoughts I’ve had about watching football in the Championship/Old Second division again.

The standard is very noticeably poorer. Perhaps an obvious statement but the gulf in class from the PL was much more than I anticipated. I used to think there probably wasn’t much between the bottom half of the PL and the top half of the Championship.....but there is.

The fitness of the players is also noticeably poorer.

You seem to get no time on the ball at all before you’re closed right down. Maybe the PL seems like this when compared with La Liga and Serie A but it seems even more so in the Championship. I don’t think this leads to good football if you’re treating the ball like a hot potato looking to either get rid as quickly as possible or face get clattered. I quite like seeing the more creative players be able to put their foot on the ball, look up and have time to be able to play a bit. Some teams such as Swansea, Blackpool previously and Watford this year have managed to break the mould and play some football and been successful but most don’t. Perhaps with the lack of imagination and variety is why the teams are all of a similar standard and the league so tight.

Anyway maybe it’s always been like this but having not really watched Championship football in any depth its things I’ve noticed and been surprised about.

Archived