BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The nPower Championship 12/13

Like Venkys. Never forgive. Never forget. Especially if you were there. Wounds heal on the surface but the mental scars endure.

What a horrendous day that was.

At the time it felt like the dream of First Division football was gone for ever... which in hindsight it was until this season's relegation scare...

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was two. And frankly find it unbelievable that such a petty grudge could be held so long. Hating somebody with a "passion" because they beat us in a football match twenty four years ago?

I guess you needed to be there.

btw If you were two then then you know sweet FA about what supporting BRFC in the real world is like.

What actually happened?

We threw a 3-1 first leg lead away and lost 3-0 after extra time and the dream of the top flight died.

Truly devestating afternoon. Nothing has topped it since, not even two relegations. The team froze, the ref had a mare and the last part of extra time was a farce with fans virtually on the pitch

Little did we know that 2 years later a White Knight (who was rumoured to be in the background for a few years at that time) would come charging in and wisk us all to neverland

I guess you needed to be there.

btw If you were two then then you know sweet FA about what supporting BRFC in the real world is like.

Oh shut up you complete to$$er.

We threw a 3-1 first leg lead away and lost 3-0 after extra time and the dream of the top flight died.

Truly devestating afternoon. Nothing has topped it since, not even two relegations. The team froze, the ref had a mare and the last part of extra time was a farce with fans virtually on the pitch

Little did we know that 2 years later a White Knight (who was rumoured to be in the background for a few years at that time) would come charging in and wisk us all to neverland

I see, so other than us getting beat by them in an important game of football, there is no other reason to detest Palace?

I see, so other than us getting beat by them in an important game of football, there is no other reason to detest Palace?

You had to be there. I was only 14 and ven now I cannot listen to Glad all over as it envokes the bad memories including that of seeing grown men sat on steps in tears............the worst coach journey I have ever had. And I've taken coach trips to Italy!!!

Some results are more than just the scoreline. I

You youngsters haven't a clue....

The pain of what happened at Selhurst that day still hurts like it was today.

I remember listening to the game in my bedroom as a teenager. It was heartbreaking.

You had to be there. I was only 11 and ven now I cannot listen to Glad all over as it envokes the bad memories including that of seeing grown men sat on steps in tears............the worst coach journey I have ever had. And I've taken coach trips to Italy!!!

Some results are more than just the scoreline. I

Rovers players shirts being pulled by palace fans , that song . Courtney . Palace fans lobbing @#/? n urine over the fence . I got hit with flask in the face . Earlier in the season the train got bricked .

And then Gerald played that sing after a game .

You're both too young for 'Nam jokes.

In fact you're both to young for Apocolypse Now jokes! ;)

Both too young for the completely irrational approach of holding a hatred down to losing a football match over two decades ago.

Pleased Udinese didn't go up, disappointed that Palace did. It was a lose-lose final to finish off a truly forgettable season.

A beautiful city in a beautiful part of the world. Udine is a million miles from our midden.

Both too young for the completely irrational approach of holding a hatred down to losing a football match over two decades ago.

Pointless talking to you. You just don't know and tbh your generation can't be expected to. However if you are REALLY committed to supporting BRFC then you are at the bottom of one long and unpleasant learning curve. Good luck. :tu:

You clearly have no understanding of what went on that day Batman. Those of us who remember only too well will always have a dislike for Palace. Having said that, it's easier to get to Watford from Blackburn than Palace so at least that horrific journey doesn't have to be made next season.

Any Supporter of Rovers who had a ticket for Palace in '89 will have this match as the Worst experience ever.

Batman ....you need to learn your Rovers History. At the end of this match in the Directors Lounge a certain Jack Walker asked Bill Fox and others the immortal question: "Do you buggars want to get promoted?"

This match and the awful experience for all of us started the whole 'new era' at Ewood.

History lesson over and now my mind is full of the crowd standing all the way round the touch-line.....and I can hear that bloody song.

Pointless talking to you. You just don't know and tbh your generation can't be expected to. However if you are REALLY committed to supporting BRFC then you are at the bottom of one long and unpleasant learning curve. Good luck. :tu:

Christ don't lump him in with us. I'm too young for Palace but I can't even ask my dad about that game without provoking a grimace of pain and him changing the subject. I'm sure I'd have been exactly the same had I been there.

Batman seems to like taking the approach of being so neutral that any expression of illogical passion or love for Rovers is deserving of dripping sarcasm. There are tens of non-regional rivalries around the country, many based on feuds over certain matches.

My mum decided I was too young to go to the 2nd leg but I remember my brother getting back from the game and vowing to hate Palace to the day he dies! that's coming from someone who is usually very calm. I'm sure he even said the terracing was more grass than anything but that might have been another ground.

Archived