BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

It'll be very strange watching Rovers play Yeovil as I still have vivid memories of Chorley playing them in the Conference at Victory Park. The first season Chorley lost 3-2 the second Chorley won 3-2, both great matches. I remember the second game like it was yesterday yet it was probably 23 years a go!

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there today as they're my 'local' club. Fantastic day out! When we won the Premier League they got relegated from the Conference. Can't wait for Rovers Yeovil at Huish Park next season.

Was at Wembley today also - What a day, YTFC are in dreamland now! So proud of the club in achieving what seemed impossible! Right now I'll be hoping for a draw when Rovers play at Huish Park - looking forward to the fixture list now more than ever.

Yeovil eh..let the good times and big games roll.

It can only be a good thing surely that Yeovil are in the Championship. It shows that no matter how much money is swilling around and how much the big boys try to make football a closed shop the pyramid system is still working. It gives hope to every lower league club as without the ability to progress the whole game will wither.....I can be positive occasionally ;)

Was at Wembley today also - What a day, YTFC are in dreamland now! So proud of the club in achieving what seemed impossible! Right now I'll be hoping for a draw when Rovers play at Huish Park - looking forward to the fixture list now more than ever.

Good on you too. I'm sure Johnson will get them competing next year, even though the wage bill will be the smallest in the league by a considerable margin! Also good to see another Rover (Gumboots too) with ties to Yeovil and Rovers.

Former Rover Paul Dickov has landed the Donny job.

lol, the sun ran the story that Appleton would be appointed today

Really don't see either kean or Appleton having a manager title again in my lifetime.......maybe tesco's venkys express

It can only be a good thing surely that Yeovil are in the Championship. It shows that no matter how much money is swilling around and how much the big boys try to make football a closed shop the pyramid system is still working. It gives hope to every lower league club as without the ability to progress the whole game will wither.....I can be positive occasionally ;)

Totally agree! Just goes to show what the right management team can achieve given the time and backing by its club, and its not all about money! Rovers could learn a lot from this....

Good on you too. I'm sure Johnson will get them competing next year, even though the wage bill will be the smallest in the league by a considerable margin! Also good to see another Rover (Gumboots too) with ties to Yeovil and Rovers.

Cheers. I'm sure he will - just have to sort his own contract out now and give him the continued backing to strengthen the squad. Its gonna be tough next year, but everyone here will enjoy it - even if its lasts one season... The whole place is buzzin - reminds me of when Rovers won the Premiership...

lol, the sun ran the story that Appleton would be appointed today

Really don't see either kean or Appleton having a manager title again in my lifetime.......maybe tesco's venkys express

There was a story in one of the Sunday tabloids linking Appleton with being the next England U21 manager in the summer if Stuart Pearce leaves. Woy seems to rate him highly for some reason.

God help our future generations if true.

• Backroom

Is Zaha really a much better player than the likes of Rochina? He got player of the season but isn't particularly prolific in goals or assists

Fancy feet can mask a lot

• Moderation Lead

Him and Bolassie are pretty similar but I must have saw maybe 4 of their games in the regular season and each time Bolassie looked better.

But he hasn't played in the playoffs, don't know why.

I saw a comment from a Palace season ticket holder saying Zaha's shooting was awful.

Palace fans seem to rate Bolasie more so than Zaha overall.

Yea? The ball control that Zaha can show is top quality but Bolassie looks a little bit more direct and therefore he seems to do more. Although Bolassie is really skillful as well.

There was a comment from a Liverpool fan today saying United fans would be mocking them if L'pool had bought Zaha for 15 million. I'd probably have to agree with him.

We'll see how he gets on at Utd though.

• Moderation Lead

Yea? The ball control that Zaha can show is top quality but Bolassie looks a little bit more direct and therefore he seems to do more. Although Bolassie is really skillful as well.

There was a comment from a Liverpool fan today saying United fans would be mocking them if L'pool had bought Zaha for 15 million. I'd probably have to agree with him.

We'll see how he gets on at Utd though.

Yeah, I think just in terms of consistency mainly, Zaha can score a worldie one week, then do nothing for a few weeks. That seemed to be the impression they gave. He's young and raw at any rate, so he's got time on his side.

Archived